Boomtown 2020 Chapter 12: New Beginnings

vintagelaureate

The site has pretty much already expanded to the point it can take about 80k punters.

The line up on the existing stages will just be stronger. None of the new land purchased in recent years is that suitable for new stages or districts, and is most likely to be used for additional camping or parking.

I think it's possible you will see a couple more mid sized venues, and stronger scheduling to better balance the crowd. There are 3 absolutely huge arenas, and the town centre is a 4th fairly large stage too. That's more than enough for 80k punters if they are evenly spread out.

There is also scope to increase the size and bookings on "The Forge" too. You can simply push the stage further back down that hill, and it becomes a pretty big arena. It's where the Lions Den used to be after all.

Edited by Sku
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, smogo said:

I predict Scooter for Sunday night. They've announced a short Germany tour on the Fri & Sat nights either side of the 16th.

They're doing three dates in May over here - Glasgow, Manchester and London.

Tickets on sale tonight at 7pm ?

All tickets are up by around £20 from last year. Standard tier 4 with Wednesday entry is £284! That's got to be the most expensive UK festival ticket right? You do get a lot of bang for your buck at Boomtown though!

4 day standard tickets
-Tier 1: £219
-Tier 2: £244
-Tier 3: £254
-Tier 4: £264
-Upgrade to 5 day ticket: +£20

4 or 5 day public transport saver tickets:
-Tier 1: £209
-Tier 2: £239
-Tier 3: £249
-Upgrade to 5 day ticket: Free

Tickets for under 18’s:
Teen 13-17: £209
Child 0-12: Free

Edited by Sku

19 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I wont be there next year, but I am jealous of everyone going. I decided that I will just do Glastonbury, rather than the double header. Reading through twitter with people getting excited is giving me massive jealousy.

Have a blast!

I'm in the same boat but it's not helping my FOMO

On 11/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, smogo said:

I predict Scooter for Sunday night. They've announced a short Germany tour on the Fri & Sat nights either side of the 16th.

I keep seeing this everywhere.

I cannot ever see boomtown booking Scooter! Would be the strangest headliner ever... I love them but no

17 minutes ago, Jimpsnl said:

I keep seeing this everywhere.

I cannot ever see boomtown booking Scooter! Would be the strangest headliner ever... I love them but no

I'm not saying it is going to happen, but there does appear to be a few people quite high up at Boomtown joking about it, which in turn seems to be getting a lot of positive feedback...

Personally, i don't see it happening, but the rumour does seem to be gathering pace.

I was on the fence before the price hike, increased capacity and an extra £20? Will have to be a hell of a line up.

I know there’s all the extras but we spent so long queuing up for them this year that it didn’t fell as immersive, it’s not an achievement solving a puzzle when there’s a line of people trying to chat to the same actors, can’t see it improving on that front too much. 

Too popular for its own good or maybe I’m just getting too old for it ?

12 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

I was on the fence before the price hike, increased capacity and an extra £20? Will have to be a hell of a line up.

Would be about £700 for me and the OH to go with the motorhome this year from the Wednesday!

6 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

I know there’s all the extras but we spent so long queuing up for them this year that it didn’t fell as immersive, it’s not an achievement solving a puzzle when there’s a line of people trying to chat to the same actors, can’t see it improving on that front too much. 

Too popular for its own good or maybe I’m just getting too old for it ?

I agree, I'm still very tempted to buy tickets but all in the tickets cost £356.50 for me, I can only just convince my friend to go Leeds festival which is 100 quid cheaper

A bit of info about next year that came with the crew party email.

Here.........

It’s on, the crew party kicks off in massive style on Saturday 7th December..

Read below for more details....

First though, just a quick update on where we are this end... We’ve spent the last 6 weeks redesigning (yep again) the core Boomtown team to make communication tighter and ultimately everyone's job a bit easier and it’s looking really good! For the first time ever, we’re in the process of putting together a multi-year plan of where we see the festival going in the future. It’s really exciting and gives us goals each year... More on this will follow in the coming months.

One of the main areas that we’re focussing on for Chapter 12 is the camping experience and the parts of the festival that make people feel more comfortable, such as the food quality / variety and drinks, chillout areas and the other public facing areas outside of the creative production experience...

We’ve also got an insanely exciting project to announce, which we’ll start feeding out over the next few months.. It’s a project we feel like we’ve been building on for years and where we are with the festivals production right now means it’s all able to start coming together.. The whole project is totally bonkers (as ever) and due to the heavily themed immersive nature of Boomtown means we’re probably the only event on the planet able to do what we’re planning… That’s all we can say for now, so watch this space...

So, on to the crew party… Last year it was Copper County ‘The Birth of the Curse’ themed; the beginnings of the industrial revolution where the western world ventured down the unknown path of capitalist enterprise... This year, we’re fast forwarding on to a post apocalyptic dystopian world where nuclear has replaced nature and exploring what that looks like... as we enter the world of AREA 404.

We always aim to outdo ourselves with the crew party and give the whole team the first insight to what the next annual fair will look like. It’s such a good chance for the whole crew, all those that make Boomtown what it is, to come together and properly connect and build on relationships. Check out our Facebook event here and below for everything you need to know!

Huge love and we can’t wait to see you all there.

xx

On 11/14/2019 at 3:12 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

A bit of info about next year that came with the crew party email.

Here.........

It’s on, the crew party kicks off in massive style on Saturday 7th December..

Read below for more details....

First though, just a quick update on where we are this end... We’ve spent the last 6 weeks redesigning (yep again) the core Boomtown team to make communication tighter and ultimately everyone's job a bit easier and it’s looking really good! For the first time ever, we’re in the process of putting together a multi-year plan of where we see the festival going in the future. It’s really exciting and gives us goals each year... More on this will follow in the coming months.

One of the main areas that we’re focussing on for Chapter 12 is the camping experience and the parts of the festival that make people feel more comfortable, such as the food quality / variety and drinks, chillout areas and the other public facing areas outside of the creative production experience...

We’ve also got an insanely exciting project to announce, which we’ll start feeding out over the next few months.. It’s a project we feel like we’ve been building on for years and where we are with the festivals production right now means it’s all able to start coming together.. The whole project is totally bonkers (as ever) and due to the heavily themed immersive nature of Boomtown means we’re probably the only event on the planet able to do what we’re planning… That’s all we can say for now, so watch this space...

So, on to the crew party… Last year it was Copper County ‘The Birth of the Curse’ themed; the beginnings of the industrial revolution where the western world ventured down the unknown path of capitalist enterprise... This year, we’re fast forwarding on to a post apocalyptic dystopian world where nuclear has replaced nature and exploring what that looks like... as we enter the world of AREA 404.

We always aim to outdo ourselves with the crew party and give the whole team the first insight to what the next annual fair will look like. It’s such a good chance for the whole crew, all those that make Boomtown what it is, to come together and properly connect and build on relationships. Check out our Facebook event here and below for everything you need to know!

Huge love and we can’t wait to see you all there.

xx

Interesting this, this new experience they are talking about in terms of production... I reckon it’s some sort of VR experience.

Would fit in nicely with the whole A.I thing

12 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

Source?

I don't want to say, but a truly excellent one. :) 

If you look back to somewhere around this time last year, you can find me saying the same for IC &/or KS for Glasto (which was from the same source, and right).

caveat: my info doesn't actually say they're confirmed, but everything came good with last year and I strongly doubt this time will be different ... so here's another one for this year: doing Beat-Herder too.

Edited by eFestivals