Sziget 2020

jj200

16 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

thanks for the tip ;) I guess we'll have another rap name for next year then..

Or maybe Eminem will do the tour in 2021. :P I think there is a chance that he cancelled the tour because of the uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 situation.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Eminem was finally not on Sziget this year btw. His tour was cancelled. Not the first time the last couple of years (cancelling the tour, not Sziget).

Is there any information of Eminem touring upcoming year to make up for it? I know Eminem is known for cancelling or delaying his tours for numerous reasons. For example Pinkpop where he cancelled in December.

22 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Is there any information of Eminem touring upcoming year to make up for it? I know Eminem is known for cancelling or delaying his tours for numerous reasons. For example Pinkpop where he cancelled in December.

He was never on the list for Pukkelpop this year. Too expensive. Maybe again somewhere in the future. 
Eminem is every year a possibility. Many festivals are talking with his agent. But it is difficult to predict it will happen or not. Pinkpop a couple years ago is a perfect example.

Edited by Ken19

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

He was never on the list for Pukkelpop this year. Too expensive. Maybe again somewhere in the future. 
Eminem is every year a possibility. Many festivals are talking with his agent. But it is difficult to predict it will happen or not. Pinkpop a couple years ago is a perfect example.

I know he was not on the list for Pukkelpop, you told me that ;) hahaha. But allright I will have to wait and see then :) Thank you very much for your input again!

4 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Eminem was finally not on Sziget this year btw. His tour was cancelled. Not the first time the last couple of years (cancelling the tour, not Sziget).

Why are some acts so problematic when it comes to touring? Unrealistic conditions, personal problems?  especially rappers seems tough to book and undisciplined sometimes. 

Edited by activean

1 hour ago, activean said:

Why are some acts so problematic when it comes to touring? Unrealistic conditions, personal problems?  especially rappers seems tough to book and undisciplined sometimes. 

One day he can say: maybe I’m in the mood to tour. The agent starts to negotiate. The other day he is not in the mood and cancels his plans. Some artists are egocentric and not that professional... others are very trustable. They are maybe in a bad mood but they know that a lot of people are counting on them. 

The Avicii documentary gives a good idea how it works. But that is an extreme situation. They are not all like Julian Casablancas who is closely involved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, The_Preach said:

Eminem isn't known for cancelling or delaying. He cancelled one Tour (2005) cause he went to rehab. The Pinkpop thing got denied by someone from his Team. Even if it was true, it would be one Tour and one Festival during a 20 year career.

22 hours ago, Ken19 said:

There is no legit confirmation that Eminem cancelled any Tour this year. There was none announced and no cancelletion announced. Even if he did cancel a Tour, everyone did. Ever heard of Corona?

I don't know where the rumors about Eminem always cancelling come from but in a 20 years career he cancelled ONE! confirmed Tour.

• Downvote 4

16 hours ago, Ken19 said:

One day he can say: maybe I’m in the mood to tour. The agent starts to negotiate. The other day he is not in the mood and cancels his plans. Some artists are egocentric and not that professional... others are very trustable. They are maybe in a bad mood but they know that a lot of people are counting on them. 

The Avicii documentary gives a good idea how it works. But that is an extreme situation. They are not all like Julian Casablancas who is closely involved.

Stop the bullshit. Eminem cancelled one confirmed Tour in 20 years. He does Shows every year still. How about stopping to spread lies.

• Downvote 5

1 hour ago, SFTAR said:

Eminem isn't known for cancelling or delaying. He cancelled one Tour (2005) cause he went to rehab. The Pinkpop thing got denied by someone from his Team. Even if it was true, it would be one Tour and one Festival during a 20 year career.

Big fan of Eminem as well I see... I mean Eminem as an artist cancelling, this includes his team. I do not mean Marshall Mathers in any way. SO to the GOAT ❤️

1 hour ago, SFTAR said:

There is no legit confirmation that Eminem cancelled any Tour this year. There was none announced and no cancelletion announced. Even if he did cancel a Tour, everyone did. Ever heard of Corona?

I don't know where the rumors about Eminem always cancelling come from but in a 20 years career he cancelled ONE! confirmed Tour.

Even when not announced a tour (plan) can be cancelled. So in defence of Ken I think he just wants to inform us guys and answer my question if Eminem even was a possibility this year. Of course everyone cancelled it due to Corona, I did not see Ken giving any information about why he cancelled. 

1 hour ago, SFTAR said:

Stop the bullshit. Eminem cancelled one confirmed Tour in 20 years. He does Shows every year still. How about stopping to spread lies.

I know you feel strongly about Eminem, I do as well. But it is not a lie that Eminem including his team is not always trustworthy for any tour plans. This is totally different then announced tours, in that case Eminem does not cancel that many. But Ken and I were talking about the plans of an Eminem tour and not about an actual already announced tour.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The_Preach said:

I know you feel strongly about Eminem, I do as well. But it is not a lie that Eminem including his team is not always trustworthy for any tour plans. This is totally different then announced tours, in that case Eminem does not cancel that many. But Ken and I were talking about the plans of an Eminem tour and not about an actual already announced tour.

Dont try to act like insiders. I know someone from his Team and what you claim is straight bullshit. 

Sometimes there are talks about Shows or Appearances but they dont work out over money or schedule before a contract is done. Thats not cancelling and normal with all big artists. 

• Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, SFTAR said:

Dont try to act like insiders. I know someone from his Team and what you claim is straight bullshit. 

Sometimes there are talks about Shows or Appearances but they dont work out over money or schedule before a contract is done. Thats not cancelling and normal with all big artists. 

Nobody said anything different :D 

11 hours ago, SFTAR said:

He cancelled reading 2000 as well.

2 hours ago, SFTAR said:

I never tried to act like an insider, but if you think so it must be right... But still you interpret things differently then I ment and let's leave it with that then. Have a nice one.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:44 AM, SFTAR said:

Calm down man. Don’t be so offensive. Cancelling tour is cancelling plans, that is what I mean. It is not always easy to find the right words. It happens all the time in the business. It doesn’t mean that he confirmed the tour and then cancelled it. English is not my first language. I just want to say that the deal was nearly done, and finally the plan is not going trough. Some Sziget insiders had the confirmation that he would be on Sziget 2019. But their was no contract signed.
There were serious negotiations with Sziget, outdoor show in the UK... but finally the final confirmation didn’t came. Before Corona hits Europe. There always a lot of contacts with the entourage of Eminem, he is a very interesting act. That is how it works in the business. 
Same thing happened with Daft Punk a couple of times in the past. The Strokes were supposed to be in Werchter too multiple times in the past, Eddie Vedder finally said no last year... 

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3