Sziget 2020

jj200

2 hours ago, Isaacw77 said:

Quick question for anyone who has been sziget before for next year , would traditional camping be recommended, or the do i book accommodation or get a camping upgrade?

Depends on you.....campings the proper festival experience but it isn’t an easy place to get any rest and it’s long....music goes till 5 am. Personally I like my sleep and don’t have the stamina for 7 nights in a tent at a festival, I camped there once but every subsequent time took an apartment. Also main bands start at 4 pm and there is plenty of great bars in Budapest to warm up in.....foods better in town too!

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, Matt86 said:

I understand they need people to keep their tickets for next year... But honestly, it is not a 35€ concert, its way more expensive, so "investing" 400€ (ticket + camoing for example) for so long is kinda hard... ! 😕 I recognise I will have to think about it...

Don't forget that it is likely that the entertainment and travel businesses will be deeply hit in the covid aftermath. What today costs 400, tomorrow may cost 600.

Of course I'm talking more about transportation and hotels and the like of it, rather than the raw price of a festival ticket - which reflects other kind of business model.

This being said, when you commit to such a decision you have to weight the tradeoff between

A- Getting back the money and having them, knowing that the re-buy of the ticket may take more money;

B- Losing the availability of the money for an average-run, saving the risk of an increased ticket, but also running the risk that for any reason Sziget 2021 (specifically) could not be a thing (another outbreak of covid, Orban deciding that he rather have the island as a private piss-house, potato patato).

Honestly, I'd go for A anytime, but that's just me. I mean, I cancelled a flight to Tokyo the 9th of March and I'm still waiting for the money back - so I guess I'm biased about.

21 hours ago, Isaacw77 said:

Quick question for anyone who has been sziget before for next year , would traditional camping be recommended, or the do i book accommodation or get a camping upgrade?

I got an Air BnB last year. I’ve done a couple of festivals in very hot weather but for the sanity of the person I went with she chose accommodation about half hour with an easy tram link away.

1. Easy to explore the city during the day before going to the fest a bit later as not many of the acts on early really interested us.

2. Saved having to pay to bring a tent with us (especially as we flew onto Istanbul after).

3. We only brought carry on luggage so were able to do some washing.

4. Saved money on food/pre-drinks during the day, not that Sziget is that expensive & has LOTS of really nice food options.

5. OH could have a decent power nap before heading to the fest. She gets sunstroke really easily.

6. We arrived a day early so needed somewhere to stay anyway.

7. If there is a big group of you I can imagine it being good fun & bring the cost down.

8. Cheaper than a hostel double room if you are a couple - no party vibe if you are going alone.

9. Sziget when booking kind of had a feel of a one day festival (especially the Ed Sheeran day where some of the biggest crowds I’ve seen) with the bonus of being able to camp. I wouldn’t necessarily agree with this after now having gone but it meant I didn’t have fomo of not camping before going.

The camping spots did look like a lot of fun when we walked around & surprisingly plenty of spots had tree cover so people put up tarps over their camps for shade. I don’t think I would have minded camping for 3 days. It was hot but there were places to wash or swim.

Lot’s of nationalities mingling in the campsite too. Didn’t see many drugs, a few smoking a bit of weed by the beach.

Any other questions here is the place to ask. I was considering going again this year instead of Boomtown (not been but not sure that’s my scene anymore) as it really is a great festival.

• Upvote 1

So the Strand Festival which is Under samé management as Sziget has not been cancelled as the date is end of August. 

So there is still small chance that we can feel some Sziget like feel this year. 

LETS HOPE! 

P. S. Bmylake is same date, same location. Is this some kind of doublefestival? 

Edited by lukatej

7 hours ago, lukatej said:

So the Strand Festival which is Under samé management as Sziget has not been cancelled as the date is end of August. 

So there is still small chance that we can feel some Sziget like feel this year. 

LETS HOPE! 

P. S. Bmylake is same date, same location. Is this some kind of doublefestival? 

Strand started out as a festival mainly aiming at younger audience I think, and bmylake is a techno festival 

10 hours ago, bunnyv said:

Strand started out as a festival mainly aiming at younger audience I think, and bmylake is a techno festival 

Yeah, I know the difference between them, but what IS interesting that they are both at the same date (19-22.august),same location (Zamardi, Balaton) 

So there will be Ellie Goulding next to the techno stage or...? :)

10 hours ago, lukatej said:

Yeah, I know the difference between them, but what IS interesting that they are both at the same date (19-22.august),same location (Zamardi, Balaton) 

So there will be Ellie Goulding next to the techno stage or...? :)

Those are two different and separate festivals but they're on the same venue (this is where Balaton sound is held too) because these festivals are not that big like Sziget or Balaton sound they can half the place and one part is Strand festival the other is B my lake but you can't go to both with the same ticket or something like that.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, sandorbeni said:

Those are two different and separate festivals but they're on the same venue (this is where Balaton sound is held too) because these festivals are not that big like Sziget or Balaton sound they can half the place and one part is Strand festival the other is B my lake but you can't go to both with the same ticket or something like that.

Thats what I was thinking but couldnt find it anywhere. 

So what are the chances of these festivals actually happen? :)

17 hours ago, lukatej said:

Thats what I was thinking but couldnt find it anywhere. 

So what are the chances of these festivals actually happen? :)

Honestly I don't think that the chances of those happening are that big. The official ban on events is effective until the 15th of august (it's not the 31st like in other countries because they're hoping that the national holiday celebrations on the 20th of august could be held), but you have to be very naive to think that just 3 days after the ban lifted (if it's not prolonged) a festival with tens of thousands of people can be held. In my opinion at first only gatherings and events with a few hundred people will be allowed.

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Wizzair you can get a refund or a voucher for 120% of your flight cost to use in the next 2 years I’m pretty confident. Only if the flight is cancelled though.

Ahhh oke.... That would be pretty nice though. But I am wondering if they'll cancel the flights..

52 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Eminem was finally not on Sziget this year btw. His tour was cancelled. Not the first time the last couple of years (cancelling the tour, not Sziget).

thanks for the tip ;) I guess we'll have another rap name for next year then..