Sziget 2020

jj200

10 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Remember that chunky chips has also confirmed Eminem... and all of his leaks this year and last year have been 100% correct. We also haven’t had a rap headliner announced yet, so Eminem fits in perfectly for the bill.

It does make a lot of sense. I am actually too much looking forward to it,  as I was for MCR to Mad Cool, so I just want to cool it down a little, because you never know and I don't think I would survive the trauma if they call some Post Malone in his place for any reason

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Remember that chunky chips has also confirmed Eminem... and all of his leaks this year and last year have been 100% correct. We also haven’t had a rap headliner announced yet, so Eminem fits in perfectly for the bill.

I do believe that Eminem was supposed to be a headliner but maybe he dropped out.

I’ve got a question for the more experienced sziget-goers. I’m a first timer and I want to arrive at the camping without a moving in ticket (team cheap), if I’ll be there first thing in the morning when the camping opens, will I have a good chance of finding a place in the shadow? I don’t have a camping upgrade (team cheap again).

Just now, ula99 said:

when do yall think we are getting day tickets or at least days on which artists will perform?

I think that will be around the beginning of March, since the ticket prizes rise on the 3rd.

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I was thinking of her more as a sub tbh. But I'd also happily take her over Shawn. Would definitely not take her over Eminem!

Yeah I'm 99% sure that if she was booked, it would be as a headliner rather than a sub. If Major Laser/Shawn are headliners then she most likely would be too. So I doubt she is coming. 

--

Regarding Eminem, someone else was right when they mentioned the whole 17th Feb theory based on the image in his album booklet. Sziget has been essentally confirmed by multiple sources, and then the Eminem community run with the 17/2 date as the time he would announce a full tour. I am sure we are still getting Eminem, and if I remember correctly, it will still be announced in Feb (one of the leakers mentioned this before I believe)

4 minutes ago, BasD said:

I’ve got a question for the more experienced sziget-goers. I’m a first timer and I want to arrive at the camping without a moving in ticket (team cheap), if I’ll be there first thing in the morning when the camping opens, will I have a good chance of finding a place in the shadow? I don’t have a camping upgrade (team cheap again).

Yeah you should be completely fine. I've done this for the past 4 years and always found a good shady spot. Just don't expect to find a spot for a 10 man tent + canopy lol.

Edited by Tinsel19
added quote

3 minutes ago, BasD said:

I think that will be around the beginning of March, since the ticket prizes rise on the 3rd.

One of the leakers said that the day splits will be announced in Feb. Not sure if they meant that they are going to leak them in Feb, or if Sziget will officially announce them.

It seems a bit odd that Sziget would announce day splits AND also announce Eminem before the next price hike in March.... Surely it makes more business sense to not announce day splits until the 5/7 day passes have had a chance to sell well on the back of the giant 80+ act announcement? If they announce someone like Eminem, then people are going to want to make sure they don't miss it, and buy a week pass theoretically.

15 minutes ago, Tinsel19 said:

Regarding Eminem, someone else was right when they mentioned the whole 17th Feb theory based on the image in his album booklet. Sziget has been essentally confirmed by multiple sources, and then the Eminem community run with the 17/2 date as the time he would announce a full tour. I am sure we are still getting Eminem, and if I remember correctly, it will still be announced in Feb (one of the leakers mentioned this before I believe)

An Eminem fan on Twitter asked Sziget about next announcements and they told that guy that the next artists will be announced in few weeks.

10 minutes ago, BasD said:

Yeah, safe. You don't need the camping upgrade to have a perfect spot to chill. They changed the distribution on the site this year, so it is hard to make a prediction on the best spot, but I'll give you my two cents, since I've been to Sziget 6 times already.

I honestly prefer the spot between Party arena and Main stage - sure I assume you gonna party the night off, so you will just collapse by dawn and wake up around 11 due to the Main Stage sound check and chill after lunch. It might seem a little bit harsh but:

1) you really will collapse at 6 and you won't care about the bass or the noise anywhere because you are too tired;

2) I have fond memories of 2018 when I woke up to Damon Albarn soundchecking for Gorillaz;

3) There is not really much to do for what concerns music, except for the Lightstage, until 4 PM, so you can really invest that time in recovering and re-hydrate anyway, or chilling out somewhere cool

If you want a more chill-out experience, it might be wise to sleep on the southern end of the island (in previous years it was dedicated to Alternativa Camping and Apero Camping, but now I believe it will be free camping): not much shade, so you will have to scout a bit, but it is away from anything so it can be a good call. Downside: there is literally nothing down there, and by nothing I mean nothing; you are miles from the beach - where any good after usually ends, so by 6 am you will have to walk ages to go back to your tent.

Another under appreciated site where to camp can be the west side of the island, as close to the coast as they will let you: nobody goes there so you won't have any problem (not that I ever had problems anywhere at Sziget), should be a little bit chilled but close to the area. That is an halfway solution between the two proposed.

Having a camping upgrade is a nice to have: it won't improve your experience by tons and lately its price increased in an unreasonable way, so in 2018 I stopped going to Alternativa and, guess what, experience-wise it was even better: I got to know more foreigners (as Alternativa is packed with Italian/Dutch goers), had to live the island even more, blabla.

Of course Alternativa means more comfort, and this year also a reasonable spot on the island, but it is not really worth 100+ €, since they won't give you any real benefit, except for a less populated area and some more bathrooms

. The VIP Camping is a total ripoff, as the pool is the only thing worth it, unless you are a spoiled ass who needs a real bedroom in a camping festival.

17 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Anyone know if they are doing the CityPass this year? Can see no mention so far! 

Should be there, it will likely be announced later. Budapest relies a lot on Sziget's goers, so it is hard to imagine they give up on the thing.

17 minutes ago, Tinsel19 said:

One of the leakers said that the day splits will be announced in Feb. Not sure if they meant that they are going to leak them in Feb, or if Sziget will officially announce them.

It seems a bit odd that Sziget would announce day splits AND also announce Eminem before the next price hike in March.... Surely it makes more business sense to not announce day splits until the 5/7 day passes have had a chance to sell well on the back of the giant 80+ act announcement? If they announce someone like Eminem, then people are going to want to make sure they don't miss it, and buy a week pass theoretically.

I think they will release Eminem and Shawn Mendes (don't know if in distinct announcements or if in a single) and the day split before the end of the month, and then start the selling of the day tickets before march.

Day tickets and 3-days are a consistent slice of their revenues so they won't be able to wait long as they did in the previous years when the options were 5-days or 7-days. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, patricijaaaa said:

Hello, this year I’m going to sziget for the first time. 
Any chance to see Liam Payne, Little Mix or 5SOS(even though 5sos performs in Budapest in june) ?

thank you for your answers :) 

There was no need to down-vote her, she just kindly asked. 

That is what youngster are listening nowadays, i have feeling Sziget is targeting for young partying people more and more, it's a matter of a couple of years since this stuff comes to Sziget. I mean we though Katy Perry will headline, almost same sh*t is you ask me  .. 

I'm afraid those days with QOTSA headlining this festival are gone 🙄

8 minutes ago, SFTAR said:

Sent the guy a mesage. He wrote them on Facebook and got the reply this morning.

SF.jpg.6b1c4cb19b2b3e00e54c58c8c2cdfbe6.jpg

Hmm... even if the guy is telling the truth, I don't know why Sziget would spoil a separate headliner announcement. As far as we know from @Sziget2020_Leaks there will be 1 more announcement this month (I think Eminem only) and 1 more headliner + other acts at the beginning of March (Shawn Mendes + the rest), so their answer might be related to March, when we'll have more artists.

However I also remember that the leaker said few posts before that maybe we'll have to wait a bit more for Eminem. I don't know what "a bit more" really means, as initially he said it's going to be "17 Feb +/- 2-3 days". :D

22 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Hmm... even if the guy is telling the truth, I don't know why Sziget would spoil a separate headliner announcement. As far as we know from @Sziget2020_Leaks there will be 1 more announcement this month (I think Eminem only) and 1 more headliner + other acts at the beginning of March (Shawn Mendes + the rest), so their answer might be related to March, when we'll have more artists.

However I also remember that the leaker said few posts before that maybe we'll have to wait a bit more for Eminem. I don't know what "a bit more" really means, as initially he said it's going to be "17 Feb +/- 2-3 days". :D

I don't know how many annoucements are left to come. Just going by the screenshot if it's real all it says that it's a few weeks before the next annoucement. Could be the last one or more to follow. Also doesn't say anything if it will be one or more artists.

5 minutes ago, G4 DVS said:

First time this year for us, what was “CityPass”?

It's a bracelet that allows you travelling by any type of public passport as many times as you want + 1 time free entry & other discounts for SPAs, museums etc. However if you are interested only in the public passport, then you can buy tickets from BKK. You can find more travel guide details info about Budapest in this travel guide.

Edited by #1SzigetFan