Sziget 2020

jj200

1 minute ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I'd agree with you, but KoL is not a cheap name actually - so is not Shawn Mendes. *IF* this leaker is correct, than I'd rather believe that the triplette will be Eminem - Shawn Mendes - pop name with bonus Kings of Leon. 

Is it subpar? Absolutely, taken Eminem apart, who remains a colossal booking for a european festival

Not cheap but not mega. Inmusic managed to book them a few years back so I don’t believe there fee can be too high these days.

id expect Bon Iver as another one of the small headliners. Past 2 years with the new management they had 8 listed with three big, three moderate and two small names.

Something else for a second,

Can we look forward to the fact that in half a year from now, despite the line-up. We will be in Hungary, Budapest, Obudai-Sziget feeling great at the Sziget Festival 2020.

Doesnt't matter what the line-up will be, im already super stoked.

Edited by Nitshiggah
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Hey,

Already reading this forum for a while. I just saw that Khalid is announced for 10th of august for Sziget. The famous pop singer confirmed himself on his own website. So...I think the user Sziget2020leaks seems quite legit to me becAuse he mentioned Khalid already earlier...

https://www.khalidofficial.com

check his Tour dates and you will see :)

Khalids been announced for a bunch of festivals around the Sziget dates for ages. He’s a logical guess.

plus our “leaker” apparently knows within 3 hours of foster the people being booked, knows the day tickets prices, backtracked on neighbourhood....is begging for people to believe him etc etc..,.

To have above knowledge he’d need to work for the festival. Who’d risk their job for some shit talk on a forum like this?

The prosecution rests its case 😂

I'm not a massive fan of either The Strokes or Kings of Leon.

But, if Sziget has chosen to go with KOL when they obviously could have had The Strokes then their booker wants shooting.

The Strokes are an iconic band. KOL have become a bit of a joke - just look at the forums on here, everyone is dreading them being announced for their festival.

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

But, if Sziget has chosen to go with KOL when they obviously could have had The Strokes then their booker wants shooting.

The Strokes are an iconic band. KOL have become a bit of a joke - just look at the forums on here, everyone is dreading them being announced for their festival.

Are the strokes really that iconic? 1 amazing album and then bang average. KOL have a lot more quality tunes in there back catalogue. 

For me what killed KOL was just over playing the festival scene.

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

@Sziget2020_Leaks didn't rule The Strokes out. He said we'll have only one rock headliner and KoL are a rock band according to his book. The Strokes might be an indie band according to his book. I think we're going to have both.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

13 minutes ago, Steve. said:

Khalids been announced for a bunch of festivals around the Sziget dates for ages. He’s a logical guess.

plus our “leaker” apparently knows within 3 hours of foster the people being booked, knows the day tickets prices, backtracked on neighbourhood....is begging for people to believe him etc etc..,.

To have above knowledge he’d need to work for the festival. Who’d risk their job for some shit talk on a forum like this?

The prosecution rests its case 😂

😘

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Are the strokes really that iconic? 1 amazing album and then bang average. KOL have a lot more quality tunes in there back catalogue. 

For me what killed KOL was just over playing the festival scene.

I think it's fair to say they're iconic tbh.

In fairness, I'm with you. On Spotify I'd much rather listen to KOL - I'd say they have a good dozen great songs. It's just that they seem so wooden when performing live.

30 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Ed Sheeran -> Shawn Mendes

The 1975 -> extra EDM act (Tiesto?)

Martin Garrix -> Calvin Harris

The National -> The Strokes

Post Malone -> Eminem

Florence + the Machine -> Katy Perry

Foo Fighters -> Kings of Leon

Saying it now, no way can they afford this.

There is not a single smaller name like 1975/National last year. Katy Perry, Eminem, Calvin and Mendes are all massive expensive and KOL plus Strokes can't be far behind in price. Not buying this new leaker honestly hes just throwing stuff together it seems to me.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

There is not a single smaller name like 1975/National last year. Katy Perry, Eminem, Calvin and Mendes are all massive expensive and KOL plus Strokes can't be far behind in price. Not buying this new leaker honestly hes just throwing stuff together it seems to me.

The thing is that nobody actually confirmed that Katy Perry should be perfmorning.

It can be some much cheaper female act.

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

EDM DJs are not as expensive as proper bands (+ the 1975/National days didn't sell too well, so they might be thinking they'll have better day ticket sales with another big EDM DJ), meanwhile I don't think that Shawn was that expensive either because he's returning to Sziget after 2 years only. KoL should also be way cheaper than Foo Fighters.

Eminem is indeed very expensive and maybe Katy Perry & The Strokes would be too, but overall financially I think it's going to be the same as last year for them.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

2 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

EDM DJs are not as expensive as proper bands (+ they 1975/National days didn't sell to well, so they might be thinking they'll have better day ticket sales with another big EDM DJ), meanwhile I don't think that Shawn was that expensive either because he's returning to Sziget after 2 years only. KoL should also be way cheaper than Foo Fighters.

Eminem is indeed very expensive and maybe Katy Perry & The Strokes would be too, but overall financially I think it's going to be the same as last year for them.

Who would have ever dared to think that a whole day fully dedicated to British audience only in the two main stages and a day where the indiest of the name touring is opened by Macklemore wouldn't sell well? Man, I guess the world is turning upside down here. 

Don't hate the game, hate the gamers: there were some intelligent picks here or there that year, but the whole outcome looked like a rookie job for the best part

With headliners Shawn Mendes/KOL/ Calvin Harris / Eminem / Tiësto / Katy Perry and ?? I would be very happy....in the end It’s just a matter of taste what would be the best line-up. I have to agree that these names would be very poppy!  

But....when you look to the past headliners of Sziget these rumoured names are quite logical.

Here a comparison:

big rap act: Kendrick(2018)/ Post Malone (2019) / Eminem (2020)

big singer/song writer pop artist : Shawn Mendes (2018) / Ed Sheeran (2019) / Shawn Mendes (2020)

big “poppy edm” act: Kygo (2018) / Martin garrix (2019) / calvin harris (2020)

And so On...

40 minutes ago, gfa said:

any reply to this @Sziget2020_Leaks ???