Sziget 2020

jj200

2 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Im not sure about this guys. I mean there was never ever somebody who hinted in this "cheap" way.

Account with 1 posts. Deleted the original message afterwards.

Eminem included?

I give it a 10% credibility.

I'm starting to reckon that we simply do not have any insider this year. 

The guy leaking 5 heads out of 7 said a big announcement in terms of quantity would happen tomorrow and no info has been released about this yet, and it makes it suspicious. This guy just comes and tag some lyrics piece randomly. 

Anybody can leak with a new account, so I'll just stay quiet and dont care about it much, names are on their way because it's almost february, but I am actually tired of hearing from random intel gurus

1 minute ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I'm starting to reckon that we simply do not have any insider this year. 

The guy leaking 5 heads out of 7 said a big announcement in terms of quantity would happen tomorrow and no info has been released about this yet, and it makes it suspicious. This guy just comes and tag some lyrics piece randomly. 

Anybody can leak with a new account, so I'll just stay quiet and dont care about it much, names are on their way because it's almost february, but I am actually tired of hearing from random intel gurus

We used to have John Doe insider at other forum, but most probably it was the Dan Panaitescu guy who died three years ago, because he did not appear since.

I guess no announcement tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Eminem, Shawn Mendes, Foals, Khalid, Tom Walker, The Neighbourhood and Of Monsters and Men?

Not aware of touring schedule of most of them, but that sounds reasonable - and partially welcome.

Post has been deleted. Makes it more interesting or less interesting? 😋

5 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Eminem, Shawn Mendes, Foals, Khalid, Tom Walker, The Neighbourhood and Of Monsters and Men?

Not aware of touring schedule of most of them, but that sounds reasonable - and partially 

I'd say Foals, Khalid, Tom Walker and OMAM are all very likely.

Seems strange that they're mixed in a with a couple who seem pretty unlikely in Eminem and Shawn Mendes.

Tom walker is in Switzerland and Romania at the time so seems a good shout same as Foals are playing close by. Khalid would fit for that type of act and is playing a few festivals. 

Radio one big weekend announced. Kendal calling also announcing this week as well. Not sure we have ever shared many acts. Not sure if that helps or makes it worse 😂

I would take Biffy and we may get dua lipa for the female act as seemed to go down well a few years ago. I would rather have Robyn or Lorde but I can't see them as headliners 

8 minutes ago, Gloch said:

What's everything thinking towards AC/DC possibility? 

New album with a potential tour to be announced. Is this what they are waiting for as a big exclusive? 

Wayyyyy too good to be true lol ^^

At this point, I'm expecting (hoping!) for 2 good rock names (RHCP and Blink-182 would definitely make me happy :D ) and a solid EDM like Armin Van Buuren. Last year I just went to Foo Fighters and Martin Garrix in the headliners' card, most of the time I was enjoying the underCard ( Coheed & Cambria, Of Mice & Men, Tove Lo, Vini Vici etc... )

Surely if Volt is announcing stuff and the same promoters do the stuff for both them and Sziget, they'd prioritise what's been announced. Same thing with APE and BST Hyde Park in London - same city, both big park fests, why have them go on sale on the same day?

But you'd expect something to be announced for this soon enough given its usually such a big deal and its been oddly quiet in this initial phase of 2020.

15 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Post has been deleted. Makes it more interesting or less interesting? 😋

None? I could create a fake account and push names at random and you all would be questioning if that is some Dan Panaitescu's ghost or what releasing confidential info about the fest.

We all have an idea about what the pool from which they get the smaller names will be, take an handful of these and put with some big names, more or less hyped in Sziget's circuit, and you will get a prediction...

I mean, Tom Walker, Foals, Khalid and OMaM are already highy favored to be in the lineup; to these you add the name that has been hyped the most in the last 4-5 years and two random names and there you have a new Sziget-version of the Oracle of Omaha... Am I the only one that starts to notice that this collective hysteria due to them not releasing the lineup is possibly leading to a troll bait?

26 minutes ago, Nitshiggah said:

No set times. Usually anywhere between 12:00 and 17:00

If there is indeed an announcement today, then it might be logical to have it a bit late IF and only if Eminem and/or RHCP are in the mix and they might want to attract more Americans on the Island of Freedom. 5 PM Hungarian time (CET) is 11 AM in New York and 8 AM in California.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

13 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

If there is indeed an announcement today, then it might be logical to have it a bit late IF and only if Eminem and/or RHCP are in the mix and they might want to attract more Americans on the Island of Freedom. 5 PM Hungarian time (CET) is 11 AM in New York and 8 AM in California.

No way they gonna make such big announcement without teasing, especially with Eminem with no european dates.

The bigger headliners are always teased (Robbie Williams, Rihanna, Arctic Monkeys, Ed Sheeran... even bloody Kasabian in 2017). Don't keep your hopes high, toady nothing will happen.

The last time Sziget had the first announcement in late January (2018), as far as I remember there was an official post sometime before Christmas where they wrote that we'll have to wait "a little bit more" for the 2018 lineup. This time they didn't say anything officially regarding this (except that interview from Festileaks), therefore I think that those that are complaining about this "silence" are actually fair to express themselves as the whole situation is starting to be worrying. Hopefully they know that lots of people are waiting to see some names and if in the near future they won't be able to, then they'll change their plans and Sziget will be in danger of losing these potential ticket buyers.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

There could be many reasons why the announcement is late.

It could be as simple as a big name (Eminem, Lady Gaga, Springsteen etc) has stated their name must be the first announced, but they aren't ready to announce just yet as they are still sorting the rest of their tour out.

Or, they're still struggling to book an eye-catching name and don't want to launch with a list of smaller headliners when others have the likes of Taylor Swift, Pearl Jam, The Strokes and The Killers.

The problem is, the longer they leave it the more likely it will be that people have already booked for other festivals. Flight prices are rising daily and hotels and apartments are getting booked up.

Edited by swelsbyuk

There's a lot of posts going around now on social media saying "Clearly there's no line up, because we won't get sziget this year".

Whilst I DON'T believe that this is the case, as the dates are announced and we are looking at such a major and successful festival, so it's undoubtedly going to go ahead, there is one thing which is pretty clear. Announcing the line up in November last year has got all the festival-goers this year pretty impatient and now they are losing a lot of ticket sales. As line ups such as Opener, Mad Cool and Rock Werchter get released, people will be choosing to go elsewhere and Sziget will be losing out on business.

Last year, the line up probably came out early because they were confident that it was strong and was going to sell. This year's line up is probably weaker and they are probably trying to hope that as many ticket sales come through before they announce the line up, because they are predicting lower sales figures compared to last year once the line up is out.

Surely if they had a "big name", such as Billie Eilish, RHCP or Coldplay, it would have been released a few months ago to try and boost ticket sales as much as possible. When you're attracting an international audience to your festival, surely it makes sense to push the line up out there as soon as possible so that people are encouraged to book their festival package for the best price. The longer you leave it, the more prices go up, and the less likely people are to book.

It's an interesting move that they are holding back for so long. I highly doubt we will hear anything for a little while more, but I will be intrigued to see who they have booked once the line up finally gets released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i bouget the citizen tickets because im not counting on the music acts to have a good time at the festival, but im thinking of selling my tickets and go to another festival right now.

its hard to see all the other festivals names and see post's from sziget about this and that without any line up predictions..

51 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

There's a lot of posts going around now on social media saying "Clearly there's no line up, because we won't get sziget this year".

It's well known in PR that social media is always happy to fill in any gaps in information. This is why, when an incident takes place, the police will always tweet/post whatever they have and then say further info to follow.

Sziget hasn't really done this as yet. All they've done is post about last year and tickets for this year.

They really need to start a countdown, or say "we've just signed an amazing rock group for this year's festival and we can't wait to tell you more soon".

If you leave a void then people will fill it with information - usually false information.

We've already had it on this forum with false leaks and now there are rumours, according to @FestivalJamie of there being no festival at all. Sziget seriously needs to address this before it snowballs.

Edited by swelsbyuk