Sziget 2020

jj200

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Her last scheduled show for now is on 1st of August, so never say never...

I'd be more surprised if we didn't get her tbh.

In recent years they've always had a huge female headliner, from Florence to Dua Lipa to Rihanna to Pink. Tbh, if they don't get either Taylor, Ariana or Miley this year I'm struggling to think who it could be.

Not sure Billie Eilish is big enough or has enough material, I'd be surprised if Beyoncé was solo touring and Gaga is pretty quiet at the moment too.

Edited by swelsbyuk

21 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Tbh, if they don't get either Taylor, Ariana or Miley this year I'm struggling to think who it could be.

I would love ABBA or Adele, but some more realistic choices to be added to that list are Cardi B, Camila Cabello, Halsey, Nicki Minaj, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez and Katy Perry.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

In recent years they've always had a huge female headliner, from Florence to Dua Lipa to Rihanna to Pink. Tbh, if they don't get either Taylor, Ariana or Miley this year I'm struggling to think who it could be.

Not sure Billie Eilish is big enough or has enough material, I'd be surprised if Beyoncé was solo touring and Gaga is pretty quiet at the moment too.

I'd be really keen to Billie Eilish, or if really we have to pick someone else, I'd go for Beyoncé (big as Ed Sheeran) or Miley Cyrus (surprising set at Glasto).

I honestly hope and believe that they won't follow that unbalanced way of making the lineup: Sziget can't go for artsists big as Ed Sheeran without compromising the rest of the lineup (this year provided a proof in this sense, having more budget but gathering 30k less than in 2018), and the fact that they sold out - if I'm correct - that only day of 7 of festival, should make them think about the overall appealling of the other days and the combination to promote the 3 days ticket.

11 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I don't think she'll return to Europe in August when here in June.

Just received this in the newsletter... here is the official survey regarding your Sziget 2020 acts wishlist! You can enter only 5 acts, sadly. Previous years you could add 10.

My list:

1. Paul Simon
2. Rammstein
3. Tool
4. Eagles of Death Metal
5. Childish Gambino

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2019 at 2:11 PM, activean said:

Would take SOAD but i guess too heavy for Sziget

Are they tho? They're one of those heavier crossover bands that do have a lot of mainstream popularity. For example, I can't see Avanged Sevenfold, Def Leppard or Tool headlining Sziget, not even Iron Maiden, but I'd say SOAD does appeal to a much wider demographic. Would still be a risky booking tho.

Anyway, I can't see those guys spending the whole summer in Europe. Pretty sure they'll be done before August.

7 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Are they tho? They're one of those heavier crossover bands that do have a lot of mainstream popularity. For example, I can't see Avanged Sevenfold, Def Leppard or Tool headlining Sziget, not even Iron Maiden, but I'd say SOAD does appeal to a much wider demographic. Would still be a risky booking tho.

Anyway, I can't see those guys spending the whole summer in Europe. Pretty sure they'll be done before August

IMHO they are definitely too heavy to headline Sziget. 

On 9/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, swelsbyuk said:

I was at Billie Eilish concert three months ago and even if she doesn't have enough material, the show took about 80 minutes, so everything is possible.

When you think that the interpret doesn't have material to fill the 90 minutes slot, always remember Lana Del Rey shooking hand with fans for 20 minutes! :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lukatej said:

I was at Billie Eilish concert three months ago and even if she doesn't have enough material, the show took about 80 minutes, so everything is possible.

When you think that the interpret doesn't have material to fill the 90 minutes slot, always remember Lana Del Rey shooking hand with fans for 20 minutes! :)

Please I'm trying to go beyond that moment

2 hours ago, lukatej said:

She's still doing it. I was at Latitude this year when her 90 minute headline slot lasted for less than 70 minutes, including 10 minutes of signing gifts and chatting with fans on the front row. However, this wasn't at the end of the set, it was about twenty minutes in.

By the time her set finished at least a third of the audience had left. 

21 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Just received this in the newsletter... here is the official survey regarding your Sziget 2020 acts wishlist! You can enter only 5 acts, sadly. Previous years you could add 10.

My list:

1. Paul Simon
2. Rammstein
3. Tool
4. Eagles of Death Metal
5. Childish Gambino

billie eilish

the killers

lizzo

denis lloyd

calvin harris

Just a quick note to say that is the flights up from the lower priced carries Ryanair, EasyJet and Whizz Air for next year. That’s me booked my flights and they worked out cheaper than two years ago. Done my 5 KOL, Kasabian, Biffy, Blossom and the Killers.  I also see Elbow, the Pet Shop Boys and Stereophonics have announced a tour for next year so there could be one of them coming along. I think that is Taylor Swift and Green Day ruled out as they are back in the US.

Edited by Davidoff
  • Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:42 AM, Davidoff said:

Just a quick note to say that is the flights up from the lower priced carries Ryanair, EasyJet and Whizz Air for next year. That’s me booked my flights and they worked out cheaper than two years ago. Done my 5 KOL, Kasabian, Biffy, Blossom and the Killers.  I also see Elbow, the Pet Shop Boys and Stereophonics have announced a tour for next year so there could be one of them coming along. I think that is Taylor Swift and Green Day ruled out as they are back in the US.

Flights booked and paid for. Accommodation booked and 50-per-cent paid for. Now we jut need tickets and acts!!

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 1:42 AM, Davidoff said:

Flights are still quite pricey, usually start getting the deals November time. 

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Fair play, still around 250 direct from Heathrow to Budapest. Usually get them for around £160 November time.

It's worth looking at flying into and out of Vienna. We did it this year for around £55 per person (easyjet from Luton) and then return train ticket from Vienna to Budapest was £24. Had a couple of nights in Vienna to break up the trip too - stunning city.