Sziget 2020

jj200

Anyone heard anything about their refund yet? It's been almost three weeks since cancellation.

I wonder if Sziget is looking to announce some of the 2021 line-up and then ask people to keep hold of their tickets until next year, to help with their cash flow?

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Anyone heard anything about their refund yet? It's been almost three weeks since cancellation.

I wonder if Sziget is looking to announce some of the 2021 line-up and then ask people to keep hold of their tickets until next year, to help with their cash flow?

You decided to go to 2021?

1 hour ago, thetime said:

You decided to go to 2021?

It's very likely. Have reserved accommodation, just in case. Can't see this shit lasting another 15 months without either a vaccine or some kind of testing / certification being in place to allow festivals and other major events to go ahead next year.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Nothing yet. Tamas Kadar had a TEDx talk last week, he said they need a new government decree to hand out vouchers instead of refund. Which is strange, because there's a venue in Budapest that decided to hand out vouchers for future events instead of paying refunds (no option for refund). On the other hand there's still no government decree about the restrictions of the gatherings until 15th August. It was only press conferences where the government officials mentioned it so I'm not sure we can speak about force majeure here.

Edit: I've just read an interview with Kadar. According to that there will be an option for refund. But if you decide to keep your ticket, you'll get a virtual account with the price of the ticket on it and you can spend it in next year on ticket/beverages/food/accommodation. It will be valid until the end of 2021, so you can spend it on the tickets for 22's edition. The full interview in Hungarian.

Edited by CCester

3 hours ago, Dania_ said:

I just want to know if The Strokes will play in 2021, that's the only info I need so I can decide whether to ask for refund or not
@Sziget2020_Leaks, do you know anything?

They say they're announcing line-up details to assist people in making their decision on whether to keep their ticket. That's got to be before 9 June so expect info in next 10 days or so.

It will be interesting to see how much of the line-up they keep. They should know by day ticket sales which headliners were the most popular.  

If a lot are rolling over from 2020 to 2021, I guess we will also, possibly, find out who the two remaining headliners were going to be.  

Loads of acts I hope will be returning but mainly Dua Lipa, The Strokes, Foals, Fever 333, Stormzy, Glass Animals, FKA Twigs and OMAM, 

Edited by swelsbyuk

6 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

They say they're announcing line-up details to assist people in making their decision on whether to keep their ticket. That's got to be before 9 June so expect info in next 10 days or so.

It will be interesting to see how much of the line-up they keep. They should know by day ticket sales which headliners were the most popular.  

If a lot are rolling over from 2020 to 2021, I guess we will also, possibly, find out who the two remaining headliners were going to be.  

Loads of acts I hope will be returning but mainly Dua Lipa, The Strokes, Foals, Fever 333, Stormzy, Glass Animals, FKA Twigs and OMAM, 

9 June 2021 dude, re-read the email lol... sadly I suppose we wont get line up info in the next 10 days ! 😕

8 hours ago, thetime said:

I'd imagine that was surely a typo.

I'm pretty sure that 9 June 2021 is not a typo because on their website they also say that "We are giving you lots of time to make your decision, so you have all the way until June 9th, 2021 to change your mind and request a refund.": https://szigetfestival.com/en/refund

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I'm pretty sure that 9 June 2021 is not a typo because on their website they also say that "We are giving you lots of time to make your decision, so you have all the way until June 9th, 2021 to change your mind and request a refund.": https://szigetfestival.com/en/refund

Yes I think you are right.

14 hours ago, Matt86 said:

9 June 2021 dude, re-read the email lol... sadly I suppose we wont get line up info in the next 10 days ! 😕

Aw man, I completely misread that! Lol. Cheers for correcting me, the whole family was getting excited for an upcoming announcement. I guess I'd better go and let them down gently. Whoops! 

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

Screenshot_20200527-135901_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ffe5da1e5ca035922fc2f627a55b77d0.jpg

Primavera Sound festival announced their lineup for 2021, what do yall think, what bands could play at Sziget 2021? Personally, I really would like to see Tame Impala, Gorillaz and Tyler, the Creator 🤞🏼

As well as more certain that The Strokes will be back in 2021 ;) 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had their money back?

Also if any one still plans to go to Budapest at the same time whats the best pubs. I have been a few times but I don't think I seen a pub sober. 

I have plans to still go with 8 off us and hope to have a good time. 

Hopefully see some off you there

On 6/29/2020 at 12:18 PM, Davidoff said:

Has anyone had their money back?

Also if any one still plans to go to Budapest at the same time whats the best pubs. I have been a few times but I don't think I seen a pub sober. 

I have plans to still go with 8 off us and hope to have a good time. 

Hopefully see some off you there

I'm still going but note that 14 day quarantine in place! I take it that will no longer apply as uk government have relaxed entry to UK from Hungary? Otherwise no point in going unfortunately 🙃

3 hours ago, Visitor said:

Does anyone (maybe one of the leakers) have an idea about the dates for 2021? I am willing to keep my tickets, but we also have an airbnb booking which we would have to postpone until next year. Otherwise we will lose half our money.

That's a really good point. Must be quite a few in the same boat. 

3 minutes ago, l11young said:

Hi, 

Does anyone know when the dates will be announced for 2021.  We need to move our flights and accommodation for this year in the next week or two? I have messaged on Facebook and emailed but no response? 
Thanks 

Probably it's going to be  4 Aug - 11 Aug as it's usually starts on the second week of August, but I'm pretty sure there will be an official statement soon.

• Like 1