Sziget 2020

jj200

Just now, gfa said:

haha

can you comment on this though:

"Saying it now, no way can they afford this.

There is not a single smaller name like 1975/National last year. Katy Perry, Eminem, Calvin and Mendes are all massive expensive and KOL plus Strokes can't be far behind in price. Not buying this new leaker honestly hes just throwing stuff together it seems to me."

am buying you now though that was from an hour ago

What part of it should I answer? 

They are spending more money on artists this year.
Been increasing the budget since 2017.

7 minutes ago, Sziget2020_Leaks said:

That'd be the moment they fire me. :)

Maybe once they send them out in various languages to
different promoters throughout EU.

But could you maybe tell us when they are finally going to "officially" release the lineup? 

And for a indie/rock/metal geek like me do you think it's better to go somewhere else? As to me sziget isn't really looking like it's going to have to many exciting acts like last year....

6 minutes ago, Sziget2020_Leaks said:

Can you say how many of these are correct as headliners at Sziget 2020:

Eminem

Shawn Mendes

Calvin Harris

Katy Perry

Kings of Leon

The Strokes

Major Lazer

No need to say which ones, just total number.

Edited by swelsbyuk

11 minutes ago, Sziget2020_Leaks said:

Very well - just seems like a ton of expensive artists to me, good to see anyway after we all thought sziget was struggling

6 minutes ago, Evo Music said:

But could you maybe tell us when they are finally going to "officially" release the lineup? 

And for a indie/rock/metal geek like me do you think it's better to go somewhere else? As to me sziget isn't really looking like it's going to have to many exciting acts like last year....

They'll announce the date next week,
but it might only happen on the 17 / 18th.
Probably sooner than later though..

You should consider going somewhere
else in my honest opinion.

11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Can you say how many of these are correct as headliners at Sziget 2020:

Eminem

Shawn Mendes

Calvin Harris

Katy Perry

Kings of Leon

The Strokes

Major Lazer

No need to say which ones, just total number.

"Many of them" = 6, because Major Lazer would be a returning act, so they won't headline! :P 

Edited by #1SzigetFan

2 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

@Sziget2020_Leaks Sorry for the spam 😄 but than I know how much money I'll need to save :) 

Daily tickets will be the same price as last year,
Eminem's day will cost roughly the same as Ed Sheeran's,
Shawn Mendes' day is inbetween the normal price and Em / Ed.

3-day tickets: The one including Eminem will be
a bit more expensive than the others, but only by
around 10-15€ as far as I know.

37 minutes ago, Sziget2020_Leaks said:
44 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

@Sziget2020_Leaks so I must ask you lol : any metal bands planned lol ? not even asking a name. But something as 'strong' as Of Mice & Men last year ^^

Nope, sorry.

damn... I'll have to drink way more then... R.I.P my body 😕 when I think about it, we weren't that much at Of mice & men (because of Sheeran at the same moment I suppose 😅

thanks anyway ;)

10 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

and to every rock fans : don't lose hope ! last year Coheed and Cambria were only announced late, in March I think..

One or 2 good rock acts simply isn't going to justify 7 days of festival, flights accommodation and just throwing a 1000 quid at it tho.... think I'm going to let the EDM and Pop heads have at it this year, and hope for a decent lineup next year...

That said, 2020 in general is a pretty weak year lineup wise for indie and rock (not considering fests like download, hellfest and graspop there) even Rock Werchter can't put on a decent lineup on the most popular day (Saturday) 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Sziget2020_Leaks said:

Daily tickets will be the same price as last year,
Eminem's day will cost roughly the same as Ed Sheeran's,
Shawn Mendes' day is inbetween the normal price and Em / Ed.

3-day tickets: The one including Eminem will be
a bit more expensive than the others, but only by
around 10-15€ as far as I know.

Do you know anything about other rap acts besides Eminem and Stromzy?

I’m busy from May until beginning of august this year so unfortunately haven’t got any festivals booked for the summer. Of course, as sziget is in august I thought maybe I would book tickets to go for a few days (not the whole week as did the whole week last year), however obviously line up dependent.

I don’t like any of the headliners announced so far and whilst the undercard seems decent, I can go see them at a festival in the uk( saw foals, Tom Walker, 2DCC at truck in the past).

Basically, I’m wondering if anyone can offer me a good alternative to sziget during august or September where I could go and see some good acts for a few days at a good price, as so far the only other festival which has caught my eye this year is victorious.

12 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’m busy from May until beginning of august this year so unfortunately haven’t got any festivals booked for the summer. Of course, as sziget is in august I thought maybe I would book tickets to go for a few days (not the whole week as did the whole week last year), however obviously line up dependent.

I don’t like any of the headliners announced so far and whilst the undercard seems decent, I can go see them at a festival in the uk( saw foals, Tom Walker, 2DCC at truck in the past).

Basically, I’m wondering if anyone can offer me a good alternative to sziget during august or September where I could go and see some good acts for a few days at a good price, as so far the only other festival which has caught my eye this year is victorious.

Reading once its announced will likely be similar to Sziget given they had the same headliners last year.

12 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The atmosphere at Victorious and Sziget is quite different. Having attended Victorious two years ago there is absolutely no way I would go back. Whereas, we attended Sziget last year and immediately booked to go back again this year. Wait for the undercard before making a final decision.

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Reading once its announced will likely be similar to Sziget given they had the same headliners last year.

I don’t like the atmosphere at reading at all, full of 16 year olds who have just finished GCSEs doing drugs. I don’t find it spacious enough, it feels too overcrowded for me, whereas I found sziget so spacious and vast.

Line up at reading is normally pretty strong though.

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

"Many of them" = 6, because Major Lazer would be a returning act, so they won't headline

So we think the following is correct, with the exception of Major Lazer?

Or are we still unsure about Katy Perry too?

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Eminem

Shawn Mendes

Calvin Harris

Katy Perry

Kings of Leon

The Strokes

Major Lazer

If so, who is likely to be the 7th? We know it's an EDM act and has been mentioned on here a few times. We also, I believe, know it's not AVB.

So, who?

Edited by swelsbyuk