Sziget 2020

jj200

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Sziget ticket price increase on the 3rd March & daily tickets available also from then, so if we are lucky we might an announcement from Sziget too with Eminem and/or Shawn Mendes.

Logically you would imagine we will be getting Eminem in this date.

Everyone over on the Mad Cool forum is awaiting the announcement of two headliners tomorrow.

The hint is that one act ends in 'S' and the other begins with an 'R'. There's also the rumour that one of the acts is American and will be announcing a series of gigs and festivals.

So, obviously not Eminem, but the one ending in 'S' could potentially be Shawn Mendes? (Or, fingers crossed, Miley Cyrus).

Does Sziget always tease announcements or do they sometime just drop them?

Edited by swelsbyuk

11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Everyone over on the Mad Cool forum is awaiting the announcement of two headliners tomorrow.

The hint is that one act ends in 'S' and the other begins with an 'R'. There's also the rumour that one of the acts is American and will be announcing a series of gigs and festivals.

So, obviously not Eminem, but the one ending in 'S' could potentially be Shawn Mendes? Does Sziget always tease announcements or do they sometime just drop them?

Lollapalooza Paris is also announcing something tomorrow 6pm. I'm afraid you might be right about Shawn Mendes lol... Anyway, if we're lucky we might get something too tomorrow ! :D after all, only Sziget matters muahahaha :) .. give us some Placebo, Nothing But Thieves or Royal Blood lol

11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

So, obviously not Eminem, but the one ending in 'S' could potentially be Shawn Mendes? (Or, fingers crossed, Miley Cyrus).

Can’t remember them ever teasing but they are always good for a leak. Given previous comments I expect Mendes and Eminem are all but nailed on.

For Mad cool given the font size compared to line below your looking at two short names. So Strokes, Rosalie is my bet...

I can't recall them teasing any acts before an announcement. 

Normally just announce a date a few days before they add acts. 

I think it's a nail on regarding the headliners and just fingers crossed for the rest depending on your taste. 

A few other acts are being thrown about but still unsure if any will make it. 

11 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

The only announcement Sziget did not tease AFAIR is the christmas announcement of Bloc Party and Sum41. In 2016.

They will tease it

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lopenso said:

Updated Mad Cool line up. Somehow even better than sziget’s one imo (though still not full). What acts of these do you think we’ll have at sziget?

69A14B34-9CE1-444E-9B32-E090EDB4B5F7.jpeg

Well, it tells you everything that Major Lazer is 4th down, whereas at Sziget they are headlining. They managed to get a better line up for 4 days than Sziget or 7. At least IMO

• Upvote 1

Mad cool has always had better lineups than Sziget, you generally don't choose Sziget just for line ups.

Sziget is more than line ups, festivals like Mad cool/werchter are just about line ups.

That being said I don't think there is any great lineups this year, very top heavy.

Edited by thetime
  • Like 1

I mentioned a few months ago that the Mad cool Line up was very good. When we have Foals and Major Lazer near the top and they have them half way, you know they have a good line up. I hope Mumford and Sons are not coming but I would like to see Wolf Alice, London Grammer, Nothing, Sam Fender, Sea Girls, Pale Waves, Paul Weller and Tom Greenan. I think we could get one or two from them. I would also like to see Killers, Billie and Taylor but I think we have our headliners. 

Just got a e-mail that the prices go up and hope the announce something in the next few weeks as its okay line up but another few names would help

41 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

I mentioned a few months ago that the Mad cool Line up was very good. When we have Foals and Major Lazer near the top and they have them half way, you know they have a good line up. I hope Mumford and Sons are not coming but I would like to see Wolf Alice, London Grammer, Nothing, Sam Fender, Sea Girls, Pale Waves, Paul Weller and Tom Greenan. I think we could get one or two from them. I would also like to see Killers, Billie and Taylor but I think we have our headliners

Just got a e-mail that the prices go up and hope the announce something in the next few weeks as its okay line up but another few names would help

2 headliners are still missing

35 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

After the Mad Cool announcement, the Sziget line up is looking for grim reading at the moment, disappointing to say the least thus far when you step back and analyse it

I agree, Mad Cool line-up is better and I'm hoping Sziget's second announcement gives us some half decent additions like Biffy but bear in mind the locations and durations of each festival.

• Upvote 1

Having a 7 days festival is a disadvantage line-up wise.

Having a lot of non-musical activities is a disadvantage line-up wise.

Being held in August is a disadvantage line-up wise.

a few of the reasons why Sziget doesn't have the artists that Werchter and Mad Cool have... but nobody who actually goes there comes back complaining! I'm sure there will be more gems added, including Main Stage, A38, Colosseum and Europe Stage. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Having a 7 days festival is a disadvantage line-up wise.

Having a lot of non-musical activities is a disadvantage line-up wise.

Being held in August is a disadvantage line-up wise.

a few of the reasons why Sziget doesn't have the artists that Werchter and Mad Cool have... but nobody who actually goes there comes back complaining! I'm sure there will be more gems added, including Main Stage, A38, Colosseum and Europe Stage. 

Exactly. Plus id say around 80% of the madcool line up has been at sziget in the previous years

• Upvote 1