Sziget 2020

jj200

17 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Now we know that BMTH are around in August. 
FEVER 333 could be a good shout for a38, absolutely mad live shows. 

A73DDEE3-DB28-4284-9573-9A0C02E390CF.jpeg

BMTH for the Main

Beatsteaks, Zebrahead for the A38

Fever 333, Giant Rooks for the Europe

I'd be cool with that

14 hours ago, eivomracsy said:

a38 slot like wanda, bilderbuch or marteria in the last years i guess. 

are bmth big enough to headline a day? i mean, they did head some fests in britain and that was the focus in the last years

Maybe a co-head in a british day. I would definetely would kill for a BMTH - Foals combo.

17 hours ago, eivomracsy said:

a38 slot like wanda, bilderbuch or marteria in the last years i guess. 

are bmth big enough to headline a day? i mean, they did head some fests in britain and that was the focus in the last years

Not a chance - they headlined just all points east and it sold awfully they had to give away about half the tickets. Sub headline at best but when compared to some of the ones sziget have in Hungary possibly not even that

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not a chance - they headlined just all points east and it sold awfully they had to give away about half the tickets. Sub headline at best but when compared to some of the ones sziget have in Hungary possibly not even that

Agree with this 100% - nowhere near big enough to headline. That All Points East fiasco did them no favours at all. Mind you, they also did something similar (2 for 1?) on the days Mumford and Sons and Christine and the Queens headlined. The quickest sellout was, iirc, The Chemical Brothers and The Strokes.

But having your tickets given away for free is a little bit embarrassing for BMTH.

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Agree with this 100% - nowhere near big enough to headline. That All Points East fiasco did them no favours at all. Mind you, they also did something similar (2 for 1?) on the days Mumford and Sons and Christine and the Queens headlined. The quickest sellout was, iirc, The Chemical Brothers and The Strokes.

But having your tickets given away for free is a little bit embarrassing for BMTH.

Chems didn't sell out - it almost did but a few were given away right at the end. None of the other days were even that close i'm pretty sure. Christine/BMTH were the worst selling by a mile and Mumford may have sold out if it wasn't for the big England game that day.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, gfa said:

Chems didn't sell out - it almost did but a few were given away right at the end. None of the other days were even that close i'm pretty sure. Christine/BMTH were the worst selling by a mile and Mumford may have sold out if it wasn't for the big England game that day.

The only days APE ever sold out were the Nick Cave (last year) and Strokes days (this year) or am I wrong? 

Just now, lighthouse said:

The only days APE ever sold out were the Nick Cave (last year) and Strokes days (this year) or am I wrong? 

That is correct. Chemical Brothers practically sold out though I am pretty sure

22 hours ago, thetime said:

Flights and hotel booked, now just need the festival tickets to come on sale.

Can not be to long now. ?

We are seriously looking into this, I was tempted by last year's but couldn't convince others. 

What are the exact dates I'd need to book a hotel for? And fly to Budapest? Then is it just a festival ticket I'd need and you can come and go as you please?

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

We are seriously looking into this, I was tempted by last year's but couldn't convince others. 

What are the exact dates I'd need to book a hotel for? And fly to Budapest? Then is it just a festival ticket I'd need and you can come and go as you please?

Look at the past clashfinder and find out how the lineup is spread through the week; then look at the tickets choices, it's up to you. I've never done more than 4 days, for me it's enough :)

Yes, you can go in/out as you want. 

I always went by car so I can't help you. 

3 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Look at the past clashfinder and find out how the lineup is spread through the week; then look at the tickets choices, it's up to you. I've never done more than 4 days, for me it's enough :)

Yes, you can go in/out as you want. 

I always went by car so I can't help you. 

Cheers, I've tried to look at the way it's set out and it confused me! ? That was via the website, so I'll have another look - thanks again.

Flying would be my only option, but I didn't realise a hotel would be realistic over camping.

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers, I've tried to look at the way it's set out and it confused me! ? That was via the website, so I'll have another look - thanks again.

Flying would be my only option, but I didn't realise a hotel would be realistic over camping.

If you wamt to stay in apartment I suggest the Jewish quarter, it is in the very center. Budapest is quite cheap so it's a good option to stay in apartment if you want to be more relaxed and comfortable. 

41 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Well we are getting there on the Monday, festival proper starts on the Wednesday. Festival music starts on Wednesday 5th August with the last day of music the following tuesday. 

We've found a hotel less than 2 miles away and just a few stops on the train at a reasonable price. 

Edited by thetime

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Well we are getting there on the Monday, festival proper starts on the Wednesday. Festival music starts on Wednesday 5th August with the last day of music the following tuesday. 

We've found a hotel less than 2 miles away and just a few stops on the train at a reasonable price. 

I've just found really reasonable flights, and a good AirBnB. It's definitely a realistic option... my mates won't book as they're hedging their bets on the Glastonbury resale due to their annual leave allocation.

7 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Any further thoughts on this year's headliners?

Do we think Sziget might be the one European festival which doesn't have Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish appearing? ?

Any chance twenty one pilots might come back as proper headliner this year?

They recently posted:

The Hype was amazing live by twenty one pilots at Sziget this August! ?

Would love to see more of them or other artists next year at Sziget? 

Could that be pointing to 21P coming back? 

Slowly starting to think no Billy and Taylor this year or at least not both, Sziget can't have the same lineup as most other similar festivals. 

Maybe Coldplay? Lorde? Imagine Dragons, Stromae? 

10 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Do we think Sziget might be the one European festival which doesn't have Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish appearing? ?

Oh god, hell no.

IMHO no TayTay - Billie Eilish looks to be less and less likely, but I'd wait until the august circuit starts to release some names. So far we literally have 0 idea about what is going there.

On the other hand, Tame Impala released a new single and no dates released yet...

On 10/29/2019 at 10:41 PM, swelsbyuk said:

Imo i'm not sure about Taylor bc she's in America at the beginning of August nex year, idk about Billie, i was thinking more about Coldplay as they have new album coming out at 22nd November or maybe Tame Impala, he will drop a new album on February 14th, also i was thinking about Halsey (she announced a tour and two new songs) and Melanie Martinez (she's touring currently) of course not as headlliners ? those are my hopes ??

10 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Imo i'm not sure about Taylor bc she's in America at the beginning of August nex year, idk about Billie, i was thinking more about Coldplay as they have new album coming out at 22nd November or maybe Tame Impala, he will drop a new album on February 14th, also i was thinking about Halsey (she announced a tour and two new songs) and Melanie Martinez (she's touring currently) of course not as headlliners ? those are my hopes ??

There's talk of Justin Timberlake being about next summer after potentially headlining Coachella at Easter. If they want a big pop performer then he would probably challenge Taylor in that dept. Can't say I'm a fan of either but suspect JT would put on a good show, whereas I would probably know more TS songs.

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

There's talk of Justin Timberlake being about next summer after potentially headlining Coachella at Easter. If they want a big pop performer then he would probably challenge Taylor in that dept. Can't say I'm a fan of either but suspect JT would put on a good show, whereas I would probably know more TS songs.

Gimme the Sexyback and nobody gets hurt lmao

• Upvote 1

Just now, ReljaGajić said:

So basically Mad Cool Festival in Spain announced their first wave of acts, and there's Taylor Swift, Tove Lo, Billie Eilish, Alt J, Wolf Alice, Twenty One Pilots and Pixies, thoughts? What could headline at Sziget? ?

No one from this list; Taylor probably won't come back from States to play just one more european show, TOP headlined this year. Billie is the only possibility, but she played August festivals this year and her tour is pretty intense, so she could end it with two UK shows in the end of July. Others are not a headline material for Sziget.

31 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

So basically Mad Cool Festival in Spain announced their first wave of acts, and there's Taylor Swift, Tove Lo, Billie Eilish, Alt J, Wolf Alice, Twenty One Pilots and Pixies, thoughts? What could headline at Sziget? ?

Pixies in the a38 would be good against a pop headliner on the main. 

Edited by thetime