Sign in to follow this  
Andre91

Bloodstock 2020

Bloodstock announced some bands for 2020 this weekend at the festival: 

Vio-lence, Sacred Reich, Butcher Babies, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dark Tranquility & Skindred. 

I don’t think that any of them are headliners. 

My prediction for Bloodstock 2020 headliners are: 

Behemoth, Disturbed & Mercyful Fate. 

Headliners: Mercyful Fate, Ghost, Judas Priest

Others: Killswitch Engage, Mayhem, Venom Prison, Bury Tomorrow, Employed To Serve, Batkusha, GosT, Rotting Christ, Florence Black

I’ll copy Mercyful Fate even though I’ve never listened to them in my life, Behemoth and then I’ll have Volbeat or Manson as the last

Disturbed are WAY too much of a laughing stock 

headliners: Trivium / Disturbed / Mercyful Fate

others: Behemoth (as special guests) / Saxon / Apocalyptica / Venom / Sodom / At The Gates / Sepultura / Vio-Lence / Code Orange / Dark Tranquility / Skindred / Mayhem / The Black Dahlia Murder / Hammerfall / Primal Fear / Butcher Babies / Equilibrium / Nervosa / Knocked Loose / Venom Prison

On 8/12/2019 at 9:26 PM, Steve1000 said:

I’ll copy Mercyful Fate even though I’ve never listened to them in my life, Behemoth and then I’ll have Volbeat or Manson as the last

Disturbed are WAY too much of a laughing stock 

I don’t get the Disturbed are too stupid argument. This is a festival that has just had a band headline who have tanks on stage and sing about the war and a band who dress up as evil scarecrows pull a massive crowd. Bloodstock is home of the stupid :lol: Disturbed would go down just fine, I’m absolutely certain. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t get the Disturbed are too stupid argument. This is a festival that has just had a band headline who have tanks on stage and sing about the war and a band who dress up as evil scarecrows pull a massive crowd. Bloodstock is home of the stupid :lol: Disturbed would go down just fine, I’m absolutely certain. 

The power metal types seem to be huge at Bloodstock though, and one of the only places in the UK where people give a fuck. There’s a world of difference between them and a mainstream, meatheaded, monster-chugging nu metal band. I actually reckon loads of Sabaton fans would turn their nose up at them. 

Disturbed aren't playing Bloodstock. Good as they are and I'm a fan, they're just too far off the Bloodstock traditional draws and not a good enough show to attract enough fans of their own. Parkway's stuff was less controversial, especially the latest album, but their show had the reputation to pull them through. It was a huge crowd that saw them but a lot of the traditional BS fans weren't at main stage or at the festival at all. Many chose Metal Days instead. Whoever the headliners are, they're booked already and we'll know by end Oct.