Sziget 2020

jj200

16 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

3 PM UK time is 10 AM in New York & Ontario (where The Strokes & Shawn Mendes are from) and 9 AM in Nashville (KoL), so I guess it's plausible.

25 minutes ago, opel said:

Is it at 3 PM english time?

i think its budapest time. most festivals announce in the morning or early evening

Where did this idea that it's 3pm come from?

Most festivals announce at 9am or noon, it seems a bit late at 3pm.

I'm not aware that the announcement is tying in with any other announcements (like RATM / Rock en Seine / world tour announcement on Monday).

Appreciate things will be different on Monday if the Eminem rumours are true. 

Edited by swelsbyuk

6 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Where did this idea that it's 3pm come from?

Most festivals announce at 9am or noon, it seems a bit late at 3pm.

I'm not aware that the announcement is tying in with any other announcements (like RATM / Rock en Seine / worl tour announcement on Monday).

Appreciate things will be different on Monday if the Eminem rumours are true. 

A hint from a leaker a couple of pages ago. Doesn’t necessarily should be tied-in with anything, because Eminem comes on later, as it appears. 

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I, stupidly, tried to watch that and obviously didn't understand a word!

So, 70 names today. Does he say anything else worth knowing?

He seems happy about the Khalid leak, and said that the lineup will be a pleasant surprise for many but of course he didn't spoil anything. After watching this I'm not quite sure they had to delay the announcement or they just wanted to announce it later because getting the headliners was hard this year (he admitted it was difficult). 

okay @glavakpeti you were faster

video recap:

- he said that the ticket sales are going well (wouldnt say otherwise ofc)

- they are a bit surprised how much shit they get on social media on every post because of the lineup, as last year they announced the first names on the 22nd of january and now its not so much later

- 70 names are coming

- these are hard times in terms of booking names (many festivals, less headliners, acts on tour than needed)

- they said there would be names 'tomorrow' - but the video was uploaded on monday, so its weird

Edited by larryfish

3 minutes ago, larryfish said:

okay @glavakpeti you were faster

video recap:

- he said that the ticket sales are going well (wouldnt say otherwise ofc)

- they are a bit surprised how much shit they get on social media on every post because of the lineup, as last year they announced the first names on the 22nd of january and now its not so much later

- 70 names are coming

- these are hard times in terms of booking names (many festivals, less headliners, acts on tour than needed)

- they said there would be names 'tomorrow' - but the video was uploaded on monday, so its weird

Ticket sales are actually doing fine. 

Most people who love Sziget will buy their tickets regardless of how the line-up will end up. 

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I wonder which headliner they'll hold back today to announce with Eminem? My guess is Major Lazer.

I'd go with Dua Lipa (or whoever she is) and Shawn Mendes. The first because it is legitimate to think that the contract is not sealed yet, the second because, according to Leaks, will have daily tickets increased in price.

This announcement won't require quality, the quantity should be enough, and if my analysis is correct, having two rock headliners (KoL and The Strokes?) and two EDM headliners (Calvin Harris and Major Lazer?) will satisfy a little both the opposite poles of goers

20 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I'd go with Dua Lipa (or whoever she is) and Shawn Mendes. The first because it is legitimate to think that the contract is not sealed yet, the second because, according to Leaks, will have daily tickets increased in price.

There will be only one because @Sziget2020_Leaks already said that today we will get 5 headliners.

Actually I think that Eminem will be announced separately maybe next week without any further acts, meanwhile the last headliner will be announced in March + the remaining acts. Of course, this is only if Sziget didn't change their plans.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, opel said:

Is it at 3 PM english time?

Where does this 3pm come from? Sziget usually announces at 11AM @ CET. (yet it's possible if one of the bigger acts is planning to announces its tour at 3pm, but all of the leaks have some announced dates already. )