Sziget 2020

jj200

2 minutes ago, Nitshiggah said:

Guilty aswell!

Guilty x 7!

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’m still sceptical about having both Shawn mendes and Dua lipa... both of them played 2 years ago.

They've been candid about the fact they've struggled to get headliners this year so I suspect (if they're true) they've called in favours from Dua and Shawn.

They know both sell well and both enjoyed their time in 2018, so I'm guessing they've just chucked a load of money at them to come back.

Plus, as solo artists, they don't need to sort diaries with four other members of a band. I hope Dua is correct, I wasn't there in 2018 and I suspect she's good value. Shawn's not really my thing but my kids'll love him I'm sure!

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Guilty x 7!

They've been candid about the fact they've struggled to get headliners this year so I suspect (if they're true) they've called in favours from Dua and Shawn.

They know both sell well and both enjoyed their time in 2018, so I'm guessing they've just chucked a load of money at them to come back.

Plus, as solo artists, they don't need to sort diaries with four other members of a band. I hope Dua is correct, I wasn't there in 2018 and I suspect she's good value. Shawn's not really my thing but my kids'll love him I'm sure!

2 years ago, I didn't go to Shawn Mendez, now I just listened to some of his songs to find myself knowing a lot of them! Not something I would listen to all day, but I do know it and I do know the lyrics and I can see myself go to his show this year. 

40 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

There will be only one because @Sziget2020_Leaks already said that today we will get 5 headliners.

It was me that said 5 headliners. Hes wrong on one of the headliners he believes playing another festival. 

40 minutes ago, CCester said:

Where does this 3pm come from? 

From me. 

1 hour ago, larryfish said:

- 70 names are coming

More than that. 5 headliners and 75 other acts. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

It was me that said 5 headliners. Hes wrong on one of the headliners he believes playing another festival. 

From me. 

Is it 3pm Budapest time or 3pm UK time?

Any other hints before then?

Is TDCC appearing?

And which headliner is being held back with Eminem?

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

From me. 

Negotiation for Katy Perry (or whoever) went wrong and they had to go for a plan B and steal a Dua Lipa's contract made for Balaton and adjust it to Sziget? Could see that happening. 

Honestly, I'd take Dua Lipa over Katy Perry anyday, although none of the names are really of an interest to me.

80 names is impressing. I expect a lot of Party Arena and Colosseum in (breaking the habit a little bit, I suppose); I could not cope up with more than 50 names (and the list surely includes Eminem and Shawn Mendes), so I guess I will be up for a surprise anyway, and that is necessarily a good thing.

1 minute ago, CCester said:

Where did you get that from? Don't get me wrong, I'm just curious. 

It seems everyone works for Sziget on this forum lately. Or knows someone who knows someone who knows..things. 

I dont work for them. I run a music publication, you can normally find me in the "other UK festivals" forum. I've been here a long time. 

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Is it 3pm Budapest time or 3pm UK time?

The earliest I would be able to announce anything is 3pm UK time. Could come earlier, but the two generally go hand in hand. 

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

I dont work for them. I run a music publication, you can normally find me in the "other UK festivals" forum. I've been here a long time. 

Thanks for the info.

I can't help myself but refresh every possible Sziget related page at 11 and the fall in agony until 3pm.. :D

22 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Sorry, I remembered this post of his where he said "6 headliners in February, 1 (+1 sub headliner) in March". That's why I predicted Eminem to be announced separately maybe next week (as this was also hinted by him anyway). :D 

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Just now, poelim said:

Any chance the female headliner is Pink?

No, female headliner is very very likely to be Dua Lipa. Pink has never been discussed.

Looks like it will be something like:

HEADLINERS: Eminem; The Strokes; Shawn Mendes; Kings of Leon; Calvin Harris; Major Lazer; Dua Lipa

SUB-HEADLINERS: A$AP Rocky; Foals; Khalid; Two Door Cinema Club; Stormzy; Lewis Capaldi; ???

We basically have all the info we need, why trying to confuse the plot just to fuel random hopes?