Sziget 2020

jj200

5 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

You're right and wrong at the same time. More or less every festival line up "leaks", every year. From what I can see only 2 other people on here have an idea of this line up. So its not many people. I can take a guess on how each person knows, by the way they are "leaking" 

Gone are the days of strict embargoes. It creates a hype for the festival. A lot of festivals can't announce before January because of contracts and agreements in place with agents, other than that its when the festival wants to announce based on their marketing approach. 

Do they outsource the website design and general marketing? Seems one guy works in a capacity like that. Chunky chips seems to work for the festival as his leaks seem a bit more controlled.

7 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

You're right and wrong at the same time. More or less every festival line up "leaks", every year. From what I can see only 2 other people on here have an idea of this line up. So its not many people. I can take a guess on how each person knows, by the way they are "leaking" 

Gone are the days of strict embargoes. It creates a hype for the festival. A lot of festivals can't announce before January because of contracts and agreements in place with agents, other than that its when the festival wants to announce based on their marketing approach. 

Yep, I thought that "authorized" leaking is starting to be a thing.

Do you confirm the announcement today 6 pm gmt+1? Or am I totally wrong?

7 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

You've already been quite candid about how you know. We are very close to the announcement now so I don't want names but, out of interest, are there many well known names on the line-up which have yet to be leaked?

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

You've already been quite candid about how you know. We are very close to the announcement now so I don't want names but, out of interest, are there many well known names on the line-up which have yet to be leaked?

If you notice I haven't said one band/acts name. I haven't leaked a thing, people are using what I'm saying and running with it. Whether they're right or not we'll have to see in the next few hours. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, activean said:

I have no idea how can so many people have insider news, isn't stuff like that protected under some contracts as confidential information ? Someone could easily get fired and fined because of this. 

Unless they want people to talk about it, this thread has 160k view, that is free marketing in a way :)

In 2014 I was having a beer with a dude who worked for some tourist company in Belgrade and he told me Sziget lineup announcement like 2 weeks in advance. He didn't have any connection with a festival except that he worked with some Hungarian people that worked in their tourist agencies or something and he didn't act like it was some secret info. We were basically talking/hoping those guys would come to Serbia :D It had QOTSA, Stromae, Placebo, Calvin Harris and something else which I forgot.

All festivals tightened their lineup info in the past years (based on the amount of leaks) but with Sziget and a shitton of people in different countries they work with I guess it's not that easy to hide everything

Just now, lukatej said:

I panicked and shouted loud, but then I realized, they meant 3pm UK time...so 

Looks odd that they would not tease it a little more, given the magnitude of the announcement, tho... weird if they do not release (because leakers would fail), weird if they do (because that is an odd strategy)