Sziget 2020

jj200

8 hours ago, R Shah said:

Anyone know what day RHCP are rumoured to be playing? I happen to be in Budapest on 10th and 11th August on an interrailing trip....

They will probably close the festival on tuesday the 11th. Last year we had Foo Fighters closing and year before Arctic Monkeys, so RHCP is likely to close the festivals mainstage.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, Mondo-kun said:

This is how it was in recent years:
- for 2016: prime tickets 24.11.2015, first announcement 03.12.2015
- for 2017: prime tickets 25.09.2016, first announcement 15.12.2016
- for 2018: prime tickets 08.11.2017, first announcement 22.01.2018
- for 2019: first announcement 20.09.2018, prime tickets 01.10.2018 

I'd say this year they announced Ed Sheeran so early because he announced all of his tour dates simultaneously. Due to that Sziget also needed to start ticket sales earlier. Expecting first bandwave in December.

If Sziget doesn't announce in the next week it will be the latest announcement made in the past five years (maybe more).

I appreciate they are, hopefully, pulling together an amazing line-up for us but surely they could do what Mad Cool did and start dropping a name every day? They must have dozens that are already signed up?

They obviously want to launch the line-up with a bang but they must see on social media (well, certainly Facebook) that whenever they post something they just get a barrage of "when are you releasing the line-up?" questions.

My party, over the past three months, has spent about £3,500 on the festival with tickets, flights and accommodation for seven of us. All we want is a little bit of something in return, especially at this miserable time of the year!

Edited by swelsbyuk

On 1/12/2020 at 12:31 PM, swelsbyuk said:

They're on the second line of the Mad Cool poster, underneath Twenty One Pilots so can't see them headlining mainstage at Sziget tbh. They would make a great sub for someone as the sun sets though. 

The 1975 weren`t Mad Cool heads in 2019, neither, but headlined Sziget. You can`t find 7 biggest names for a fest in August, so a couple of spots will be EDM or "just big ones" - with co-heads, maybe

Announcement date has been pushed back a little as negotiations continue. Is now set for 28 January.

Sad but no more news received about who will be there. 

I ask about Tame Impala and definitely no. Stevie Nicks is one of the three in shortlist for last place but she is more expensive than expected and more expensive than the other two together. Sziget request for certain Mac songs to be included in the set was knocked back to half so money looking better spent elsewhere. Is shame as with right setlist it is felt everyone knows all she does.

17 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

Announcement date has been pushed back a little as negotiations continue. Is now set for 28 January.

I ask about Tame Impala and definitely no. Stevie Nicks is one of the three in shortlist for last place but she is more expensive than expected and more expensive than the other two together. Sziget request for certain Mac songs to be included in the set was knocked back to half so money looking better spent elsewhere. Is shame as with right setlist it is felt everyone knows all she does.

I cant really understand why Sziget, with its audience, should go after Stevie Nicks: she is a great singer but it is literally the furthest thing from what this demographic asks. 

I barely care about Fletwood Mac and I'm 25 with a solid background of 80s rock, left alone a zoomer who only cares for trap and Billie Eilish.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I cant really understand why Sziget, with its audience, should go after Stevie Nicks: she is a great singer but it is literally the furthest thing from what this demographic asks. 

I barely care about Fletwood Mac and I'm 25 with a solid background of 80s rock, left alone a zoomer who only cares for trap and Billie Eilish.

Well, I can understand why they would go with Stevie Nicks... there are a lot of "hipsters" who discovered Fleetwood Mac lately, also having turntable discs etc. The band is popular in the UK and in the US, so maybe she looked like a good choice for that audience.

• Upvote 1

All I can say is from my friends email which says FMac has many well known songs but are too expensive to book. If Stevie can play these songs then they get the same impact but even at 30 per cent of the price of getting FMac she is still expensive and will not play all the songs asked. I think as a booker you need to examine all the acts offered to you and balance cost and income. It seems the two do not balance with Stevie.

I am 27 and would love to see her. She is an icon without the baggage of someone like Madonna etc. 

Anyway she is too expensive unless her setlist is changes so probably will not be there. 

Edited by So Sad Simon

1 hour ago, So Sad Simon said:

Thanks for the info :)

what kind of acts are the other two? 

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

We finally agree on something, did that they even tried to get her.

I'm 45 and have no interest in her or Fleetwood mac. Bin her off and get Bjork.

• Like 1