Sziget 2020

jj200

Hello to everyone!

Apart from Eminem and Shawn Mendes as headliners, Empire of the Sun and Two Door Cinema Club do we know some other acts confirmed by @Sziget2020_Leaks who have not been announced yet? Such as London Grammar, Liam Gallagher etc.

And could somebody tell me if The Neighbourhood is really thing this year at Sziget?

Thank you in advance!🙃

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Do you think that the Eminem announcement comes tomorrow? I don't believe that we'll get him tomorrow without any "teasing" by Sziget on social media, but who knows? Maybe the teasing post will arrive on Monday though and the announcement on Tuesday / Thursday...

Well if you look he is hyping up his "brand" as in the name of Eminem trough multiple platforms, most important being his suprise act at the Grammy's which is useful to get some hype around him. I think this works perfectly. I am not sure if the announcement is coming tomorrow but there are multiple signs it is atleast upcoming week!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boldi7 said:

Hello to everyone!

Apart from Eminem and Shawn Mendes as headliners, Empire of the Sun and Two Door Cinema Club do we know some other acts confirmed by @Sziget2020_Leaks who have not been announced yet? Such as London Grammar, Liam Gallagher etc.

And could somebody tell me if The Neighbourhood is really thing this year at Sziget?

Thank you in advance!🙃

Those are all ones we know so far, maybe add Metronomy and Nothing But Thieves. Given that on A38 and MS no more than 15-18 names are left, I'd say we know enough... don't get it all spoiled.

Also, no London Grammar or Liam Gallagher so far, AFAIR

Eminem may have something that he announces his tour first before anyone else. 

Only 2 weeks today until march and we go into overdrive. 

I think we all have the headlines with Shawn looking like he will be added. 

I would prefer the killers/Kasabian but it's looking like Shawn. I think we are just looking for subs now. 

TDCC and London grammar have been talked about and look good. 

Still another few names from Biffy, Robyn,snow patrol,Sam fender, tones and I , blossom, waves, Dave or aj tracy, Liam, weller  loads more possible but I think we will only get 3/4 decent subs to be added. 

Edited by Davidoff

Will Anything Happen Tomorrow? (2/17)

The Music To Be Murdered By era has already been filled with surprises including an Oscars performance of “Lose Yourself” So can we expect any more random things?

The album booklet had a picture of Eminem suited and booted with a movie clapper board stating a date of 2/17 (17 February) which is of course tomorrow.

Rumours with fellow fans online seem to think now that “Rap God” has hit 1 Billion views on YouTube we could have potentially unlocked a “Godzilla” Music Video. Others have stated Premonition (Intro) (Audio) has been removed from YouTube which could lead to an official MV for that.

One other very very unlikely surprise could be an Appearance at The 2020 Brit Awards which kicks off on Tuesday evening in London. Em isn’t up for any awards but with MTBMB and Godzilla both hitting #1 in the U.K. charts you can’t totally rule it out.

The promo has been random and this wouldn’t be the most ridiculous rumour out there just now.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

By

Danny McFarlane

-

1 hour ago, everest said:

I saw them on nova rock, I expected nothing and they gave us nothing. After rhcp, probably worst "big" live band I've seen. I really like Matt Skiba, but he simply doesn't fit in Blink 182...

They must of been bad if they are nearly as bad as RHCP. 

30 years gigging and festivals the 3 worst/most disappointing has been RHCP, stone roses and Eminem.

7 hours ago, Zolee said:

Will Anything Happen Tomorrow? (2/17)

The Music To Be Murdered By era has already been filled with surprises including an Oscars performance of “Lose Yourself” So can we expect any more random things?

The album booklet had a picture of Eminem suited and booted with a movie clapper board stating a date of 2/17 (17 February) which is of course tomorrow.

Rumours with fellow fans online seem to think now that “Rap God” has hit 1 Billion views on YouTube we could have potentially unlocked a “Godzilla” Music Video. Others have stated Premonition (Intro) (Audio) has been removed from YouTube which could lead to an official MV for that.

One other very very unlikely surprise could be an Appearance at The 2020 Brit Awards which kicks off on Tuesday evening in London. Em isn’t up for any awards but with MTBMB and Godzilla both hitting #1 in the U.K. charts you can’t totally rule it out.

The promo has been random and this wouldn’t be the most ridiculous rumour out there just now.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

By

Danny McFarlane

-

Hmm, looks like 2/17 means a Godzilla music video and not tour announcement. 🤔 We willl still have to wait for it.

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Hmm, looks like 2/17 means a Godzilla music video and not tour announcement. 🤔 We willl still have to wait for it.

The date didn’t mean anything. It doesn’t make sense to have to stick to a date for something you put in album art. I doubt Godzilla will drop today either, just some point soon.

23 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Eminem - ASAP Rocky

Kings of Leon (+) - Foals (+)

Dua Lipa - Mark Ronson

Calvin Harris (+) - [Two Door Cinema Club]

The Strokes - Lewis Capaldi

Shawn Mendes (+) - Khalid (+)

Major Lazer (+) - Stormzy

(With + the dates confirmed)

may sound foolish, but how can Shawn Mendes date be confirmed without actual Shawn Mendes announcement?

7 minutes ago, aaalive said:

yeah but I thought "confirmed" usually means sopmething official

I mean, yeah, you are right. Don't want to get too much into semantics, but I thought it was quite obvious that - since we are lacking the announcement of the artist itself, the dates on which he would eventually be "confirmed" are provided all by insiders, so not officially set in stone, but yet very reliable.

All the guesswork we are doing here, all the "put the puzzle's pieces together", is not only for we have some weird-ass fetish about knowing stuff before press release, but also because people, after months of leakers coming out with repeated thorough leak news, still going with "aNd WhAt aBoUt RaTm" - which is okay, I mean, you do what you wanna do on a public forum, but it brings 0 to the conversation, especially coming from people that creates the account solely for that post and than go back to lurking.

Providing some recap may help somebody having his/hers mind clearer, and also may avoid them from asking for legit information that, yet, have been asked like 30 times before (again: legititmately, as nobody forces anybody to go and read 99 pages of posts before writing anything).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Tried to do some research about day schedule. Dates in brackets are confirmed by insiders, other ones confirmed by artists.
Didn't add anything to the August, 5 as it's unclear if artists really play that date or they just put it on their sites as the first festival day.

06.08 [Kings of Leon], [Foals], Daughter, Kensington 
07.08 Jon Hopkins, Ezra Collective
08.08 [Calvin Harris], Glass Animals, 
09.08 blackbear, Keane, Miles Kane
10.08 [Shawn Mendes], Khalid, Bikini Kill, Bakermat
11.08 [Major Lazer]

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Tried to do some research about day schedule. Dates in brackets are confirmed by insiders, other ones confirmed by artists.
Didn't add anything to the August, 5 as it's unclear if artists really play that date or they just put it on their sites as the first festival day.

11.08 [Major Lazer]

This sounds like hell for me. Literally any of the names I wanna see are is on the wrong part of the festivals... Gotta revise my vacations plan. Awful.

13 minutes ago, lopenso said:

Taken into account all the info we got, if i’ve done my math well then dua should play on 5th or 7th

AFAWK, we have Dua Lipa, Eminem and The Strokes vacant for those dates: 5th, 7th, 9th of August

59 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

11.08 [Major Lazer]

Thanks for checking!

Looking like a 5 day pass from 5-9 for me. Hopefully not too many acts get added to the final 2 days.

==

The Strokes 

Eminem 

Foals

Kaytranada 

Jon Hopkins 

Of Monsters and Men 

Little Simz

Dixon 

Seasick Steve 

Tourist 

==

If these fit within a 5 day ticket I will be over the moon.