Sziget 2020

jj200

37 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Could one of the remaining headliners have dropped out.

Why is everyone suggesting that a headliner has dropped out? They are supposedly holding Eminem back because he wants to announce the festival with the rest of his world tour, and Shawn Mendes will probably be added later on to boost sales once day tickets have gone on sales as he's very popular.

Just because there's 2 headliners still to announce doesn't mean anyone has dropped out. And if someone has dropped out(Eminem/Shawn), I'm sure chunky chips or sziget leaks will inform us that the headliners are different to what we are expecting.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Why is everyone suggesting that a headliner has dropped out? They are supposedly holding Eminem back because he wants to announce the festival with the rest of his world tour, and Shawn Mendes will probably be added later on to boost sales once day tickets have gone on sales as he's very popular.

Just because there's 2 headliners still to announce doesn't mean anyone has dropped out. And if someone has dropped out(Eminem/Shawn), I'm sure chunky chips or sziget leaks will inform us that the headliners are different to what we are expecting.

Eminem doesnt even do World Tours anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

@Sziget2020_Leaks said that we "might have to wait for Eminem a bit longer". Don't know how much that means.

Anyway, in about 10 minutes the first Eminem in-person interview since the new album will premiere on YouTube. I don't know if we should expect him teasing a tour or something, but here's the video. 

I know about the Interview and have been looking forward to it since it was announced. As expected there wasnt anything about a Tour. 

Just now, opel said:

He did a string of EU shows in 2018, including festivals. I’m betting on the same thing here.

But let’s just wait, we got a lot already. 

I know, I attended. But a World Tour is a whole different thing and he hasnt done it forever. 

14 minutes ago, SFTAR said:

Eminem doesnt even do World Tours anymore.

Well we know from the leakers that Eminem is holding back the announcement for whatever reason. I have no doubt that he’s still coming until told otherwise.

Just to put into perspective though I don’t like his music and would much rather have the money spent on another headliner (someone like lorde but she’s not touring 🥺), but I trust the leakers as they have been reliable in the past so I won’t doubt what’s been said unless proven otherwise

Edited by FestivalJamie

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Well we know from the leakers that Eminem is holding back the announcement for whatever reason. I have no doubt that he’s still coming until told otherwise

I hope the leakers are right, I just dont got a good feeling about it. 

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

He's been confirmed by 2 reliable sources, and they haven't said that anything has fallen through, so as far as I'm concerned he's still on it.

I dont think the leakers have been active at all. Also we dont know how they obtained the info, maybe they arent involved anymore. 

2 minutes ago, SFTAR said:

I dont think the leakers have been active at all. Also we dont know how they obtained the info, maybe they arent involved anymore. 

Chunkychips confirmed Eminem a couple of weeks back, he was extremely reliable with Sziget details last year which was my first time visiting so that would make it seem like he is getting his information from a reliable source, hence I will trust what I hear again this year.

Edited by FestivalJamie

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Chunkychips confirmed Eminem a couple of weeks back, he was extremely reliable with Sziget details last year which was my first time visiting so that would make it seem like he is getting his information from a reliable source, hence I will trust what I hear again this year.

He could only be involved in the early Phase. I still hope its true.

Chunky chips and Leaks confirmed Eminem, and both seem very reliable and possibly the same person 😊. One of them did not predict Dua Lipa and said about the age thing for the Female act and were out. So maybe they will be wrong out.  Personally, I don’t care that much for both him and Shawn so hopefully they will get this one wrong but going on the rest have been close I think we are set for Shawn and Eminem.  

I am with someone who said the cash is better spent on other acts, but Eminem and Shawn will pull a big crowd.

If they are not doing day tickets will they be doing 2-day tickets? I have a 7-day pass but looking for me pals.

Are we expecting an announcement next week before a price increase or after it? Just wanting to see all the acts and the split. Hopefully all the acts will be announced next week.

37 minutes ago, chunkychips127 said:

👀

Perfect timing, with the prices going up in 9 days have you just come back to hand us some good news.  Any shock changes, new acts or clues to tease us. 

Tell me Liam/London Grammer or Biffy? You said TDCC and the two headliners is this still the same?

49 minutes ago, activean said:

White Lies posted yesterday " festival announcements this week stay tuned ", first festival announced is in Romania in the middle of August, this could be potential for Sziget .. 

This would add to the list of names we are lacking: 

Eminem - Shawn Mendes - Empire of the Sun - The Neighbourhood - Metronomy - White Lies 

3 hours ago, Akujin sama said:

My guess is announcement of the announcement on Wednesday and then actual announcement on Thursday. 

It would seem crazy to increase the prices of 3-5 days passes without even knowing who plays which day.

Has that happen before?

It definitely has to be this week. I think it's extremely unlikely they would increase the prices of the 3 day and 5 day passes if we don't know which headliners are playing on which day.

47 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

This would add to the list of names we are lacking: 

Eminem - Shawn Mendes - Empire of the Sun - The Neighbourhood - Metronomy - White Lies 

Add Two door cinema club to that list as well.

Maybe Bombay bicycle club and London Grammar are possible names too?

44 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

It definitely has to be this week. I think it's extremely unlikely they would increase the prices of the 3 day and 5 day passes if we don't know which headliners are playing on which day.

Add Two door cinema club to that list as well.

Maybe Bombay bicycle club and London Grammar are possible names too?

Indeed, 2DCC

Do you think we might see a few more female names? The line up is already VERY male dominant at the top end and the new suggestions with exception London Grammar are too.

i do appreciate the difficulty of a 50/50 festival but it feels a long way off at the moment. I'd certainly appreciate a few more female fronted acts personally. 

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Do you think we might see a few more female names? The line up is already VERY male dominant at the top end and the new suggestions with exception London Grammar are too.

i do appreciate the difficulty of a 50/50 festival but it feels a long way off at the moment. I'd certainly appreciate a few more female fronted acts personally. 

I never got this. Obviously they will book whoever makes most business sense. I can’t imagine making good decisions based on what’s between the singer’s leg.

I doubt they went this year: you know what, let’s book less females, they suck! Most likely they had less available that makes business sense to book. 

• Upvote 2

Which is why I say I understand the difficulty and if there isn't that many available, you can't book them. but I guarantee there are some who are free who would draw crowds. 

honestly the way you put your argument kind of reads to me a bit as 'we don't want to or can't be bothered to fix the problem'. Fact, it's easier/there is more opportunity to be a man in music and these hugely male heavy line ups send completely the wrong message to young girls and exacerbate the problem more.

there should be an effort to address the issue even if it means making decisions that are slightly at odds with how they'd usually book a festival, without having resort to people who aren't good enough to be there for the sake of it. 

• Upvote 3