Community Service for Ticket

Superscally

8 hours ago, stuie said:

Isn’t this type of chat usually reserved for after ticket day, when people haven’t got the tickets they feel they deserve? 

“Someone on Twitter called it ‘Glasto’ instead of ‘Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts’ - how should we make it more difficult for these people to attend?”

• Upvote 1

I think it should be an auction with the tickets going to the highest bidders. That way the proceeds going to charitable causes would be maximised. That's the most important thing right? Who cares who is actually at the festival if I'm not? 

Edited by gherkin8r

I definitely think it should be a weighted on how close you live to the Seetickets office. The closer you are, the more you obviously deserve to have first access to a ticket. Because, uh, I'll get back to you on that.

Edited by incident

Just now, incident said:

I definitely think it should be a weighted on how close you live to the Seetickets office. The closer you are, the more you obviously deserve to have first access to a ticket. Because, uh, I'll get back to you on that.

you should have easy access to the backdoor already :) 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

“Someone on Twitter called it ‘Glasto’ instead of ‘Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts’ - how should we make it more difficult for these people to attend?”

Someone on Facebook actually referred to "The Chemical Brothers" as "The Chems" out loud, without realising that that's an abbreviation that should only be written down, not spoken.

Let's fuck them up.

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

why is it these things grate ?:) it's that and Eavi for me 

I know, it should be Eavii.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Someone on Facebook actually referred to "The Chemical Brothers" as "The Chems" out loud, without realising that that's an abbreviation that should only be written down, not spoken.

Let's fuck them up.

I know, it should be Eavii.

That too, 2 hats :) 

How about a series of colosseums are set up across the country, and people have to fight to the death in order to secure tickets? It would ensure only the most determined get to go, plus reduces population density, thus helping the environment.

You could also boost this green, worthy aspect by maybe having it so people who usually get to the festival using public transportation get weapons, cyclists get dragons and car drivers have to do it bare handed. 

9 hours ago, deardo said:

Life is too busy for most for this idea to ever work. 

Its a no from moi

It'd be a no from many people, wouldn't be a slight on you if you elected not to do it and I assume that most who didn't have the time would be against the idea, but I still don't reckon there's a problem with 10% of the allocation going that way. I'm a new dad with a forty hour week who trains most if not every day, so I'd struggle to find the time too, but even if I couldn't do it, I'd be happy for it to happen, for the positive impact it would have. The objections to this idea are similar to those that happened when the coach sale came into existence...