Sziget 2020

jj200

1 hour ago, Sziget2020_Leaks said:

Sziget will announce the canceling of the festival soon. No festivals or gigs in Hungary will be held until 15 August. 

Thank you for some more information! Do you have any idea what Sziget does with winned tickets. Will these tickets also move to next year?

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Do you know what next year's dates are likely to be? Start 4 August or 11th?

4-10 August 2021 as far as I know, although it's still really far away. 

Looking on the bright side, the island will look healthier than ever
and the organizers will have more time to book artists who weren't
even planning to tour until next year! Also, it will probably sell out
next year "thanks" to the virus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stupid question I suppose as it's a "how long is a piece of string" question.

My party (seven of us) still have flights, accommodation trains booked for this August - Into Vienna, onto Budapest, then finishing in Prague.

My final Budapest accommodation payment (50%) is due in two weeks. Do people think we should pay it (450 euros) or just cancel the whole lot and not throw good money after bad?

The statement is out. It's canceled. They are working on the methods regarding the ticket refund or rolling tickets to the next year. Also they'd be happy if the ticket holders would look at their ticket as a future investment and hold on to it until next year's edition.

Edit: Hungarian press release, if anyone's interested(you can find it on the Hungarian website): https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=f8a8309cca071301&page=view&resid=F8A8309CCA071301!73070&parId=F8A8309CCA071301!72945&authkey=!AFtZiAt9-YItpdU&app=Word

Edited by CCester

29 minutes ago, CCester said:

The statement is out. It's canceled. They are working on the methods regarding the ticket refund or rolling tickets to the next year. Also they'd be happy if the ticket holders would look at their ticket as a future investment and hold on to it until next year's edition.

I understand they need people to keep their tickets for next year... But honestly, it is not a 35€ concert, its way more expensive, so "investing" 400€ (ticket + camoing for example) for so long is kinda hard... ! 😕 I recognise I will have to think about it...

10 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I understand they need people to keep their tickets for next year... But honestly, it is not a 35€ concert, its way more expensive, so "investing" 400€ (ticket + camoing for example) for so long is kinda hard... ! 😕 I recognise I will have to think about it...

That's totally understandable and I think they know it too, so there will be a refund option.I think you'll have some time to think before you decide which option you choose.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

If someone is definitely intending to go in 2021, then keeping the ticket does protect against any price rises.

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

My party (seven of us) still have flights, accommodation trains booked for this August - Into Vienna, onto Budapest, then finishing in Prague.

My final Budapest accommodation payment (50%) is due in two weeks. Do people think we should pay it (450 euros) or just cancel the whole lot and not throw good money after bad?

I guess you should already ask for a refund, don't lose any time. The company will at least give you a voucher to use in the next 12 months or something like that. It's the law, they must do it.

I had a plane to go to Italy this summer for McR show, and the company gave me a voucher to use in the next 12 months. If I can't, they will gave me back the money. I think they're doing that because they can not give a refund to everyone right now, this solution give them some time.

51 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Anyway, @Sziget2020_Leaks thanks for the different tips you gave us, that was kind of you and really fun to make pronostics ^^

Hope to see you back in a few months ! (even if this time I think everyone will communicate earlier than before, some festivals already gave names for 2021, which never happenned so soon before lol)

I'll be back. 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1