Sziget 2020

jj200

9 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

My Chemical Romance for the 'rock' headliners anyone? They just announced their reunion and their first gig in years!

They were never that popular in this part of Europe (or any outside of the UK). I mean, they were known for sure but they were just another emo band, they weren't THE band. They headlined Volt with Moby, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner, Pendulum and 30stm back in 2011. 

I'm not sure if the reunion can give them a good enough boost 

16 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

They were never that popular in this part of Europe (or any outside of the UK). I mean, they were known for sure but they were just another emo band, they weren't THE band. They headlined Volt with Moby, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner, Pendulum and 30stm back in 2011. 

I'm not sure if the reunion can give them a good enough boost 

Riunion always brings some nostalgia booster tho.

Surely in England they will headline, on the continent I am not sure but at the same time I hardly believe they will accept a minor spot - Id go for something similar to At the Drive In Réunion in terms of influence

I'm biased for sure as they were an highlight of my teenager years but I am pretty sure that in Italy they would sold out a medium-sized arena in matter of hours (as Avril Lavigne did, and I mean, Avril Lavigne...)

Has Sziget ever had a headliner that's anywhere near as heavy as Slipknot? Not sure there's much crossover between Slipknot fans and whatever other acts are likely to be booked.

MCR are meant to be playing Mad Cool and Rock Werchter according to rumours elsewhere on this site. I'm in the UK and they were big here for a short while, but with a very specific demographic. There, again, wasn't a massive crossover into the mainstream, nor have they left much of a legacy here imho.

They were seen very much as an emo band and those who weren't into that scene tended not to dip their toe into its waters. They will play arenas with 12k capacity here but would having them on the bill at Sziget attract people from the UK to make the journey? I have my doubts.

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Riunion always brings some nostalgia booster tho.

Surely in England they will headline, on the continent I am not sure but at the same time I hardly believe they will accept a minor spot - Id go for something similar to At the Drive In Réunion in terms of influence

I'm biased for sure as they were an highlight of my teenager years but I am pretty sure that in Italy they would sold out a medium-sized arena in matter of hours (as Avril Lavigne did, and I mean, Avril Lavigne...)

People aren't sure for the R&L headline slot in those forums, so not a chance for Sziget

I'm kind of surprised that MCR are not regarded as that big in the rest of Europe... I thought that they could be big enough to headline Sziget because they have almost 11M likes on Facebook, 4M more than Arctic Monkeys who headlined Sziget 2 years ago. However, they have less Twitter followers than AM (1.24M vs. 1.7M).

Furthermore, I think that both bands have a similar average age in their "fan base" and AM basically also did a kind of a comeback tour (despite they were only on a hiatus) when they played Sziget 2 years ago.

Now let's see what happens. Can't wait for the first names (and also for more tour announcements from other acts)! :D

Edit: Well, it looks like Rage Against The Machine are reuniting too!

Edited by #1SzigetFan

I'm enjoying the way that Mad Cool is announcing it's new acts each day by teasing a clue the day before. Works really well.

That said, it's making me jealous that they, and others, are announcing acts already and hope that Sziget start doing the same soon.

They seven of us who are going in 2020 have a get together planned for 30 November. I hope something will have been announced by then.

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm enjoying the way that Mad Cool is announcing it's new acts each day by teasing a clue the day before. Works really well.

That said, it's making me jealous that they, and others, are announcing acts already and hope that Sziget start doing the same soon.

They seven of us who are going in 2020 have a get together planned for 30 November. I hope something will have been announced by then.

Unlikely. The whole circuit of late july and august is motionless... I reckon we will have to wait for a month, maybe two, before having some concrete idea about what is going on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Unlikely. The whole circuit of late july and august is motionless... I reckon we will have to wait for a month, maybe two, before having some concrete idea about what is going on.

I'm going for a couple of weeks before tickets are announced and a headliner or 2.

They've always had tickets on sale in November, so dan not be to far away.

29 minutes ago, nekkhab said:

€299 for Szitizen Prime only for 24 hours

image.thumb.png.40ada8536a49cbec32ff658b9d9de08a.png

I would love to take advantage of Prime but don't get paid until 15 November. Aaargh! Is there a set number of tickets allocated to this (can it sell out?) or should I be okay to buy mine at, say, 6am on the 15th?

Edited by swelsbyuk

I don't think they have a set amount and they will try and get as much cash in as early as possible. 

Just a gimmick to get people to buy early before they know who is coming. As I have flights and accommodation book I am falling for this cheap gimmick and getting mine in my credit card and worry about the costs later ?

I think that's a good price for the amount of days and I just hope for a decent line up

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dude111 said:

they added a vip tickets for 600 euros.

its says there will be an exclusive vip areas at major venues.

i wonder if its the same as every year or some weird closed area infront of the stage (like mad cool 2018)...

Having those VIP areas at front of stage pretty much ruin every gig - they are always half-full. If that's what it is, it will be the last time we visit Sziget.

Just now, swelsbyuk said:

Having those VIP areas at front of stage pretty much ruin every gig - they are always half-full. If that's what it is, it will be the last time we visit Sziget.

I suspect it will just be the ability to use that closed bar area to the left of the main stage. Can’t see them shifting enough at 600 a pop for a section at front of stage.