Boomtown 2020 Chapter 12: New Beginnings

vintagelaureate

Its gone quiet round here. So a few juicy bits for people that maybe interested. Some have been touched on already.

A new area called Forgotten Valley. Near the Lion’s Den and will be the host for Kidztown, Whistlers Green areas. 

Barrio Loco is being remodeled

Diss-Order Alley getting a new outdoor arena

The Forge stage is moving

Edited by JBarbour

Crew e-mail just received. Few new things they have revealed:-

• Barrio Loco to have a new outdoor hip hop / neo soul / grime arena
  • Diss-Order Alley to also have a new outdoor arena at the core of the district
  • The Forge is moving from the current location into copper county and wrong side of the tracks is being moved down to Paradise Heights to help with crowd flow problems around that area.
  • As mentioned by @Sawdusty Surfer earlier in the thread, the area between back of Lions Den and Area 404 will now house an area called the The Forgotten Valley, which will house Kidztown and all of whistlers green.

More shows also set to be announced for April and May for Area 404 complex in Bristol.

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Its gone quiet round here. So a few juicy bits for people that maybe interested. Some have been touched on already.

A new area called Forgotten Valley. Near the Lion’s Den and will be the host for Kidztown, Whistlers Green areas. 

Barrio Loco is being remodeled

Diss-Order Alley getting a new outdoor arena

The Forge stage is moving

Beat me to it :D 

42 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Beat me to it :D 

I'm quick 😛

A few other things I missed from speed typing ha - 

Wrong Side of the Tracks moving into Paradise Heights. Were the crowd flow issues that bad last year, I can't remember it being an issue? 

Forge will run later than before and act as a late night venue. Sounds interesting and an alternative to festival goers that may be more interested in bands than DJs later on. 

Forgotten Valley will host large scale yoga and meditation classes with world experts. Sure that will go down well with the party crowd. :lol:

Edited by JBarbour

29 minutes ago, dumski said:

any thoughts on what they might do with what was whistlers green? 

I loved it up there in between lions den acts, the views, stalls, sights, moonspa etc

i remember when we had campervans up there but i can;t see that happening

I don't think they've said what they doing with Whistlers green yet. They may just use it for camping, they'll be losing camping space from the shifting of areas. 

I did enjoy it up there, felt like you was getting away from the hustle of the festival. I can get why they moving it though, always very quiet up there. I think the busiest it was in recent years was when Too Many Zooz played. 

3 hours ago, dumski said:

I loved it up there in between lions den acts, the views, stalls, sights, moonspa etc

Pretty sure that it's going to be some kind of boutique camping.

8 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

It is a nice spec up there - away from the festival but close enough at the same time. I did like Whistler's Green being there though! Some of my favourite food places! 

11 hours ago, JBarbour said:

I wonder it what sense!? Boomtown is never easy to call. I haven't bought my ticket yet but I'm pretty sold on going again to be honest!

9 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

44 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

It is a nice spec up there - away from the festival but close enough at the same time. I did like Whistler's Green being there though! Some of my favourite food places! 

With Camp Skylark expanding and replacing Springs at the same time, would it be relocating up the hill at Whistlers Green.

Just found this on the site: Camp Skylark is located South of the festival, nestled behind Lion’s Den only a short walk through the woods and your at 5 ways Junction or Sunset Hill.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, dumski said:

Previously some of that area has been volunteer / crew camping, so they could move some of that up there?  

Or just camping - one of the previous issues has been the lack of camping on flat ground, and the density of camping around downtown.

20 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Really looking forward to this line up and flurry of announcements! 12pm on the 6th isn't it?

Any rumours on any of the line up?

It's def 6th. Not sure on timing. 

I think just Damian Marley so far as a rumour, because of his live dates.