Sziget 2020

jj200

Is Mad Cool really that good this year though?

Very top heavy, headliner wise they have the big hitters. Over all though just the same as all festivals this year, not seen a great line up anywhere. 

I would say Roskilde is the strongest line up this year.

Edited by thetime

34 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

We all agree : Mad Cools line up is great. No doubt about it.

BUT ! ... there's no camping. And in my opinion, it is hard to call a music event a "festival" when there's no camping. Even if I know many of you guys wouldn't agree with me lol..

No camping is what's put me off the likes of mad cool and primavera.

• Like 1

Mad Cool has Live Nation backing, they pull almost every act touring Europe in July, like a vacuum cleaner. Sziget will never beat it, lineup wise (even though MC had very meh heads last year, the second, third and etc. tier is always very strong). But Sziget is better organized and its advantages are very well known. 5-6 decent acts a day and I’m good to go, personally. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BBU said:

take this with a grain of salt but apparently a copywriter confirmed that billie eilish is doing sziget this year 

Guess it would be technically possible if she has more Eastern Europe acts coming. She has a big gap after the UK shows. Although she has been ruled out several times by the leakers on this forum. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Akujin sama said:

Do you know her? Or she posted this somewhere online?

Just now, swelsbyuk said:

So she's not a friend or acquaintance of yours? Where have you picked this up from?

well basically this afternoon she tweeted that billie is coming and i wanted to check her credibility so i scrolled down A LOT on her twitter account and i've stumbled upon an article she wrote for her company last year. that's how i know here she works at. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BBU said:

well basically this afternoon she tweeted that billie is coming and i wanted to check her credibility so i scrolled down A LOT on her twitter account and i've stumbled upon an article she wrote for her company last year. that's how i know here she works at. 

Can you share the specific tweet? :) 

Interestingly I also saw this account with the tweet “can’t wait for Billie Eilish to be announced for Sziget”. 

I was gonna screenshot it but the tweet is gone...

She also claims in one of her tweets that she works with the “best artists around the world”

https://twitter.com/slhixpster

Edited by Akujin sama

3 hours ago, Akujin sama said:

Interestingly I also saw this account with the tweet “can’t wait for Billie Eilish to be announced for Sziget”. 

I was gonna screenshot it but the tweet is gone...

She also claims in one of her tweets that she works with the “best artists around the world”

https://twitter.com/slhixpster

It's an old tweet from 3 Feb 2019.