Sziget 2020

jj200

Realise that this is a 'finger in the air' kind of question, but how many more acts do we think we are likely to get for the main stage and A38?

I've got a couple of friends who are tempted to come along but the line-up isn't quite what they were hoping for at the moment.

I know two headliners are to come but any more subs etc? Surely Foster the People aren't at sub level, are they?

Edited by swelsbyuk

I don't think they're a sub-level act either but I'd have said the same for Jain.

I suspect we are are five or six short for main stage and a dozen short for A38.

But could be completely wrong! I hope we get a couple more decent guitar bands.

Also, I watched Major Lazer on You Tube last night. Now, maybe I'm old but I thought they were absolutely awful. It'll be a night out in Budapest on that day!

15 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Realise that this is a 'finger in the air' kind of question, but how many more acts do we think we are likely to get for the main stage and A38?

I've got a couple of friends who are tempted to come along but the line-up isn't quite what they were hoping for at the moment.

I know two headliners are to come but any more subs etc? Surely Foster the People aren't at sub level, are they?

You usually get about 80 acts play on the main/a38 combined, so best work out whi been announced got the bacardi arena.

Not to many more to be announced.

20-30% still to be announced. Leaks and chips seemed close with there leaks so I think emenien and Shawn seem good for headliners. In saying that one never got Dua Lipa. So who knows, I would rather someone else rather than them but I think they would sale tickets and emenien appeals to a larger rap fan base than anyone else. 

TDCC, London Grammar should be announced as well based on this feed. I don't think we will get much more and it seems a good mix.  Still maybe trying to get a big female act that they missed out on?

I just wished we got, liam kasabian, guns and roses or a big rock act and Robyn but that would blow the budget and just my personal wish. 

I've been trying to give the line-up a listen over the past couple of days. My current 'watch list' runs to 23, which I'm quite happy with.

There were 28 on the list last year so, with the addition of a couple more headliners and a few more on the undercard I'm pretty happy. Any great acts announced that I'm missing?

Will definitely watch

Foals

Fever 333

Dua Lipa

FKA Twigs

Of Monsters and Men

Amyl and the sniffers

Calvin Harris

Mark Ronson

Black Honey

The Strokes

Will watch as long as no clash with acts above

Stormzy
Kings of Leon
Khalid
Lewis Capaldi
Foster the People
Sigrid
Keane
Glass Animals
Mabel
Tom Walker
Seasick Steve
Alice Merton
Jade Bird

6 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I've been trying to give the line-up a listen over the past couple of days. My current 'watch list' runs to 23, which I'm quite happy with.

There were 28 on the list last year so, with the addition of a couple more headliners and a few more on the undercard I'm pretty happy. Any great acts announced that I'm missing?

Will definitely watch

Foals

Fever 333

Dua Lipa

FKA Twigs

Of Monsters and Men

Amyl and the sniffers

Calvin Harris

Mark Ronson

Black Honey

The Strokes

Stormzy
Kings of Leon
Khalid
Lewis Capaldi
Foster the People
Sigrid
Keane
Glass Animals
Mabel
Tom Walker
Seasick Steve
Alice Merton
Jade Bird

Id give a try to Caribou,Kaytranada,Slowthai and Rilés 

11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Will definitely watch

Foals

Fever 333

Dua Lipa

FKA Twigs

Of Monsters and Men

Amyl and the sniffers

Calvin Harris

Mark Ronson

Black Honey

The Strokes

Stormzy
Kings of Leon
Khalid
Lewis Capaldi
Foster the People
Sigrid
Keane
Glass Animals
Mabel
Tom Walker
Seasick Steve
Alice Merton
Jade Bird

Daughter, there first album is amazing.

13 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Will definitely watch

Foals

Fever 333

Dua Lipa

FKA Twigs

Of Monsters and Men

Amyl and the sniffers

Calvin Harris

Mark Ronson

Black Honey

The Strokes

Stormzy
Kings of Leon
Khalid
Lewis Capaldi
Foster the People
Sigrid
Keane
Glass Animals
Mabel
Tom Walker
Seasick Steve
Alice Merton
Jade Bird

Miles Kane? His last show at Sziget was pretty amazing. For me that was the best one of the week.

18 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Will definitely watch

Foals

Fever 333

Dua Lipa

FKA Twigs

Of Monsters and Men

Amyl and the sniffers

Calvin Harris

Mark Ronson

Black Honey

The Strokes

Stormzy
Kings of Leon
Khalid
Lewis Capaldi
Foster the People
Sigrid
Keane
Glass Animals
Mabel
Tom Walker
Seasick Steve
Alice Merton
Jade Bird

Kensington, they released a new album recently and last shows at Sziget were pretty cool (whole shows can be seen on Youtube)