Sneaking Weed Into Leeds Festival 2019

I need some advice on the security at Leeds. 

I've never been to the festival before so I'm not sure how strict the security are. I'm camping from the Thursday to the Monday, I want to take around £50's worth of weed to last me the whole time. I'm not planning on taking it into the actual festival (just the campsite). My Plan is to bag it into smell proof bags (already grinded), then cut up an old scrunchie and sew it back up when the weeds inside. I don't usually do things like this so I'm a bit nervous regarding what the security will be like. 

Will I get caught? Help!

3 hours ago, Anonomousfestivalgirl said:

I need some advice on the security at Leeds. 

I've never been to the festival before so I'm not sure how strict the security are. I'm camping from the Thursday to the Monday, I want to take around £50's worth of weed to last me the whole time. I'm not planning on taking it into the actual festival (just the campsite). My Plan is to bag it into smell proof bags (already grinded), then cut up an old scrunchie and sew it back up when the weeds inside. I don't usually do things like this so I'm a bit nervous regarding what the security will be like. 

Will I get caught? Help!

I doubt it. Most people just chuck it in their rucksack.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, Steve1000 said:

Searches are pretty random but I’d say try and not dress like yer typical drug dealer or whatever and you’d be abit less likely to get searched 

That's exactly how it works at Boomtown, you get to the front of the queue and the security guard gives you a look over to decide which lane you go in next. One lane is done by a festival volunteer who literally touched the outside of my bag and said that's fine whilst the other lane is done by proper security who goes through your bag, pats you down etc. It was obvious it was done by profiling as the proper security lane was full of people looking like dickheads, wearing shirts with Rick & Morty having a joint, fake rasta hats with dreadlocks etc.

Edited by jump

At Leeds a few years ago, my mate rolled 3/4 joints and put them in his baccy pouch in his pocket and the steward going into the arena searched him and found them. My mate basically said, ‘Yeah, they’re joints. I know you’ve got to take them off me.’ The steward asked if that was all he had on him (it was all he had on him) and gave him his pouch back and told him to go on in and enjoy himself.

You’ll be fine. 

Edited by Andre91

19 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

worst case scenario, if i do get caught will they just take the weed off me or will i he refused entry to the festival 

Obviously no one here can make guarantees. There is always the chance you'll get some meathead police reject that follows the letter of the law. However....

Speaking from my experience, the vast majority of staff are volunteers. It's a festival! no one is looking to spoil your fun. If you were unlucky enough to be caught the most likely outcome is they'll confiscate it and send you on you're way. 

I'd be very very surprised if you were denied entry over a bit of weed

• 1 year later...