Sziget 2020

jj200

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Rumours =/= idiots on social media

Just to clarify this, I'm not the one starting any rumours 😂

I've simply seen posts from people on facebook saying "is sziget even happening this year" and "there's no line up because the festival is cancelled" etc etc. which is obviously a load of nonsense, however it's starting to spread all across social media, which is why it would be best if Sziget did make some sort of announcement as I've seen people posting that they are going to sell their tickets and go elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

Looking back it's not like Sziget is predictable in the timing of the first announcement. It can range from September to March in the lastb5 years.

Social media just getting over excited. In reality the majority are not looking every day for the li e up being released.

Myself is thinking its waiting for a huge tour to be released.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Looking back it's not like Sziget is predictable in the timing of the first announcement. It can range from September to March in the lastb5 years.

Social media just getting over excited. In reality the majority are not looking every day for the li e up being released.

Myself is thinking its waiting for a huge tour to be released.

you're right about not checking every day, but when you see a cool name added to a poster at other fests you start to wonder what about sziget.

lately everyday some big band annouces for a festival so you kind of do look for names everyday...

11 minutes ago, Nitshiggah said:

Names are coming this week, I got some intel about the official promoting in the Netherlands starting next week, flyers etc. So that must mean names this week or beginning next

100%

sorry but we already heard stuff like that from the guy who was "100% sure" 1st annoucement was today. ^^

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Altercreed said:

sorry but we already heard stuff like that from the guy who was "100% sure" 1st annoucement was today. ^^

This guy has been commenting Sziget threads that RHCP will be there for over a month.

Hard to tell if he is troll or not.

Maybe only way we can make Sziget start to talk by trolling. :D

image.png.84cf6b151eb099fd4490ab58953d8223.png

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Just to clarify this, I'm not the one starting any rumours 😂

I've simply seen posts from people on facebook saying "is sziget even happening this year" and "there's no line up because the festival is cancelled" etc etc. which is obviously a load of nonsense, however it's starting to spread all across social media, which is why it would be best if Sziget did make some sort of announcement as I've seen people posting that they are going to sell their tickets and go elsewhere.

Yeah of course I know that you weren't starting the rumours.

Also RHCP are ruled out I thought they said no more European festival announcements? could have been persuaded though i suppose

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Also RHCP are ruled out I thought they said no more European festival announcements? could have been persuaded though i suppose

That rumour came from an unofficial RHCP twitter account, where they stated:

Well, I guess that "apparently" is the keyword there, even if they have inside info.

In other words, Boston Calling announced their lineup today, among them are also RHCP, on the same day as Liam Gallagher.

Boston Calling 2020 lineup

Edited by #1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Another guy on reddit who is teasing RHCP for weeks is teasing them again, saying that announcement is expected in February:image.thumb.png.a5bf87303935408616f1b3d3f57d135e.png

I don‘t believe him. On the other hand I don‘t know what to believe regarding RHCP.

Klinghoffer said he was kicked out by surprise. So the new album‘s work is canned and they start over with Frusciante. I can‘t see them touring a lot when new music is priority one.

Boston Calling announced them last year. Not necessarily a reason to believe there‘s more to come.

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

Do people really want RHCP? Or is it because they are a 'name'.

Saw them a few times down the years, very hit and miss.

I'd love them for the hits and to be able to see Frusciante, but I'd prefer The Strokes, or even The Killers tbh...

Imagine they do a full line-up drop a la Primavera or Glastonbury! That would be cool.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

That rumour came from an unofficial RHCP twitter account, where they stated:

Well, I guess that "apparently" is the keyword there, even if they have inside info.

In other words, Boston Calling announced their lineup today, among them are also RHCP, on the same day as Liam Gallagher.

Boston Calling 2020 lineup

Israel also isn't even in Europe - thats the show i remembered it being about then I rephrased my response after noticing. I reckon they could come back to Europe for a second leg maybe. Also that RHCP is absolutely stacked with RHCP, 1975 and Liam Gallagher. Would have sold out easily with just RHCP and 1975 surely?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, thetime said:

Do people really want RHCP? Or is it because they are a 'name'.

Saw them a few times down the years, very hit and miss.

I want them because this guy is back :P 

38 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

I'd love them for the hits and to be able to see Frusciante, but I'd prefer The Strokes, or even The Killers tbh...

I think that RHCP would draw more ticket sales than The Strokes or The Killers to be honest. I don't think that The Strokes are as popular as Arctic Monkeys in this part of Europe for example, maybe they are a little bit more popular than Arcade Fire, another cool act, but that couldn't sell all the tickets for an arena show in Budapest. Let's not forget that even without Frusciante, RHCP had to add an extra day because their first arena show was sold out and the second one 99% full or maybe sold out too.

Regarding The Killers, well, they've been already several times on the Island of Freedom, meanwhile RHCP never were. I would like to see both bands at Sziget too, but if I'd have to choose between these 3 as an organizer, I'd choose the Peppers. :) 

38 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Imagine they do a full line-up drop a la Primavera or Glastonbury! That would be cool.

I would love to see this too! It would be a welcome present actually for those that weren't patient. :D 

Edited by #1SzigetFan

19 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think that RHCP would draw more ticket sales than The Strokes or The Killers to be honest. I don't think that The Strokes are as popular as Arctic Monkeys in this part of Europe for example, maybe they are a little bit more popular than Arcade Fire, another cool act, but that couldn't sell all the tickets for an arena show in Budapest. Let's not forget that even without Frusciante, RHCP had to add an extra day because their first arena show was sold out and the second one 99% full or maybe sold out too.

Regarding The Killers, well, they've been already several times on the Island of Freedom, meanwhile RHCP never were. I would like to see both bands at Sziget too, but if I'd have to choose between these 3 as an organizer, I'd choose the Peppers. :) 

I would love to see this too! It would be a welcome present actually for those that weren't patient. :D 

Oh yeah I wasn't talking about ticket sales. But i already like the 2 new songs (live) of The Strokes so I really want to see them this summer 😕 

Arcade Fire would be my top pick :D but I agree that RHCP would sell the most!

and The Killers would be a good headliner for day 1 or 7... opening or closing the festival with Mr Brightside ❤️ 

Let's get all of them 

O well Tuesday has nearly passed and no names, so much for the inside info. I think it was more educated guessing. 

Bon Ivor is in the USA for the first few days so hopefully we will miss him 😂

Not announcing early names may not make that much difference to ticket sales but it's annoying for us that's booked. Most people are from the area so it will make not much difference to them. Its just us who book early and want to get cheap flights digs etc. 

Give it to next Friday 

I am not sure the strokes would are a big pull. The killers have loads of singles that I think would be a bigger pull. 

Edited by Davidoff

30 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I want them because this guy is back :P 

Its a balance though - RHCP would definitely sell the most tickets but they would also cost a lot more than The Strokes and a fair bit more than the Killers. I reckon the Killers are all round the best pick for value - just maybe not this year with their UK tour dates.

thats a tough one .. Would I pick The Killers, The Strokes or RHCP hmm ...

of course RHCP might be the biggest name of those 3, but I'd rather pick The Killers because of sooo many singles I love from them ^^ Also, a little Panic! at the disco or Fall Out Boy would be fine by me for 1 of those 7 days ^^

damn, look at me.... im becoming impatient, they really have to give us something THIS week ... !!!!

16 minutes ago, Altercreed said:

of course RHCP might be the biggest name of those 3, but I'd rather pick The Killers because of sooo many singles I love from them ^^

So you're saying that you don't like as many singles from RHCP as from The Killers? :D Well, that's interesting... RHCP's last 2-3 albums might not have been great, but now with the return of John I think that they will play more tracks from their older records, that I find to be way "cooler" than anything from The Killers.

My favourite RHCP albums are Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik, both with Frusciante on them. Checking on setlist quickly, last year at Rock in Rio they played only 2 songs from BSSM and none from Mother's Milk, so if on their upcoming tour they'll play more stuff from their 'funky' era, I think they could put onto a great show. 

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Balaton Sound festival will announce new names next week, so seems like we won't get new names for Sziget next week eather, i'm thinking maybe they will announce something around february 12th because NME awards are on february 12th and Sziget is nominated fot the best festival in the world 🤷🏼‍♂️ and if Sziget wins than they have to announce at least something 😒😥🤞🏼

Screenshot_20200128-234136_Instagram-01.jpeg