Reading train station to white camp ?

My 17 year old daughter and friend are travelling by train (the rest of us are going by car).. we are parking and staying in white. What is the best way for her to get to white camp to meet us do you think ? It looks like a huge walk and taxis dont seem to be able to drop off there...it's our first time at reading and i am a bit wary of her walking through the festival without us for the first time . Could a taxi drop her somewhere near white entrance ?? Any help appreciated !

Edited by charliewarl

Taxi's aren't supposed to drop off to white but we managed to convince one to last year. Although granted, we had to pay for a parking pass and the staff didn't seem very pleased at all.

Funnily enough, I'm camping in white this year and have to meet two of my friends at Reading station and bring them to white. It's a bit of a fuss but your best bet is probably to meet them at Red entrance and bring them back to white with you. From experience I'd say the walk takes about 20 minutes maybe? Obviously a bit longer if you'll be camping towards the back of White as White camp itself takes about 5 minutes to walk the length of.

• Like 1

There's a pub pretty much opposite the turning off the A4074 that goes down to the white campsite (Pack Saddle or Packhorse, I forget which), they could get dropped off there but it's still quite a trek and from memory they'd be yomping down single track roads with no paths. I'm not surprised that they discourage pedestrians entering that way.

If they were going to use the recommended route there wouldn't be much walking 'through' the festival; they could walk down the river to green gate, get their band and then walk straight back out, and continue along the river to the white campsite.

Edited by mrtourette
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

There's a pub pretty much opposite the turning off the A4074 that goes down to the white campsite (Pack Saddle or Packhorse, I forget which), they could get dropped off there but it's still quite a trek and from memory they'd be yomping down single track roads with no paths. I'm not surprised that they discourage pedestrians entering that way.

If they were going to use the recommended route there wouldn't be much walking 'through' the festival; they could walk down the river to green gate, get their band and then walk straight back out, and continue along the river to the white campsite.

This is what I was just going to suggest. If you don’t want them walking through the festival, this is probably the better option.

• Like 1