Sziget 2020

jj200

Sziget has announced stuff late before. I remember the announcing acts just a days before the festivals 6-7 years ago.  I wouldn’t worry,  they will do the best they can.   The lineups been getting Unsustainably bigger and bigger over the last few years.  I would be happy if they just bought back the world music stage

20 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

So Sad Simon was fooling us?

I am sorry that you believe this but I am only telling what I have been told. I know my friend five or six years and he never tell me things that are untrue, there is no reason to this year.

If I am wrong then I apologise and maybe my friend told things that are wrong but after speaking to him last night he says line up is exactly what he has already said and plan is still to make first announcement on next Tuesday.

We will see.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I suspect their headliners are currently something like:

- Liam Gallagher

- Calvin Harris

- Travis Scott

- Bon Iver

And they're probably still on the hunt for a couple of big-hitters as there seems to be absolutely none around in August.

If that is the case, however, I cannot begin to understand how such important work wasn't signed, sealed and delivered by Christmas at the latest.

It stinks of agents making unreasonable demands, knowing the situation the organisers are in.

I suppose we will find out next Tuesday if so sad Simon is talking rubbish.

I go with Billy big baws that they will have a few acts lined up, Liam, dance act, rap act, foals, Biffy in the area at the same time a good few pop acts. Killers and Billie still in europe. Maybe they are having to wait until someone announces their own tour and waiting to announce am exclusive. 

They must have big acts lined up and been in talks for a while now

No sure I want to see any off the above and I am a old fuddy duddy 😂 

• Upvote 1

There are lots of August festivals that didn't announce anything (or anything relevant) yet, so their situation is the same as Sziget: FM4 Frequency (multi-genre festival from Austria, they announced few small hip-hop names and they wanted to announce a headliner but they postponed it for 2020 and still nothing new from their side yet), Lowlands Festival from Netherlands (according to that article with Sziget from Festileaks, they will put the tickets on sale on the 8th of February, so maybe we should expect an announcement as well?), Pukkelpop, Reading and Leeds (nothing official except Liam Gallagher), Untold Festival (EDM festival from Romania + usually with some live pop acts, still no names from there), Rock en Seine (France) and maybe there are other bigger festivals that I forgot about. :D 

Edited by #1SzigetFan

16 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

There are lots of August festivals that didn't announce anything (or anything relevant) yet, so their situation is the same as Sziget: FM4 Frequency (multi-genre festival from Austria, they announced few small hip-hop names and they wanted to announce a headliner but they postponed it for 2020 and still nothing new from their side yet), Lowlands Festival from Netherlands (according to that article with Sziget from Festileaks, they will put the tickets on sale on the 8th of February, so maybe we should expect an announcement as well?), Pukkelpop, Reading and Leeds (nothing official except Liam Gallagher), Untold Festival (EDM festival from Romania + usually with some live pop acts, still no names from there), Rock en Seine (France) and maybe there are other bigger festivals that I forgot about. :D 

Some great points there mate, not many August fests have announced much so far.

Sziget will do alright.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Its all about the A38. 😍

oh yeah! M83 in the A38 is still my favorite concert ever to this day :D

and so many others... Stromae was the most packed concert of my life haha! Bloody Beetroots maybe the most intense... Infected Mushroom my first electro-moshpit... woo so many memories!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Noeliam said:

oh yeah! M83 in the A38 is still my favorite concert ever to this day :D

and so many others... Stromae was the most packed concert of my life haha! Bloody Beetroots maybe the most intense... Infected Mushroom my first electro-moshpit... woo so many memories!

Wow, you just named three of my most favourite A38 Sziget concerts over the years!

😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Noeliam said:

:D i'm not even surprised!

+which 3 on this list of 4?

I got excited for this year's A38..... and i'm not even sure of going!

Stromae, Bloody Beetroots and M83.

Still remember how they closed A38 and we had to riot and climb over the security to get inside Stromae concert 😀

And crazy people climbing on a38 pillars during Bloody Beetroots, so they had to shutdown the music for a while.

Dont remember Infected Mushroom, which year it was?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lukatej said:

Stromae, Bloody Beetroots and M83.

Still remember how they closed A38 and we had to riot and climb over the security to get inside Stromae concert 😀

And crazy people climbing on a38 pillars during Bloody Beetroots, so they had to shutdown the music for a while.

Dont remember Infected Mushroom, which year it was?

Thats sounds amazing honestly