Sziget 2020

jj200

40 minutes ago, thetime said:

Who has got tickets so far? I have 9 days on the island. Like every year I have been, book a hotel and then cancel as I want to be on that island as much as possible. Our only decision to make is which upgrade campsite, edging towards Alternativa at the minute although a bit gutted bridge has disappeared.

I got mine too, for 9 days ^^ but I would NEVER book a Hotel lol, no no no camping is a Must in festivals :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rickfan said:

Eminem isnt really a hiphop artist, more rap kinda like which are two different genres.

Travis scott? Young thug? I thought those names where routing this summer...

20200225_221825.jpg

First off, I wouldnt make a difference in calling Eminem either a Rap or a Hip Hop Artist. Second, I cant believe you really think someone working in Social Media for a Festival would note that difference when replying.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Rickfan said:

Eminem isnt really a hiphop artist, more rap kinda like which are two different genres.

Travis scott? Young thug? I thought those names where routing this summer...

20200225_221825.jpg

Actually you asked for “announcements” not headliners, so it cannot be taken as a sufficient evidence itself of eminem presence cos they could be talking of the other smaller acts

4 hours ago, SFTAR said:

He didnt announce earlier back then cause he was in talks for British Summer Time but the royal parks banned him, so they set up Wembley last minute. 

Oh absolutely, I get that 100%. I knew the plans for Hyde Park fell through, I remember his ‘Never Hyde’ tease. I just meant that plans fell through for that and something got drafted in last minute. If he’s announcing a few dates and something isn’t quite ready just yet then it’ll mean Sziget getting help back too if he wants to announce dates all together. Just me theorising, but it can happen. 

8 hours ago, misterplow said:

I wouldn't put that band very high on the lineup nowadays;

I think they are a subheadliner or nothing tbh. And I can't see a gap for them, every day seems to have a sub, unless Mark Ronson is in the A38, or Foster the People?

i can only go for certain Sunday to Tuesday, but I'd really love to try and be there for Stormzy and Calvin, is there any harm buying a five day ticket if you can't make it to the first one? It's no more expensive than messing around with day tickets, 

9 minutes ago, SFTAR said:

I sent a message to Sziget and was told it's by far not the full Lineup yet: "There will be many more artists announced."

Of course it is not, we have many gaps to fill.

Making a quick count, more or less: 

- 2 Headliners

- Up to 2 Sub-Headliners

- Around 5-6 more Main Stage spots

- Around 6-8 more A38 evening spots

- Around 8-10 more A38 late night spots

- Half of the Colosseum and Party Arena

We are far from done, but taking a closer look, it is easy to understand that they gave a huge shape to the lineup this year, like it or not. I expect no more than 5-6 reasonable big names to come and the rest will be undercards and (hopefully) quality small names 

2 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Of course it is not, we have many gaps to fill.

Making a quick count, more or less: 

- 2 Headliners

- Up to 2 Sub-Headliners

- Around 5-6 more Main Stage spots

- Around 6-8 more A38 evening spots

- Around 8-10 more A38 late night spots

- Half of the Colosseum and Party Arena

We are far from done, but taking a closer look, it is easy to understand that they gave a huge shape to the lineup this year, like it or not. I expect no more than 5-6 reasonable big names to come and the rest will be undercards and (hopefully) quality small names 

I know that there are still Headliners and Subs missing. I posted that cause it sounded like they will add another huge number of acts. I didn't even ask for that but that's the reply I got.

38 minutes ago, SFTAR said:

I know that there are still Headliners and Subs missing. I posted that cause it sounded like they will add another huge number of acts. I didn't even ask for that but that's the reply I got.

That makes me think that we won't get both headliners in the next announcement. Maybe it's going to be Shawn Mendes + the other acts & a separate announcement for Eminem at some point.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

24 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

That makes me think that we won't get both headliners in the next announcement. Maybe it's going to be Shawn Mendes + the other acts & a separate announcement for Eminem at some point.

They really could do that but I hope not. If Eminem is going to Sziget I am counting on more and I finally want to know where and when to plan my vacations for this summer.

8 minutes ago, lopenso said:

Just cos TDCC subhead in 2020 sounds a bit out of time. Doesn’t make sziget “on the spot”.

But you know, tastes are tastes.

Last time when TDCC were at Sziget, they played exactly same subheadliner spot.

I think both of the TDCC and Foster the People would be subheadliners.

Yeah, the choice is little bit outdated, but anyway it could be MUCH worse than that.

TDCC are a weird one, they haven't been a huge single or album seller since.. their debut right? Ten years ago. Yet we still see them at the top or towards the top of festival bills. I just don't think they'd have been downgraded since last time... here in the U.K. I think I'm right in saying this last album cycle was the first time they've upgraded to arena performances, certainly I think they didn't do the o2 on the previous tours but did this time. 

Theyve always been a touring act and done quite well on festival bills, maybe I'm wrong but I think they've at least sustained the status of the last time they played. 

33 minutes ago, lopenso said:

Btw i really hope Nothing But Thieves have been booked for this year. What are the chances in you opinion? Know their name was floating around.

i’d also love to see placebo but i think their chance is close to zero.

I reckon they’d have been announced already. That said it does seem to fit their schedule so I guess it’s a possibility.