Boomtown 2020 Chapter 12: New Beginnings

vintagelaureate

5 minutes ago, Smashed Heron said:

It is stupid though, Boomtown put up a post on FB and the result is 400 people commenting absolutely nothing at all apart from

Tom Jones Paul Smith Lucy Adams xxx

Its so boring and it suggests a real lack of intelligence from attendees of the festival. 

I was one of them!

Ahh well, certainly gave our group chat a chance to throw around some crazy, ludicrous hypotheses for a short period, and to reminisce about some of the outrageous moments we've shared over the many years of attending Boomtown. 

56 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I just looked at tickets and they are still available (showing for 2020) does anyone know if I book one will it be carried over to 2021?

Or am I better off trying to contact Boomtown / Ticketsellers to check?

Thanks for any help :) 

Yes, tickets will get rolled over if you buy them now.

5 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I just looked at tickets and they are still available (showing for 2020) does anyone know if I book one will it be carried over to 2021?

Or am I better off trying to contact Boomtown / Ticketsellers to check?

Thanks for any help :) 

5 hours ago, mr flow said:

Yes, tickets will get rolled over if you buy them now.

Funnily enough I nearly asked the same the same thing! There's no installment plan available now; I'd guess they'll put that back in the Winter? 

We've decided on Boomtown for certain next year but there will only be two of us.

42 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Funnily enough I nearly asked the same the same thing! There's no installment plan available now; I'd guess they'll put that back in the Winter? 

We've decided on Boomtown for certain next year but there will only be two of us.

That's great news you've decided to come! I think they are going to see how many roll tickets over before deciding what to do with the remaining tickets.

4 hours ago, mr flow said:

That's great news you've decided to come! I think they are going to see how many roll tickets over before deciding what to do with the remaining tickets.

I owe you a pint for all the guidance you've given me! 😅 I will definitely be there - I just don't whether to buy now or hold off till installments!

15 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I owe you a pint for all the guidance you've given me! 😅 I will definitely be there - I just don't whether to buy now or hold off till installments!

I'm thinking the same! Just short of £300 to buy now, so wondering what to do, don't wanna spend all that right now but don't wanna miss out on tickets! Its a tough one!

On 6/9/2020 at 10:32 AM, Wellyboot said:

I'm thinking the same! Just short of £300 to buy now, so wondering what to do, don't wanna spend all that right now but don't wanna miss out on tickets! Its a tough one!

Have you been before?

I've only done the one  - 2018 - loved it. Missed the efests meet though! There was only the three of us. Didn't go last year as one of the three won't go again as he had an issue with security and then the weather forced the decision for me and the other. 

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Have you been before?

I've only done the one  - 2018 - loved it. Missed the efests meet though! There was only the three of us. Didn't go last year as one of the three won't go again as he had an issue with security and then the weather forced the decision for me and the other. 

Yeah I've done three, 17, 18 and 19. I love it there, but the security are arseholes!! (maybe not all of them, but a lot) but last year in particular just really aggressive. And it is off putting!! The rest of its brilliant but they can really spoil it for you.

The weather last year was a mare!!! We thought our tent was gonna fly off haha :lol: had to re-peg at least a few times a day!

Hopefully we will both sort tickets out and the weather will be fab :) 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, manateemike said:

I’ve just completed the survey but I’m sure there was no where to input your email for the draw. Or did I miss that ?

Not to fussed as I have this years tickets still, more scratching my head that somebody could forget that bit. 

I wondered about that!!

Thought I'd missed it, or pressed the wrong thing (im good at that) so glad its not just me

20 hours ago, manateemike said:

I’ve just completed the survey but I’m sure there was no where to input your email for the draw. Or did I miss that ?

Not to fussed as I have this years tickets still, more scratching my head that somebody could forget that bit. 

11 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I wondered about that!!

Thought I'd missed it, or pressed the wrong thing (im good at that) so glad its not just me

Yeah, what @jump said. It automatically gets your email address from you clicking the link  - if you were to go back on it now, you'll get a "thanks for..." message. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zico martin said:

Hi guys we really fancy trying this next year but there doesn't appear to be the option to pay a deposit, is this likely to become available at a latter date or do I have to pay the lump sum? 

Hi, me and @Wellyboot are awaiting that too. Boomtown usually do installment schemes, so I imagine they'll put these back on sale in Autumn. 

@Sku or @mr flow might know more. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hi, me and @Wellyboot are awaiting that too. Boomtown usually do installment schemes, so I imagine they'll put these back on sale in Autumn. 

@Sku or @mr flow might know more. 

They're waiting to see the situation with refunds and roll overs for this year. I wouldn't imagine you'll hear anything until October, but fully expect the installment scheme to be an option again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mr flow said:

They're waiting to see the situation with refunds and roll overs for this year. I wouldn't imagine you'll hear anything until October, but fully expect the installment scheme to be an option again.

Cheers. 👍 I will definitely be there next year so I'll come find you and buy you a much deserved Hooch. 🤪😂

• Like 1