Sziget 2020

jj200

Here's the confirmed Colosseum lineup: Anna Haleta / Boston 168 Live / Chris Liebing / D.A.L.I. / Dixon / DJ Stingray / Dr. Rubinstein / Echonomist / Eelke Kleijn / Francesco Del Garda / Gerd Janson / Hamish & Toby / Honey Dijon / I Hate Models / IMOGEN / Joris Voorn / Kölsch / La Fleur / Manni Dee / Matador / Mella Dee / Muallem / Musumeci / Nicolas Lutz / Patrice Bäumel / Perc / Phunkadelica / Robin Ordell / Rødhåd / Sasha / SHMLSS / Slam / Sonja Moonear / SPFOAKS [SPFDJ & Héctor Oaks] / Willikens & Ivkovic / Zioner

Hungary has declared a state of emergency due to coronavirus and has introduced, among other things, a ban on gatherings of more than 500 people.

Initially, this made me feel down-hearted but, in fact, I now feel this is a very positive move. It's 21 weeks until Sziget so plenty of time to get things under control.

https://index.hu/english/2020/03/11/hungary_state_of_danger_coronavirus_special_legal_order/

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

Hungary has declared a state of emergency due to coronavirus and has introduced, among other things, a ban on gatherings of more than 500 people.

Initially, this made me feel down-hearted but, in fact, I now feel this is a very positive move. It's 21 weeks until Sziget so plenty of time to get things under control.

https://index.hu/english/2020/03/11/hungary_state_of_danger_coronavirus_special_legal_order/

This is what I was told!

20200311_203953.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Least we will get a refund.

Fair play to the Hungarian Government making a quick decision, after all they've only had 13 cases.

Most important thing now is to follow the Government guidelines. 

6 minutes ago, Tripco said:

Just relax, it will be under control in few months, like in China.
Everything can be canceled, but not festivals🙏🏻 Summer will be ours, szitizens

Sure if all of us will be responsible and respectful of the rules :)

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, everest said:

Frequency festival

Neu mit dabei sind: marshmello, Future, Martin Garrix, Timmy Trumpet, Migos, DIE ANTWOORD, Daddy Yankee, Afrojack, Vini Vici, Sum 41, Ska-p official , James Arthur, Ferdinand And Left Boy, Von Wegen Lisbeth, Arizona Zervas, Mabel, Elderbrook, FEVER 333, Tom Walker, Octavian, LaBrassBanda, Meduza, Antilopen Gang, Trevor Daniel, Cavetown, Jamule & Palaye Royale!

So exit festival now have a strong competitor in a race for worst lineup of the year

I just hope we don't get Migos at Sziget, they were at exit in 2018 and they were terrible and also I hate that kind of music in general 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also from that list what we can't have at Sziget: Marsmello (Volt festival), Martin Garrix, Vini Vici, Meduza (Balaton Sound festival), Sum41, Timmy Trumpet (Strand festival), and also Elderbrook and Cavetown (they were at Sziget last year)

11 minutes ago, Isaacw77 said:

When can we expect the full lineup

I think it will take a while, also because live nation and AEG presents cancelled all events and tours until the end of march because of covid-19. For now it is not handy to announce names so I think next announcements are postponed f.e. Eminem is postponed already I think for the same reason.

Hey guys, I hope everyone's doing ok, these days are kinda weird and very stressful... take care !!!

About Sziget (which takes place in about 5 months so we should be good), can we expect the full line up before the end of the crisis ? Or will they wait ..? I have to say, good news from our favorite fests' would be great for our mental health ! 😅

8 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Hey guys, I hope everyone's doing ok, these days are kinda weird and very stressful... take care !!!

About Sziget (which takes place in about 5 months so we should be good), can we expect the full line up before the end of the crisis ? Or will they wait ..? I have to say, good news from our favorite fests' would be great for our mental health ! 😅

I thought about this lately. I guess that, business- and marketing-wise, two are the roads they can take:

- Hold the line up til the crisis is solved, which means to risk that people stop buying stuff because the buzz dies on one hand, stopping to sign band's contracts they would have to repay in case the fest is cancelled. It would be ethical, preventive and extremely pessimist;

- Continue to release names, in the name of the good vibes, because people needs to dream potato patato blah blah blah.

Both the roads can be walk. 

Honestly, five months is a long period and, if we are still looking after the epidemics by that time, festivals would be the last problem of ours. So I think that, so far, Sziget just has kept on its negotiation, has released the announcement it had scheduled from a decent time (the Colosseum) and it is waiting for the news about the infection before scheduling another name's release.

Hard to say if by the end of march / half april we should expect some release. My two cents goes on "No,  we should not". In my opinion, if they closed all the major contracts (the two headliners, that is) and they work well to keep them, they will be better doing a full lineup release by may / june (not necessarily in one single batch), rather than releasing something big in this period: itwould not have the impact that they desire, as the sellings have decreased significantly for any festival in this period.

• Upvote 2

We are twenty weeks away from the start of the festival. Three weeks ago I was certain it would still go ahead. I'm not so certain now BUT it may change again in the next three.

Hopefully, we will see the growth start to slow in the next few weeks like we did in China.

People just need to do as they're told and prioritise others above themselves for a change. 

Edited by billybigballs

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if they've actually got the money to make refunds.

I have a feeling everyone is saying there'll be refunds because that's their legal obligation. It only actually happens if they've got the money to make those refunds. :( 

Sziget themselves are saying that they will refund people if the festival is cancelled. It would be awful PR for them to back out of that after announcing it publicly 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if they've actually got the money to make refunds.

I have a feeling everyone is saying there'll be refunds because that's their legal obligation. It only actually happens if they've got the money to make those refunds. :( 

I am pretty sure they have an insurance for any cases that the festival has to be cancelled. F.E. norisk.eu