Sziget 2020

jj200

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Me neither but I suppose it might attract newcomers.

Good point, especially for the brits.

Great weather

7 day festival, which is unheard of in the UK

Alternative to Glastonbury, with all the other stuff going on

festival holiday

Must admit it is always my 1st choice every summer, I am the sort which some will hate as I am not bothered on the lineup. My faves are usually the ones I have never heard of once the line up has been announced.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Biffy announced dates at the start of August. Co-headliner or what not really sure but they are on mainland Europe too I think they are nailed on now

+ AnnenMayKantereit | Fettes Brot | SDP | Kummer | Flogging Molly | Fever 333 | Leoniden | While She Sleeps | BHZ | Clutch | Blond

The above acts are also around at the festivals where Biffy Clyro will also play.

FM4 Frequency Festival officially announced that they postponed their "Line-up Phase 2" announcement for the end of January because some international acts decided to announce their shows (including Frequency) in 2020.

However they will announce some hip hop acts on Wednesday, but I guess those will be only filler acts on their line-up.

I think we should also expect the Sziget acts for January.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

4 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

FM4 Frequency Festival officially announced that they postponed their "Line-up Phase 2" announcement for the end of January because some international acts decided to announce their shows (including Frequency) in 2020.

However they will announce some hip hop acts on Wednesday, but I guess those will be only filler acts on their line-up.

I think we should also expect the Sziget acts for January.

I think The Weeknd's new album will come out in January and after that he should announce tour, right? So I think Sziget is waiting for that

4 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think most of us will be also happy with these news... Maroon 5 will be touring in North America during Sziget, so it's very unlikely for them to show up. :D

They were actually my headliner 'wild card'. Not somebody I wanted to see but a 'big' act that the festival might have been holding out for. I guess that idea's scuppered!

So, I know we've done this a million times but we're clearly not going to get anything now until well into January. Who's left that might actually be around in Europe in August 2020?

The Weeknd seems a strong rumour. As does Bon Iver (sadly).

RHCP and The Killers look possible, if not probable.

Taylor Swift appears less likely now but Justin Timberlake appears to be on the cusp of being announced for Coachella for a potential festival tour to follow.

Brit-wise, Foals, Kasabian and Liam are all around.

EDM headliner seems to be AVB almost guaranteed.

Thing is, if Taylor isn't there, we are lacking a female head. Might be Billie Eilish but beyond that I'm stumped. Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Thing is, if Taylor isn't there, we are lacking a female head. Might be Billie Eilish but beyond that I'm stumped. Thoughts?

I see that Lady Gaga's North American tour ends in May, so she might be possible if she will announce a European tour too.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

They were actually my headliner 'wild card'. Not somebody I wanted to see but a 'big' act that the festival might have been holding out for. I guess that idea's scuppered!

So, I know we've done this a million times but we're clearly not going to get anything now until well into January. Who's left that might actually be around in Europe in August 2020?

The Weeknd seems a strong rumour. As does Bon Iver (sadly).

RHCP and The Killers look possible, if not probable.

Taylor Swift appears less likely now but Justin Timberlake appears to be on the cusp of being announced for Coachella for a potential festival tour to follow.

Brit-wise, Foals, Kasabian and Liam are all around.

EDM headliner seems to be AVB almost guaranteed.

Everything looks correct, but we lack of an hip hop name and at least one female name.

Considering the "standard" lineup they pulled out in recent years:

Big Pop Name: Justin Timberlake (or Lady Gaga or whoever)

Small Pop Name / English Name / Wildcard:  

EDM: Armin Van Buuren (+)

Indie Name: Bon Iver (+)

Hip Hop Name:

Big R&B Name: The Weeknd (+)

Rock Name: The Killers / RHCP

I don't really believe Billie will be thrown in the mix as she has no dates in the period, but the release of the new album could shut me up real good and she would fit the Small Pop Name - she also would blink to the english audience if opened by an English-statused headliner (like a Gallagher, The Libertines, Foals or Kasabian). 

About the Hip Hop name, this has to be a major concern, as both KL and Posty had major positive reactions at the announcement and (awkwardly enough for Post Malone) also positive reviews by the general audience. I still point my finger at Travis Scott as I reckon that Tyler should be touring in early summer and also he is not that big to headliner a day without having critics at the announcement, Travis Scott on the other hand would seal the deal, like it or not, (and then he would probably retire from the fest three days prior the performance as for usual).

Bon Iver, AVB and The Weeknd looks nailed for what concerns me.

Now, on a personal note, this lineup would leave me unimpressed at best and I would look for the undercards, but looking at the latest booking for the smaller names, I would have an hard time to define this lineup competitive in the circuit (although as we already mentioned, the festival has no real competition in the time it plays), and for the second ear in a row it would depend on gimmicks, like Ed Sheeran or Foo Fighters+21P

35 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Everything looks correct, but we lack of an hip hop name and at least one female name.

Considering the "standard" lineup they pulled out in recent years:

Big Pop Name: Justin Timberlake (or Lady Gaga or whoever)

Small Pop Name / English Name / Wildcard:  

EDM: Armin Van Buuren (+)

Indie Name: Bon Iver (+)

Hip Hop Name:

Big R&B Name: The Weeknd (+)

Rock Name: The Killers / RHCP

I don't really believe Billie will be thrown in the mix as she has no dates in the period, but the release of the new album could shut me up real good and she would fit the Small Pop Name - she also would blink to the english audience if opened by an English-statused headliner (like a Gallagher, The Libertines, Foals or Kasabian). 

About the Hip Hop name, this has to be a major concern, as both KL and Posty had major positive reactions at the announcement and (awkwardly enough for Post Malone) also positive reviews by the general audience. I still point my finger at Travis Scott as I reckon that Tyler should be touring in early summer and also he is not that big to headliner a day without having critics at the announcement, Travis Scott on the other hand would seal the deal, like it or not, (and then he would probably retire from the fest three days prior the performance as for usual).

Bon Iver, AVB and The Weeknd looks nailed for what concerns me.

Now, on a personal note, this lineup would leave me unimpressed at best and I would look for the undercards, but looking at the latest booking for the smaller names, I would have an hard time to define this lineup competitive in the circuit (although as we already mentioned, the festival has no real competition in the time it plays), and for the second ear in a row it would depend on gimmicks, like Ed Sheeran or Foo Fighters+21P

Great summary Yelo. I think you are right in what you say but we are definitely missing the 'big' name that everyone has heard of. Along the lines of the previously announced Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters, Rihanna, Pink.

For example, we are coming with four 15-year-old girls and they know The Weeknd but have never heard of Bon Iver or AVB.

Lady Gaga would knock it out of the park but not if she isn't touring! Suspect that Travis will be a certainty.

I would be distraught if The Libertines are booked as headliner over Foals. Do Libertines have any following in Europe? Even their following in the UK has diminished quite considerably in recent years. I would class Foals, Kasabian and LG much bigger nowadays.

how about drake?

he is hugh on streaming but the latest show showed us he isnt that the hype didnt sticked even in the states so in europe for sure.

i think he's a hugh name for a festival and a solo show wouldnt sale out so a full show at a festival will fill he's ego and sell a festival ticket.

win win for sziget and drake

On 12/16/2019 at 8:23 PM, dolevshelly said:

how about drake?

he is hugh on streaming but the latest show showed us he isnt that the hype didnt sticked even in the states so in europe for sure.

i think he's a hugh name for a festival and a solo show wouldnt sale out so a full show at a festival will fill he's ego and sell a festival ticket.

win win for sziget and drake

his own show would surely sell out he is massive? maybe not at €120 euros but at a better prize similar to a sziget day ticket it would

When will they announce any names? Looking back over the years they change it a lot, but a few announcements have been made at the end of January and this would tie in with FM4 Frequency Festival and a few others.  From my original guess work I have scored out a few. AJ, Lewis, one Gallagher, Keane/Faithless/ Kaisers/Harry/Pet Shop Boys/ Elbow/ Foals/Kasabian/Biffy/Thom Yorke Sia/Ellie/Grande As for the headliner I can see them going for some off these KOL/Coldplay/ RHCP, Ellish/Robbie/ Lambert&Queen/Rap act.

I think stick ons are Ellish, Gallagher brother, Bon Iver and scored a few out that are not here, busy or I just don’t think they will be about.

38 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

When will they announce any names? Looking back over the years they change it a lot, but a few announcements have been made at the end of January and this would tie in with FM4 Frequency Festival and a few others.  From my original guess work I have scored out a few. AJ, Lewis, one Gallagher, Keane/Faithless/ Kaisers/Harry/Pet Shop Boys/ Elbow/ Foals/Kasabian/Biffy/Thom Yorke Sia/Ellie/Grande As for the headliner I can see them going for some off these KOL/Coldplay/ RHCP, Ellish/Robbie/ Lambert&Queen/Rap act.

I think stick ons are Ellish, Gallagher brother, Bon Iver and scored a few out that are not here, busy or I just don’t think they will be about.

Pretty sure I've read/heard that Noel G is taking 2020 off so suspect it'll be Liam - especially as he's headlining Latitude in mid-July and R&L at end of August so he's definitely about.

I've made my bewilderment about the popularity of Bon Iver quite clear on numerous occasions but I am resigned to the fact that they appear a near certainty. Sadly.

I'm not convinced that Coldplay won't be playing a few festival dates. I know they won't be doing a 90-date tour of the world but I wouldn't be surprised by a few one offs.

Still think that Travis Scott is very likely and fingers crossed we get Taylor Swift - she has a massive back-catalogue of absolute bangers.

If Billie Eilish plays she'll need a very strong sub or a co-headliner. Her shows are only about 50mins and mainly very slow songs.

Think RHCP would be a great booking with Frusciante back, suspect they'll mainly focus on their output when he was a member (ie the good stuff). 

• Upvote 1