The closest to the perfect weather

stuartbert two hats

Which year?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you prefer?

• Other

2013 gets my vote. Decent weather for the way in, a spot of rain on the Thursday, overcast Friday, sunshine for Saturday and Sunday. Never got too hot, never got too wet. 

I thought the start of 2017 was torture, I was so grateful for the rain when it did arrive. Turns out I should have been grateful, this year was the worst year for me weather-wise. 2010 was bad, but I don't remember it being so oppressive. My Saturday afternoon was completely ruined this year as I couldn't last inside Williams Green or Stonebridge for Joe Goddard for more than five minutes without worrying about passing out, which was a real shame. Just ended up in the shade at Maceos reading the paper for two hours. Thankfully after that Saturday evening turned in to one of my best nights at the festival of the six I've done. So happy that it cooled down on Sunday for our last shift. 

2014 wasn't great because of the storm, but you could at least sit down by Sunday. 2016, as someone put above, was hard work but at no point did the mud stop me seeing anyone. 

I feel sorry for poor old 2016 - good god the weather/mud was horrible, but I had a great time that year :)

But I guess the thread is about "the perfect weather" so its understandably where it is :D

16 minutes ago, pauladam said:

I feel sorry for poor old 2016 - good god the weather/mud was horrible, but I had a great time that year :)

But I guess the thread is about "the perfect weather" so its understandably where it is :D

Yeh, I think a thread of "the worst weather" would have 2019 coming out surprisingly high. Poor old 2016 might not do as badly in that poll, particularly if the dates went back a couple of years earlier!

2010 for me.  Might be a similar phenomenon to remembering the golden summers of childhood, but I don't recall anything wrong with it!  I don't remember it having that intense heatstroke-inducing sun of Wed 2017 and most of this year, although there were definitely points when shade was welcome!  I had no sunburn, no heatstroke, and didn't find my plans kiboshed by the fact I was just melting into a gloopy puddle like I did on the Thursday this year.

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I think a thread of "the worst weather" would have 2019 coming out surprisingly high. Poor old 2016 might not do as badly in that poll, particularly if the dates went back a couple of years earlier!

I think a poll of The Worst Weather would have 2016 top, followed by 2019 - which would make 2019 the marmite year.

I can’t work out why people are going for 2019 as worse than 2017 ... once you are in you can adapt as much as possible but having to do the queue and all the necessary putting up tents in that heat :( maybe I had just been more sensible this time with hydration and factor 50 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I can’t work out why people are going for 2019 as worse than 2017 ... once you are in you can adapt as much as possible but having to do the queue and all the necessary putting up tents in that heat :( maybe I had just been more sensible this time with hydration and factor 50 

For me, I had practically no queue in 2017, then was putting up my tent a 10 second walk away from the shade. So I did it in little 2 minutes bursts then kept nipping back to the shade. I was fine with that. 2019, on the other hand, meant missing loads of daytime acts to simply sit in whatever cool spot I could find, guzzling water.

This year was perfect, haven’t experienced a really hot festival before and thought it might be hard but it really was my favourite, discovered Sams Magic Hat Sauna whose showers were an absolute lifesaver and space blankets pegged inside the tent really helped with sleeping, would take this years weather every time please. 

Charm x