Sziget 2020

jj200

On 8/23/2019 at 2:05 PM, swelsbyuk said:

The after-festival questionnaire for FIB - Benicassim is asking punters to choose which international band they might like to see next year in 2020. These are the options being provided:

The Killers
Twenty One Pilots
Two Door Cinema Club
Alt J
Florence and the Machine
Post Malone
Neil Young
Bon Iver
The Hives
Biffy Clyro
Tom Odell
Of Monsters And Men
Crystal Fighters
Foster The People
Clean Bandit
Lewis Capaldi
Foals
Die Antwoord
Passion Pit
Bloc Party
The Kooks
Imagine Dragons
Phoenix
Panic At The Disco
Years & Years
Kaiser Chiefs
Bastille
Cut Copy
Hot Chip
Liam Gallagher
MGMT
Billie Eilish
Anne-Marie
Dua Lipa
Rita Ora
Ellie Goulding
Zara Larsson
Cage The Elephant
Halsey
Mabel
Vampire Weekend
Tove Lo
Chance The Rapper
AJ Tracey
Mark Ronson
Troye Sivan
Becky Hill
Royal Blood
Kasabian
Kodaline
Franz Ferdinand
Keane
Snow Patrol
The Black Keys
Green Day
Mumford & Sons
HAIM
Depeche Mode
Pearl Jam
Wilco
Tame Impala
Empire of the Sun
The Vaccines
Wolf Alice
James Bay
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters
Garbage
Mac Demarco
The Libertines
21 savage
Craig David
The Rapture
The Script
Glass Animals
Metronomy
The Lumineers
Mura Masa
Jorga Smith
Futureheads
Charlie Puth
Hozier
Tom Walker
Yo La Tengo
Warpaint
Snoop Dogg
Slaves
Sam Smith
Lizzo
Bazzi
Khalid
Stormzy
Dominic Fike
Aitch
Joel Corry
Lil Tecca
Burna Boy
Lil Nas X
Dermot Kennedy
Normani
Supergrass
Elbow
Thom Yorke
Radiohead
Macklemore

Stormzy! 

On 8/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, Davidoff said:

I was at Bennicasim this year and they done the same thing through social networks and only a few that they had put on the list came to the Festival. It just seems to be a marketing ploy. As much as I loved Benni I plan to return to Sziegt after a year out.  As for the line-up I think they will try and get a big name again for the first night and possible the last night to help the 7-day tickets. They had Pink Kendrick the years before.

I am going to have go for a few that I think will play and maybe a few I hope as well. Biffy have a new album and could be there. Lewis Capaldi/ Gerry Cinnamon would cheap and be a big pull. I think there will be a big female act and we could see Dua back or possibly Sia/Rita/Mable or someone along those lines. Dua pulled in the crowd a few years ago for someone who was only half way up most other festivals. From Benni that I seen this year I would take Blossom, KOL, Gerry and the Hunna were all good. DJ wise Fat Boy slim could come and be okay. I could also see George Ezra come back.

If KOL don’t play I could see the Killers/RHCP or the Black keys. I think there is a good change that Bastille/Kooks/AJ Tracy/Dave/Wolf Alice/One of the Gallagher’s/Stormzy and Imagine dragons will be there. I cannot see Fleetwood Mac/ Macartney or a huge name like that there as it would take away a large chunk off the budget.

My personal hope is for Kasabian/ Lewis Capaldi/ Gerry Cinnamion/One of the Gallaher’s/ Wolf Alice/ P Weller/Killers/BIffy and Blossom.

Thats 8 nights? Not that Gerry, Lewis, Wolf Alice and probably Paul Weller could even headline - in the UK let alone Hungary except Paul Weller.

Yelo, your right as I said its a few that I think will play as well as a few that I hope will play and I don't think any any could headliner apart from Weller. I did not say that they would be headliners but just hopefully playing at some stage. In saying that Dua Lipa and Sean were head line acts 2 years ago :( 

2 hours ago, OllieR said:

My predictions

Headliners

tame impala

george Ezra 

Travis scott

Biffy clyro 

killers

calvin Harris 

lorde 

Billie Eilish 

foals

Also performing maybe;

Vampire weekend, snow patrol, elbow, Lewis capaldi, Tom Walker, Becky hill, editors, bears den, vaccines. 

Thats 9 headliners - also george ezra isn’r touring

3 hours ago, OllieR said:

My predictions

Headliners

tame impala

george Ezra 

Travis scott

Biffy clyro 

killers

calvin Harris 

lorde 

Billie Eilish 

foals

Also performing maybe;

Vampire weekend, snow patrol, elbow, Lewis capaldi, Tom Walker, Becky hill, editors, bears den, vaccines. 

You name all likely names, but yet I reckon this lineup of headliners would be too unbalanced. This being said:

Tame Impala

Killers (or some other big rock band)

Calvin Harris

Billie Eilish + Foals

Lorde + Biffy Clyro

Travis Scott

Another one big name (as George Ezra is not touring)

Is a likely lineup. So let us wait and see

9 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

You name all likely names, but yet I reckon this lineup of headliners would be too unbalanced. This being said:

Tame Impala

Killers (or some other big rock band)

Calvin Harris

Billie Eilish + Foals

Lorde + Biffy Clyro

Travis Scott

Another one big name (as George Ezra is not touring)

Is a likely lineup. So let us wait and see

I like this a lot myself and across the board it is quite strong but I would expect another massive name. Killers are big but small - especially in Hungary - in comparison to Foos/Sheeran. Maybe RHCP or Coldplay to be swapped with Tame or the George Ezra slot.

8 hours ago, gfa said:

I like this a lot myself and across the board it is quite strong but I would expect another massive name. Killers are big but small - especially in Hungary - in comparison to Foos/Sheeran. Maybe RHCP or Coldplay to be swapped with Tame or the George Ezra slot.

Agreed, a great line-up, but definitely needs that 'wow' factor adding. It's a bit short on big hitters. From a UK perspective, there's only The Killers on that list that could sell out a stadium. Whereas this year we had Ed, Foos and (potentially) Florence.

Think the addition of one of: RHCP, Green Day, Eminem, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Coldplay or similar - ie a 'mega' act - is needed to provide the 'wow' factor. That's assuming they want the 'wow' factor - that's the approach they took this year I feel.

Edited by swelsbyuk

35 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

That's assuming they want the 'wow' factor - that's the approach they took this year I feel.

I guess they want it because I don't think they want to repeat 2017 when they had

P!nk with Billy Talent as sub

Wiz Khalifa / Biffy Clyro

Kasabian / PJ Harvey

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

The Chainsmokers

Major Lazer with Two Door Cinema Club subbing

Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike with alt-J subbing

...and they didn't sell too well because they had only P!nk as "wow" factor & you can see Macklemore + those DJs almost yearly and almost everywhere.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

32 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I guess they want it because I don't think they want to repeat 2017 when they had

P!nk with Billy Talent as sub

Wiz Khalifa / Biffy Clyro

Kasabian / PJ Harvey

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

The Chainsmokers

Major Lazer with Two Door Cinema Club subbing

Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike with alt-J subbing

...and they didn't sell too well because they had only P!nk as "wow" factor & you can see Macklemore + those DJs almost yearly and almost everywhere.

Still having nightmares about that day I woke up in Dallas, Texas expecting Eminem to be announced and I got The Chainsmokers...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, activean said:

What about Muse, they could do fests around Europe as part of Stimulation theory tour? :)

I really hope not. I am told they are excellent live but, to me, they're like a joke that I just don't understand.

I would be very disappointed if the 'wow' factor act is Muse as they are the only one of those types of acts already mentioned that I wouldn't enjoy.

In other news, these are the odds for Glastonbury 2020 headliners, could we see any of these at Sziget?

Elton John – 6/4
Fleetwood Mac – 6/4
Coldplay – 5/2
Paul McCartney – 3/1
The 1975 – 3/1
Foals – 10/3
Arctic Monkeys – 7/2
Blur – 7/2
The Kinks – 7/2
Madonna – 4/1
Ariana Grande – 9/2
The Smiths – 9/2
Kendrick Lamar – 7/1
Oasis – 7/1
George Ezra – 8/1
Led Zeppelin – 8/1
Beyonce – 10/1
Chemical Brothers – 10/1
Daft Punk – 10/1
Taylor Swift – 10/1

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I really hope not. I am told they are excellent live but, to me, they're like a joke that I just don't understand.

I would be very disappointed if the 'wow' factor act is Muse as they are the only one of those types of acts already mentioned that I wouldn't enjoy.

In other news, these are the odds for Glastonbury 2020 headliners, could we see any of these at Sziget?

Elton John – 6/4
Fleetwood Mac – 6/4
Coldplay – 5/2
Paul McCartney – 3/1
The 1975 – 3/1
Foals – 10/3
Arctic Monkeys – 7/2
Blur – 7/2
The Kinks – 7/2
Madonna – 4/1
Ariana Grande – 9/2
The Smiths – 9/2
Kendrick Lamar – 7/1
Oasis – 7/1
George Ezra – 8/1
Led Zeppelin – 8/1
Beyonce – 10/1
Chemical Brothers – 10/1
Daft Punk – 10/1
Taylor Swift – 10/1

The 1975 played this year so they can be ruled out.

AM played in 2018 so they can ruled out

Geroge Ezra is not touring next year so he can be ruled out.

4 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Elton John – 6/4
Fleetwood Mac – 6/4
Coldplay – 5/2
Paul McCartney – 3/1
The 1975 – 3/1
Foals – 10/3
Arctic Monkeys – 7/2
Blur – 7/2
The Kinks – 7/2
Madonna – 4/1
Ariana Grande – 9/2
The Smiths – 9/2
Kendrick Lamar – 7/1
Oasis – 7/1
George Ezra – 8/1
Led Zeppelin – 8/1
Beyonce – 10/1
Chemical Brothers – 10/1
Daft Punk – 10/1
Taylor Swift – 10/1

Foals, daft punk, chemical brothers and Taylor swift seem most likely out of these 

11 hours ago, OllieR said:

Foals, daft punk, chemical brothers and Taylor swift seem most likely out of these 

Daft Punk is wishful thinking, I'll cut it off the bucket list.

Coldplay/Blur, Foals and Chems are viable and that is reasonable: if they are also able to substitute the crap EDM night with Chemical Brothers I believe everybody will be damn damn happy

21 hours ago, dude111 said:

i think about marron 5 or someone like them.

maybe a strong hip hop name like drake or a pop star like katty perry.

I think that the best choice for the commercial hip-hop name would be Childish Gambino. This way we would have a quality act like Kendrick Lamar at Sziget 2018 which was a better booking than Post Malone this year in my opinion. The second best choice would be Eminem.

I think that this kind of bookings would make the festival to maintain a very good balance between pop-oriented & quality music.