Sziget 2020

jj200

4 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Slipknot play Budapest on February 4th. Still thinking that with their gap between August 1st and 7th they could be a possibility, especially concerning "lack of headliners".

As far as I can see they're doing only arena & stadium shows, so the band might request extra money to be "festival exclusive", the same they did with Ed Sheeran. But are Slipknot popular enough to sell tickets? Because there are still available tickets for their arena show in Budapest in February.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

2 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

As far as I can see they're doing only arena & stadium shows, so the band might request extra money to be "festival exclusive", the same they did with Ed Sheeran. But are Slipknot as popular to sell tickets? Because there are still available tickets for their arena show in Budapest in February.

They play festival shows in Spain and Bulgaria so exclusivity shouldn't cause additional costs.
I also noticed that tickets for their February show are available but it also can be a reason why Sziget is holding on with announcement.
The main problem is such headliner could be too heavy for Sziget, but then I remember the interview where promoters told they wanted Iron Maiden to play Sziget 2018. So it isn't completely impossible.

14 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

The main problem is such headliner could be too heavy for Sziget, but then I remember the interview where promoters told they wanted Iron Maiden to play Sziget 2018. So it isn't completely impossible.

Does Slipknot have any cross-over appeal? I'd say they're too divisive - you're either a fan or you're not. Same with Rammstein who have been mentioned as also being around and available.

Surely, as festival organisers, you'd want to attract as many people as possible and not alienate a large proportion of the crowd? A festival with Calvin Harris and Slipknot as headliners would appear a little unbalanced.

I should add, at this point, that I couldn't name you one Slipknot song so my views are possibly biased!

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Did they ever announce bands without a teaser? So should we get something today if they really going to announce tomorrow?

Got to say, I really don't think we're getting anything tomorrow. Social media is full of people demanding the line-up.

If they had a date in mind I think they'd have put it out there by now in an attempt to quieten the noise.

2 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Volt just announced The Offspring, BMTH and My Chemical Romance.
Either Sziget get something really huge or disappointing.  

And no one expected an announcement from VOLT today, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for RHCP tomorrow. :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, clasher said:

Is there usually any crossover?

Rarely... and when it happens, then some acts cancel Sziget / something unexpected happens and bands from VOLT are still around in August. As far as I remember, when Amy Winehouse died, 30STM were brought to Sziget to replace her despite them playing VOLT too.

4 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Did they ever announce bands without a teaser? So should we get something today if they really going to announce tomorrow?

Well Volt festivall announced one day bedore that they announced their first names, but didn't say anything about second announcement, it's same with Strand festival, Balaton sound also said when they are gonna announce first wave of acts but still no second announcement. So I really hope we get new names for Sziget tomorrow 🤞🏼 but i'm not completely sure about that 😪

2 minutes ago, Altercreed said:

on their official site, on computer, they are under lenny kravitz and marshmello, but on the same line as BMTH and Offspring... looks like a sub head to me

Nope, they are headlining the first day with The Offspring subbing.

Also, you shouldn't expect great things only based on the fact that festivals in June/July are announcing amazing names. August circuit is completely different.

8 minutes ago, leakit2020 said:

two trailer park girls go 'round the outside

i know i can treat you better than he can

now the wolf is knocking at my door

love to see you shine in the night like the diamond you are

lately you've been searching for a darker place

so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater

don't listen to a word i say, hey

Eminem, Shawn Mendes, Foals, Khalid, Tom Walker, The Neighbourhood and Of Monsters and Men?

Not aware of touring schedule of most of them, but that sounds reasonable - and partially welcome.

29 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Eminem, Shawn Mendes, Foals, Khalid, Tom Walker, The Neighbourhood and Of Monsters and Men?

Not aware of touring schedule of most of them, but that sounds reasonable - and partially welcome.

Im not sure about this guys. I mean there was never ever somebody who hinted in this "cheap" way.

Account with 1 posts. Deleted the original message afterwards.

Eminem included?

I give it a 10% credibility.