Sziget 2020

jj200

11 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm no Billie Eilish fan either but you can't compare her with Halsey. Billie has become part of the zeitgeist, Halsey is just a pop singer (a good one, admittedly).

I couldn't say that in a better way

11 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Out of interest, could a reformed MCR be a possibility?

For Sziget? Looks like a little bit out of the demo they want to appeal to, honestly

10 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

I'm going to help you out. Three of the headliners are Chili Peppers, Liam Gallagher and Selena Gomez as pop name. No that last name isn't a joke and definitely a headliner or no appearance. She might be co-head but definitely head.

Delay in announcement due to negotiation with one other big act which will be great if it comes off but looking less likely every day. Big announcement coming at start of 20 January week if signing made.

Lots of the other people signed have been mentioned on here already and also Biffy Clyro and maybe Pixies. FKA Twigs is possible but issues about the A38 for reason I don't know. 

I know you won't believe me cos you don't know me but TRUST me. 

Well, I trust the way I trust any newcome insider on this forum: you have my trust until the announcement, so I'll take the rumor for reasonable (even more as all the names listed are thinkable). Two points tho:

- As already pointed out, Pixies have a gig in Budapest already

- Bon Iver?

7 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Pixies are out of the picture, they already have a gig at Budapest Park in September.

This would explain his message and why I say 'maybe Pixies'. He say they will be in Budapest and Sziget not happy. I thought they were booked for Sziget and they didn't want them anymore but sounds like they did want them for Sziget but could not get them. Apology as my friend who works on the festival and I do not share the same language!!

I like rock and indy music so he only tell me those type of acts - apart from Selena as he found her booking so funny. So he tell me that Nothing But Thieves will be there and Of Monsters and Men, Flogging Molly and Iggy Pop is also due to sign.

They want and have been offered Foals but because of Liam booking they don't know where to put them. It is possible they will sub R.H.C.P.

I will ask about the EDM and other headliner acts and see if he can share with me these names.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

This would explain his message and why I say 'maybe Pixies'. He say they will be in Budapest and Sziget not happy. I thought they were booked for Sziget and they didn't want them anymore but sounds like they did want them for Sziget but could not get them. Apology as my friend who works on the festival and I do not share the same language!!

I like rock and indy music so he only tell me those type of acts - apart from Selena as he found her booking so funny. So he tell me that Nothing But Thieves will be there and Of Monsters and Men, Flogging Molly and Iggy Pop is also due to sign.

They want and have been offered Foals but because of Liam booking they don't know where to put them. It is possible they will sub R.H.C.P.

I will ask about the EDM and other headliner acts and see if he can share with me these names.

If you are right and not trolling I love you so much for sharing us these infos! I'm waiting for the 1st announcement for too long... 

I also hope your friend won't get into any trouble for leaking! 

51 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

This would explain his message and why I say 'maybe Pixies'.

Don't worry mate, I just wanted Pixies fans to not get their hopes too high and be disappointed when they'll see the announcement. :) The names you listed are actually pretty awesome for my tastes, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to be right!

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Honestly, I'm a little skeptical about the Selena Gomez info. Considering her recent health problems and dealing with depression and anxiety, I doubt she would come to Europe. I know she's about to release new album but her last live performance (and the only one she's done recently) at the AMAs didn't go really well. Apparently she had a panic attack before the show. No US tour announced yet as well which I guess would be announced before the European one.

Of course I can be wrong but I just don't think that putting her in front of 60-80k people is a good idea (small-ish intimate shows would be better for her).

• Upvote 2

Robyn would be a good act as a Sub, looking at way out west acts from last year very few came to Szighet, but fingers crossed. Mad Cool had a few extras today and it looks good.  I would take a few acts from there and everyone from the Sunday. Look over the last few years a lot of acts have come from Leeds and TRSMT and just a few from Mad Cool.  I am not sure about S Gomez and how many people would be that interested. Billie would be a big pull not my thing, but I can see why they would want her, and she looks like she is in the Europe at the time.

Do we think there will be an announcement at the end of the Month and that RHCP, Biffy and Foals are all stick on or is all a bit the same. Personally, I would love them.  

I Just wish they would announce a few soon.

26 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Robyn would be a good act as a Sub, looking at way out west acts from last year very few came to Szighet, but fingers crossed. Mad Cool had a few extras today and it looks good.  I would take a few acts from there and everyone from the Sunday. Look over the last few years a lot of acts have come from Leeds and TRSMT and just a few from Mad Cool.  I am not sure about S Gomez and how many people would be that interested. Billie would be a big pull not my thing, but I can see why they would want her, and she looks like she is in the Europe at the time.

Do we think there will be an announcement at the end of the Month and that RHCP, Biffy and Foals are all stick on or is all a bit the same. Personally, I would love them.  

I Just wish they would announce a few soon.

I think we're all getting a little bit frustrated at the radio silence, especially when Mad Cool appears to have announced 80 per cent of its line-up and has included some big names.

The European Festival Awards take place next Wednesday and Sziget is up for Best Major Festival and Best Line-up. I would expect that they are planning for a win and should, I hope, already have their branding designed to include these potential accolades ready to drop all over social media the following day.

This should grab people's attention but you can only hold it for so long. For example, if the casual-festival-goer reads next Thursday morning that Sziget is Europe's Best Major Festival then it's human nature to check their website out and find out what makes it the best. If there's no 2020 line-up on there then they're going to lose their interest pretty quickly. If they win I reckon they'll announce within a few days.

If they lose I suspect they'll go away, lick their wounds and announce in time for payday at the end of the month. I cannot envisage them waiting beyond then.

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 2

On 1/8/2020 at 10:39 PM, So Sad Simon said:

Ti aiutaò. Tre dei protagonisti sono Chili Peppers, Liam Gallagher e Selena Gomez come nome pop. No, quel cognome non è uno scherzo e sicuramente un headliner o nessun aspetto. Potrebbe essere corresponsabile ma sicuramente a capo.

Ritardo nell'annuncio previsto alla negoziazione con un altro grande atto che sarà fantastico se verrà fuori ma sembrerà meno probabile ogni giorno. Grande annuncio in arrivo all'inizio della settimana del 20 gennaio se la firma viene eseguita.

Molte altre persone firmate sono già menzionate qui e anche Biffy Clyro e forse Pixies. FKA Twigs è possibile ma problemi sull'A38 per motivi che non conosco. 

Quindi, non mi crederai perché non mi sono conosciuto FIDATI di me.

Do you have any news about travis scott?

Edited by omarara

21 hours ago, billybigballs said:

A38 headliner? Surely Placebo are no longer big enough to headline the main stage? 

They pulled decent crowds their last tour and always were Sziget favorites. It'd be better than "trendy" The 1975 last year.