Sziget 2020

jj200

3 hours ago, OllieR said:

Would personally love arcade fire but I can’t see it happening. But I don’t think anyone predicted the national last year 

I didn't think there was any indication Arcade Fire were coming back just yet tbf. Even though a few people rumoured them for All Points East in that thread.

6 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Balaton Sound festival will announce new names next week, so seems like we won't get new names for Sziget next week eather, i'm thinking maybe they will announce something around february 12th because NME awards are on february 12th and Sziget is nominated fot the best festival in the world 🤷🏼‍♂️ and if Sziget wins than they have to announce at least something 😒😥🤞🏼

At least we're going to find out more names that won't attend Sziget :D 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Nitshiggah said:

Next week on tuesdays my friend will get Sziget promotion materials (Flyers with names, posters with names etc). Last week Volt, this week Sziget, next week Balaton. Im sure, downvote me again if you want, but I am sure it will happen this week.

So Sziget names coming this week and Balaton next week?

Yet they've not teased Sziget but they have teased Balaton?

That makes little sense.

12 hours ago, gfa said:

Its a balance though - RHCP would definitely sell the most tickets but they would also cost a lot more than The Strokes and a fair bit more than the Killers. I reckon the Killers are all round the best pick for value - just maybe not this year with their UK tour dates.

Not really sure about this, instead I believe that among the three, The Strokes are the more expensive.

59 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Lady Gaga is making a big tour announcement this week according to the Radio? Not sure if she would be too expensive, personally I would rather have the money spent elsewhere

We're taking four fifteen-year-old girls with us to Sziget this year. If Gaga is announced, you'll probably hear their screams in Scotland. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Steve. said:

Anyone catch what was deleted by SSS?

I was afk, I had a notification that he quoted a message of mine (maybe the Green Man poster one), but no idea what did the post contain. :) 

image.png.9df55377a4c75677a81d794d228abc27.png

Edited by #1SzigetFan

3 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Not really sure about this, instead I believe that among the three, The Strokes are the more expensive.

RHCP and Killers only headline the largest of festivals, e.g. Reading/Glasto in the UK whereas Strokes played All Points East this year. RHCP are far more expensive and Killers a bit more I am led to believe.

8 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

https://en.festileaks.com/2020/01/sziget-2020-electronic-line-up-a-rumour-overview/

I wrote this little piece for possible electronic (mostly Colosseum) acts.

I'll have to update it next week after Balaton's announcement.

Oof that would be awesome but can they play at Colosseum? I know Exit festival really often brings them and they play at dance arena and there is around 20000 - 30000 people 🤷🏼‍♂️

24 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Oof that would be awesome but can they play at Colosseum? I know Exit festival really often brings them and they play at dance arena and there is around 20000 - 30000 people 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm sure Sziget can get 2 as "big headliners" for that stage!

for reference, John Digweed  (600k likes on FB) played there (twice i think); also The Martinez Brothers (600k).

Charlotte de Witte and Amelie Lens have ~900k, and could be a step-up to that (really popular) stage.

Realistically, we could have Floating Points (120k), Adriatique (200k) or a Dixon comeback (400k).

But Boris Brejcha, Nina Kraviz, Adam Beyer and Carl Cox are far with 1M+ (they could play A38).

Earlier the Austrian Frequency Festival posted this (translated with Google): "What happens to Line Up Phase 2? Because some international acts have decided to announce their shows for 2020 (incl. FQ20) only in the new year, we have to move Line Up Phase 2 (incl. Announcement video) with a heavy heart - probably at the end of January. "

I think next week we can expect a big tour announcement. Eminem or someone else?