Security Companies at Boomtown.

Sawdusty surfer

It seems that one particular security company (Gainsborough Event Security) at BT were behaving badly this year. Numerous reports are popping upallover the interweb.

Boomtown management are aware of this and are keen to get to the bottom of it toprevent it happening again.

From a BT FB Crew page, 

Boomtown FairoJUaDQAiBQe.png?_nc_x=GDteVqjdvwi Hey everyone, we are aware that there were some issues with the security, and will be actively looking into it post event. if you have any feedback to give us please do so via this form here so that we can log it properly and compile a list of issues. We have x3 security companies onsite so please give as much details on the colour of tabards, location, timings and hopefully their tabard number for us to be able to give this the proper attention it deserves. http://bit.ly/2Z1mxTI  

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSff9sasmKVxfTkLy3Vu_wEqiuLTotRtVoqHNzgYwodYw6RvLw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR3vxig1EFw0rz0_C3KO-i8WZaWZnQPgUMhzF0o53APRI8IUerv3KWSB4ZA

interesting. in my own experience, gainsborough folk at boomtown were generally the friendliest security I've ever worked with, and most seemed really relaxed about the drug situation... and loved getting on it in their down time. though, obviously, they were only the ones I interacted with. 

sad to hear people having issues, as it completely undermines the idea of them making the place safer and more comfortable for the punters. best thing we can do is report any misconduct we see. I've long been taking down the numbers on the backs of security guards who I see abusing their power... Pocketing drugs, being overly violent etc. and reporting them to their firm.  

Edited by rock the clock

5 hours ago, rock the clock said:

loved getting on it in their down time

They shouldn't be getting on anything tbh, they're working - properly working. They should be subjected to dogs and sobriety checks and held to a higher standard than the punters. The level of car crash of it turning out some coked up security beat someone and their tent was full of confiscated drugs should terrify management.

I think if they tested them and searched their vans on the way in/out this'd already be over. They refused to let us even stop their vans to check wristbands last time we were doing gates, whole thing stunk.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

sure, the idea that they should get any kind of preferential treatment on the gates is stupid... they should be held to the same standards as the rest. 

if an individual wants to go and enjoy the festival and get a bit happy in their off time it doesn't bother me though. 

but as I said, any kind of abuse of power is wrong. i have reported 2 security heads to their firms after seeing their antics at festies this summer. i welcome boomtown asking for specific feedback on it, seems like the crew genuinely care about making the environment better for everyone 

Edited by rock the clock
spelling