Sziget 2020

jj200

On 11/20/2019 at 9:07 PM, ReljaGajić said:

Last Thursday tickest went on sale, tomorrow (which is also Thursday) the video with a wheelchair guy who broke the guitar at the Foo Fighters concert is coming out, so my guess is that next Thursday we're gonna get first names ??‍♂️??

Same day as Volt than? 

Just flicking through last year's forum and note that the big announcement (FF, 21P, Flo etc) took place on 27 November (Ed already being announced about 8 weeks earlier).

So, I think it's safe to assume that something is incoming shortly.

Apart from Bon Iver (boo, hiss), do we have any indications at all of other potential headliners? July festivals are all announcing - do we think Sziget might be holding out with some exclusives?

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Just flicking through last year's forum and note that the big announcement (FF, 21P, Flo etc) took place on 27 November (Ed already being announced about 8 weeks earlier).

So, I think it's safe to assume that something is incoming shortly.

Apart from Bon Iver (boo, hiss), do we have any indications at all of other potential headliners? July festivals are all announcing - do we think Sziget might be holding out with some exclusives?

Don't think Sziget really do exclusives do they, certainly not European wide ones.  You would imagine it would not be to much different from reading/lowlands headliners, except with a dance dj or 2.

Edited by thetime
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

Don't think Sziget really do exclusives do they, certainly not European wide ones.  You would imagine it would not be to much different from reading/lowlands headliners, except with a dance dj or 2.

Well, they do sometines tho. KoL 15 was an exclusive, and Ed Sheeran last year did his only festival appearance at Sziget (Firenze Rock ain't a festival, we all' know that).

Having said this, I don't think Sziget gas exclusives of that kind this year... August's circuit is not on yet, Simply.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:45 PM, glavakpeti said:

A Hungarian guy who works close to the festival scene made a list about the artists who might come to the major festivals in Hungary. He also said that we can expect a small surprise at 14th November. 

(As he said these are just possibilities but in the previous years he got quite good tips) 

Screenshot_20191109-213331.png

Volt released first announcement today and it included Lenny Kravitz and Yungblud so there could be something in this.

Which is a shame as I'm not excited by any of the names allocated to Sziget!

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Volt released first announcement today and it included Lenny Kravitz and Yungblud so there could be something in this.

Which is a shame as I'm not excited by any of the names allocated to Sziget!

They are just some acts touring in Europe +- one week from these festivals. Not much announcement in August yet, that's why that list looks like this so nothing to worry about. You'll probably see one or two of them in the actual lineup though. 

25 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Why's that?

The classic Budapest show outsider the fest...

25 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I thought that The Killers were likely tbh but does Mad Cool announcement make them less likely?

Mmmh they shared Arctic Monkeys and free others in '18. I'd say that It does not influence atm

1 hour ago, glavakpeti said:

New possibilities for Sziget. 

What do you think about these? 

Screenshot_20191126-201151.png

Never got to see Iggy Pop so I'd be very happy for him to play, same with Pixies.

James Bay only has two songs, doesn't he?

Wolfmother and Zara Larsson would be good fun, as would Sigrid (seen her twice before).

I'm not 14 so Lewis Capaldi is of little interest and that's about it, I don't know much about any of the others (apart from Khalid being announced all over the place at the moment).

Jut a shame that whoever is leaking these acts doesn't have access to the good stuff - are any of those mentioned even at sub level?

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

Just now, billybigballs said:

Messaged Sziget today asking when their announcement us coming. Their response? "Soon".

Come on guys, everyone is announcing. Give us SOMETHING!! 

We must be waiting on a big act, mustn't we? Who could that be?

Taylor Swift?

Justin Timberlake?

Coldplay?

Pearl Jam?

Lady Gaga?

Swift will be in Europe in the beginning of the summer, so we can lure her out I guess. Also there is a strong rumor about Pearl Jam playing in Budapest in July, so we can rule them out as well. No tour dates in August for the others, so we'll have to wait. 

5 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Messaged Sziget today asking when their announcement us coming. Their response? "Soon".

Come on guys, everyone is announcing. Give us SOMETHING!! 

We must be waiting on a big act, mustn't we? Who could that be?

Taylor Swift?

Justin Timberlake?

Coldplay?

Pearl Jam?

Lady Gaga?

Coldplay won't tour they announced that, 

Also Strand Festival announced new names, and Strand is Sziget's festival and it's happening after Sziget (18-22 August) so idk when Sziget will announce something, but i'm hoping soon ??, and my guesses are Billie Eilish, The Weeknd, Tame Impala, Khalid, Rhcp, Bmth