Sziget 2020

jj200

Looks like Limp Bizkit will play a festival in Switzerland, so I think we have a chance to see them as subheadliners again as they did in 2015. And of course there are more interesting names around for the undercard.

12 minutes ago, DDave said:

Some more options, Maximo Park out of that list please Pukkelpop. 

FB_IMG_1582096170281.jpg

Wow. Limp Bizkit?!? No offence to your taste guys but that would be a horrific booking in my eyes. 

Nu-metal was in vogue for a few weeks in 2000 but twenty years on I thought most people viewed it as a bit of a joke?

As I say, no offence to your tastes but, in my eyes, booking them wouldn't show Sziget in a particularly progressive light.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Wow. Limp Bizkit?!? No offence to your taste guys but that would be a horrific booking in my eyes.

Call it guilty pleasure or whatever, but I find them way better than KoL live. :) 

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Nu-metal was in vogue for a few weeks in 2000 but twenty years on I thought most people viewed it as a bit of a joke?

As I say, no offence to your tastes but, in my eyes, booking them wouldn't show Sziget in a particularly progressive light.

You should probably give Nu-metal a google, because it definitely isn't a joke - or out of fashion, if that is what you're implying.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Guilty pleasures can't be shamed. Teenage-angst/rage dream can't be avoided.

Plus, from that wave of music, I'd take Korn anyday over most of the so-called rock bands touring right now (yeah, KoL included). Bizkit, as well: although I hate them for the personality, 3 out of 6 LPs of them are huge (they aged fairly poorly, tho) and they have some killer tracks that I'd love to mosh to, even if you can see Fred Durst's self-hate from the last row of the crowd

• Upvote 1

I remember massive moshpits during Limp Bizkit in 2015. I think I have never seen crazier crowd at Sziget than that evening had, absolutely mental that was. I think Fred at one point even asked people to stay safe and take care of each other. Good times - would join those pits again and that's the only reason I'd love to have Bizkit back again. Might not be a progressive booking but great fun. But sadly most of headliners this year are not really progressive booking.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Tripco said:

Because ticket increase is almost here. If not tomorrow, definitely next week

Definitely agree with you that we’re almost there.

48 minutes ago, Tripco said:

I hope second announcement is coming tomorrow, if theyll publish something today. Or next tuesday

But I was asking, why do you predict exactly on thursday or tuesday? Do you think there are more chances on these days rather than on, just saying, friday or monday?

Edited by lopenso

20 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

I remember massive moshpits during Limp Bizkit in 2015. I think I have never seen crazier crowd at Sziget than that evening had, absolutely mental that was. I think Fred at one point even asked people to stay safe and take care of each other. Good times - would join those pits again and that's the only reason I'd love to have Bizkit back again. Might not be a progressive booking but great fun. But sadly most of headliners this year are not really progressive booking.

Cough cough Woodstock 99 cough 

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Call it guilty pleasure or whatever, but I find them way better than KoL live. :) 

Never saw LimpBizkit live but KOL @ Lollapalooza Berlin 2019 were an utter dissapointment. So were the Arctic Monkeys @ Southside Festival 2018. They both were like someone hit the play on a recorder. There was no interaction with the crowd! I guess they were the most disappointing headliners I've ever seen :D

Budapest Park announced Nick Mason's Saurceful of Secrets, LP and Marcus Miller, so they won't play Sziget.

18 minutes ago, szitizen said:

Never saw LimpBizkit live but KOL @ Lollapalooza Berlin 2019 were an utter dissapointment. So were the Arctic Monkeys @ Southside Festival 2018. They both were like someone hit the play on a recorder. There was no interaction with the crowd! I guess they were the most disappointing headliners I've ever seen :D

I saw both KoL and Limp Bizkit at Sziget 2015 and the crowd is really awesome at LB gigs. Last year I saw Bizkit again at Electric Castle festival in Romania and they were still really enjoyable live. :D

Edited by #1SzigetFan

4 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:
4 hours ago, DDave said:

FB_IMG_1582096170281.jpg

Sum 41 would be great, but they are already doing something else in Hungary a bit l

ater...

So I would definitely pick "I PREVAIL", a really great and young band. Also, "Nothing but Thieves" appeared several times on this forum, so why not... and "Hollow Coves" sounds really Szigettable to me. Even if it's not my jam ^^

5 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Looks like Limp Bizkit will play a festival in Switzerland, so I think we have a chance to see them as subheadliners again as they did in 2015. And of course there are more interesting names around for the undercard.

I don't know many of those named on the poster but would welcome NBT and Maximo Park.

We're not going to see Macklemore again are we? Has he got a summer house in Budapest or something?

Just now, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

And Bastille's weak-ass singer, who bought it from Brian Molko, I believe

Well, I'm a massive Placebo fan since I was 13, so I did not mind at all that they were such a frequent visitors to Hungary, but I did mind the decreasing quality of their performance. I hope they recharged their batteries in the last 2 years and they'll be back doing great shows like they did before.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1