Bloodstock 2020

Andre91

Bloodstock announced some bands for 2020 this weekend at the festival: 

Vio-lence, Sacred Reich, Butcher Babies, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dark Tranquility & Skindred. 

I don’t think that any of them are headliners. 

My prediction for Bloodstock 2020 headliners are: 

Behemoth, Disturbed & Mercyful Fate. 

headliners: Trivium / Disturbed / Mercyful Fate

others: Behemoth (as special guests) / Saxon / Apocalyptica / Venom / Sodom / At The Gates / Sepultura / Vio-Lence / Code Orange / Dark Tranquility / Skindred / Mayhem / The Black Dahlia Murder / Hammerfall / Primal Fear / Butcher Babies / Equilibrium / Nervosa / Knocked Loose / Venom Prison

On 8/12/2019 at 9:26 PM, Steve1000 said:

I’ll copy Mercyful Fate even though I’ve never listened to them in my life, Behemoth and then I’ll have Volbeat or Manson as the last

Disturbed are WAY too much of a laughing stock 

I don’t get the Disturbed are too stupid argument. This is a festival that has just had a band headline who have tanks on stage and sing about the war and a band who dress up as evil scarecrows pull a massive crowd. Bloodstock is home of the stupid :lol: Disturbed would go down just fine, I’m absolutely certain. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t get the Disturbed are too stupid argument. This is a festival that has just had a band headline who have tanks on stage and sing about the war and a band who dress up as evil scarecrows pull a massive crowd. Bloodstock is home of the stupid :lol: Disturbed would go down just fine, I’m absolutely certain. 

The power metal types seem to be huge at Bloodstock though, and one of the only places in the UK where people give a fuck. There’s a world of difference between them and a mainstream, meatheaded, monster-chugging nu metal band. I actually reckon loads of Sabaton fans would turn their nose up at them. 

Disturbed aren't playing Bloodstock. Good as they are and I'm a fan, they're just too far off the Bloodstock traditional draws and not a good enough show to attract enough fans of their own. Parkway's stuff was less controversial, especially the latest album, but their show had the reputation to pull them through. It was a huge crowd that saw them but a lot of the traditional BS fans weren't at main stage or at the festival at all. Many chose Metal Days instead. Whoever the headliners are, they're booked already and we'll know by end Oct. 

On 8/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, Alex Winstone said:

How would Korn go down? 

They would divide opinion amongst the faithful I'd imagine. Nu metal isn't really represented there. They have enough fans to make it work though in my opinion. Not that that counts for much. I've only been twice and don't really understand the Bloodstock crowd. It's beautifully batshit crazy. 

12 hours ago, devilman said:

They would divide opinion amongst the faithful I'd imagine. Nu metal isn't really represented there. They have enough fans to make it work though in my opinion. Not that that counts for much. I've only been twice and don't really understand the Bloodstock crowd. It's beautifully batshit crazy. 

I've not been to Bloodstock, but so many metalheads are purists, not remotely interested in anything outside their very particular bubble.

4 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Heard that Parkway Drive had the biggest crowd ever of Bloodstock, so we can expect some new and nontraditional metal bands headlining. I can see Disturbed, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium (again) or even Slipknot doing this

Really can’t see any of them doing it, bar Trivium

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 7:55 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'd take a guess at the headliners being: Volbeat, Behemoth, Mercyful Fate with special guests Dimmu Borgir 

That's exactly who I think the headliners will be next year.

I say that as an educated guess.

Here's why:

I think Volbeat because they've been announced as a headliner for Rock am Ring this year. They also have a good cross-over with the UK and the rest of Europe being that they are massive in Europe and at the level in the UK to headline Bloodstock without being an unattainable band. Remember they were third top on the main stage at Download and they are still not playing arena shows here in the UK just yet only playing in the 02 Academys.

I think Behemoth because the last time they were at Bloodstock was 2016 just before Twisted Sister and they also headlined in 2012. Being that both those intervals are 4 year gaps they may very well be announced as the headliner for 2020 like Bloodstock did with Gojira when they were playing second down in 2016 then moved to headliner in 2018. I also think that booking Behemoth would be a smart move on Bloodstocks part because the reception they will get from fans would be really really positive as Behemoth are kind of a favourite among the attendees and metalheads alike. 

And finally I predict Mercyful Fate along the same lines as Volbeat being that they have been announced for Wacken next year. And we know Bloodstock has a good cross-over with European festivals normally booking a band or two headlining or near headlining a festival over there. Since the bands announced above Mercyful Fate for Wacken are Judas Priest who headlined Bloodstock 2018 and Amon Amarth in 2017, I think it isn't likely Bloodstock would book them again so soon. And the bands next to Fate are Sodom, who I think if they were booked for Bloodstock would probably be second to top, and Hypocrisy, who are too small to headline BS as they played 5th down this year, I think it's safe to say Mercyful Fate is the best bet. Bloodstock have also never had them before but have had King Diamond headline in 2013. So 7 years later and with Mercyful Fate just having been reformed and playing festivals next year I think it's a pretty good prediction. 

As a side note (not predicting any bands and based off line up positioning) I'd really like Satyricon, Equilibrium, Saltatio Mortis and Ensiferum to be the headliners of the Sophie Stage with Ensiferum closing the festival.

• 2 weeks later...