Boomtown 2020 Chapter 12: New Beginnings

vintagelaureate

Anyone have a rough idea of when the line up is usually released? Festivals already started to drop the excitement has begun :))

Also could anyone give me a run down of the chapter 11 story really wanted to get stuck in and do some investigating but it was my first year got so distracted and didn't even know where to start! 

22 minutes ago, Ser3n said:

Anyone have a rough idea of when the line up is usually released? Festivals already started to drop the excitement has begun :))

Also could anyone give me a run down of the chapter 11 story really wanted to get stuck in and do some investigating but it was my first year got so distracted and didn't even know where to start! 

Line up tends to come out in Feb. Occasionally you get a headliner announced in December.

16 hours ago, Ser3n said:

There's loads of blogs floating around detailing this years story line (see below). I'd also highly recommend joining the boom town story line Facebook group for updates year round on story line. The Chapter 12 conspiracy has already begun. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKLvOPKBNnAmsS-0BN7iN4pOOG8JBx-B/view?fbclid=IwAR0MTgMZBMtymjkht5BPNB9Mo1lAUH3QK1FMZqSe-K_avRgK21Db1bZRnLI

https://boomtown-adventures.tumblr.com/post/187900591126/chapter11?fbclid=IwAR28eI1bftJcclrRgCbHrEgcSYvcKGGk_Hzl1ETR7KS6jRuFITbZFwjtxnQ

On 9/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, Radi0Head said:

There's loads of blogs floating around detailing this years story line (see below). I'd also highly recommend joining the boom town story line Facebook group for updates year round on story line. The Chapter 12 conspiracy has already begun. 

Just joined the Facebook group, I'm already buzzing.

11 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Having seen them last night, King Gizzard and Lizard Wizard would be perfect town centre headliners.

It wouldn't surprise me if Boomtown got them, they are strangely ignored by other fests and with them selling out the Alley Palley now would be a perfect time to book them.

21 minutes ago, McAlun said:

Hello...I'm gonna be new to this. Do I have to register before buying a ticket? Any recommendations on best ticket to go for? Cheers 

Nah, you give your name over and you will need an ID on the day but it's not like Glasto which requires registration.

The quicker you buy a tix the cheaper it will be as it's on a tier system. You may want to consider getting reserved camping tix as if you get there late you'll miss out on the better camping spots which can go quickly and the last spots always suck.

Based on social media updates, the artist bookers from Boomtown have made trips to London to see Aphex Twin and Kano in the last few weeks. Could be nothing, but i know they did the same with Groove Armada last year, and they ended up playing....

Edited by mr flow
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mr flow said:

Based on social media updates, the artist bookers from Boomtown have made trips to London to see Aphex Twin and Kano in the last few weeks. Could be nothing, but i know they did the same with Groove Armada last year, and they ended up playing....

Aphex on Nucleus. Oh my days.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 10:52 AM, mr flow said:

Could really see Kano playing, amazing live act and a new record too. Assume he would be on Lions Den.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:40 AM, Tommy101 said:

Yeah, we did the reserved camping this year and I can really see the appeal.

To be honest if it was my choice next time I'd 'just get there early' but appreciate this isn't always an option.

I really enjoyed camping right on the outskirts of Boomtown. It wasn't great when it was lashing down, but I enjoyed the relative quietness and it wasn't particularly far from a few stages. A fair trek downtown though.

21 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

After bagging a Glastonbury ticket I don't know if I will make it to Boomtown next year. Aphex though!!!

I'm in the same boat. 

I'm not planning to go for tickets in the November sale but I know I'm only one exciting announcement away from caving, and getting a ticket anyway. 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:45 AM, vintagelaureate said:

I really enjoyed camping right on the outskirts of Boomtown. It wasn't great when it was lashing down, but I enjoyed the relative quietness and it wasn't particularly far from a few stages. A fair trek downtown though.

Where was this? I was at the back of Paradise Heights, good location for getting to everything, but it was packed in. Wouldn't mind somewhere quieter and easier to find space next year. 

On 10/14/2019 at 11:57 AM, Metal Monkey said:

Where was this? I was at the back of Paradise Heights, good location for getting to everything, but it was packed in. Wouldn't mind somewhere quieter and easier to find space next year. 

I'd have to check the name but we were literally next to the perimeter fence.

Surely with increase in capacity boomtown will need bigger headliners to ensure ticket sales.

also I predict a new stage may be on the way, now that the landowner Peveril Bruce has purchased those 3 fields by Lions Den and Boomtown have already asked to use 1 for more camping, I wonder if a new Main dance stage is on its way either next year or the year after.

a lot of people complained this year apparently about the main stages being limited to dnb or techno, sadly not all people attend boomtown for the actors and small venues, a massive portion only attend for the big stages.

Maybe Mr Flow or others with inside knowledge may be able to give us some hints.

Either way I don’t mind, as long as we get the same sound levels of the relic closing ceremony next year all weekend, I’m happy 

11 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

Surely with increase in capacity boomtown will need bigger headliners to ensure ticket sales.

I'm not so sure, I would of though they'd make the smaller stages headliners and overall line up stronger. There's no point putting on bigger headliners on The Lions Den when they already draw big crowds when it's barely filled the during the day and the smaller stages like Hangar 161 or The Forge for example could be better used to split the crowd.

43 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm not so sure, I would of though they'd make the smaller stages headliners and overall line up stronger. There's no point putting on bigger headliners on The Lions Den when they already draw big crowds when it's barely filled the during the day and the smaller stages like Hangar 161 or The Forge for example could be better used to split the crowd.

This.

I think you'll see the calibre of the line up improve below the headliners, but the actual main headliners will remain the same