Coleman Blackout Festival 4 Tent

paddyclark

33 minutes ago, paddyclark said:

Anybody got any comments / thoughts / experience of this tent,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078PJGQPH/ref=cm_wl_huc_continue?th=1

looking to downsize for coach 

Cheers in advance

Patrick

Bought one for Glastonbury and sent it back immediately after. The thing was like sleeping in an oven!

Got it delivered the Tuesday of Glastonbury because of the weather forecast, was all cocky with my mates telling them how i was going to be sleeping in till 10/11 every day. In fact their 'normal' tents were cooler than our Coleman. 

I'd get one of those Quchua Fresh and Black tents that people on here love, they seem a lot cheaper and people were saying they kept relatively cool at Glastonbury considering how hot it was.

Edited by bigfurbdogg

My son has a Coleman blackout tent but a different model. The blackout works very well for keeping out the light but it makes little to no difference with the temperature. Good solid build and enough height to sit inside in a camping chair.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

My son has a Coleman blackout tent but a different model. The blackout works very well for keeping out the light but it makes little to no difference with the temperature. Good solid build and enough height to sit inside in a camping chair.

its the Morning temperature from the sun that I want to reduce. Spend little time in the tent daytime,

Like the fresh and black but prefer the packability bigger porch and slighly higher roof of this one..  Have a £30 Amazon voucher so will only cost me £110 proper cash. Will decide tonight.

20 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The blackout is to keep the tent cooler for a bit longer, it’s not the light that wakes you up

I'm no tent expert but it definitely says 

revolutionary sleep system eliminates up to 99% of the daylight from the tent bedroom, so you can sleep and recharge during the day after a night of partying. 

?and I also mentioned a fan?

Edited by mashedonmud

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

The blackout is to keep the tent cooler for a bit longer, it’s not the light that wakes you up

It's not. The blackout is to keep the light out, not the heat down. The heat reflecting side of the Fresh &Black range is a separate thing. Sounds like the Coleman tents only keep the light out.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not. The blackout is to keep the light out, not the heat down. The heat reflecting side of the Fresh &Black range is a separate thing. Sounds like the Coleman tents only keep the light out.

They don’t do that very well either. The best thing about the Coleman tent I have is that the ground sheet is sewn in to the outer skin so if it rains then you don’t get a river through your tent

This is a comment from @D-Low from another the other tent thread

Had the Coleman too and found it useless at keeping me cooler. Was great to have a blackout bedroom but as soon as the sun hit the tent at 6.30/7am I had to get out as it was far too sweaty. Subsequently returned it for a refund anyway as there was two tiny holes on the outer. Hopefully there will be some advances in tents again next year when I'm looking to re-purchase.

22 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

This is a comment from @D-Low from another the other tent thread

Had the Coleman too and found it useless at keeping me cooler. Was great to have a blackout bedroom but as soon as the sun hit the tent at 6.30/7am I had to get out as it was far too sweaty. Subsequently returned it for a refund anyway as there was two tiny holes on the outer. Hopefully there will be some advances in tents again next year when I'm looking to re-purchase.

Will also add that the porch area would be absolutely useless should it have rained. There were massive gaps around the bottom of the zips when done up so a river would have awoken to large puddles. Thankfully the weather gods were nice to us. I had a Vango tent last time and it was similarly sized but the porch area was designed so much better. I'm glad I got a refund, plus it was £180 when I purchased it.