The closest to the perfect weather

stuartbert two hats

Which year?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you prefer?

• Other

44 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Saturday afternoon was the only time I have ever not wanted to be at the festival. It was awful. Give me rain over that, anyday.

You could feel the sigh of relief when the cloud started rolling in around 4pm, it was wonderful. I don't think I've ever sweated so much as I did when sat in the circus tent for shade after the Proclaimers. 

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Saturday afternoon was the only time I have ever not wanted to be at the festival. It was awful. Give me rain over that, anyday.

Or even the Boomtown wind!!!

For all the hysteria about the boomtown weather this year, at no point did it bother me anywhere near as much as the Saturday of Glasto. I just doubled up on tent pegs and made sure they were banged in extra hard!!! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

All you cloud loving ANIMALS- Just watch this video and see how much better the site looks when it's sunny and blue sides (after the midway point of the vid) versus the cloudy gloom at the start:

It's not the sun I have a problem with. Friday was glorious!!! But the sense of absolute dread when I got back to my tent at 8am Saturday morning, hangover about to kick in, and my friend said "it's going to be three degrees hotter than yesterday with no breeze" turned out not to be unfounded.

No breeze?!? I think it would have been fine if the wind had kept up a bit. Although, granted, I'd probably have come back a little more lobster like!

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

All you cloud loving ANIMALS- Just watch this video and see how much better the site looks when it's sunny and blue sides (after the midway point of the vid) versus the cloudy gloom at the start:

How things look and how things feel are different. It looks nicer in the sun, but I thought I might die on the Saturday afternoon. The Wednesday morning was perfect festival weather for me.

I have come back from Boomtown with sunburn. It was sunny for about 4 hours. This year at Glastonbury was far too hot.

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It's not the sun I have a problem with. Friday was glorious!!! But the sense of absolute dread when I got back to my tent at 8am Saturday morning, hangover about to kick in, and my friend said "it's going to be three degrees hotter than yesterday with no breeze" turned out not to be unfounded.

No breeze?!? I think it would have been fine if the wind had kept up a bit. Although, granted, I'd probably have come back a little more lobster like!

Ha, I was just getting up at 8am on the saturday as the sun had driven me out of my tent- I feel quite lightweight now! Fortunately I've found a few shaded spots around the festival site to have an emergency morning nap, for those roasting mornings.

To be fair, the Saturday is getting a bit of a kicking on these boards, but I'm pretty sure it suddenly went cloudy and very windy and cooler at some point in the afternoon. Though this may be a false memory...

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ha, I was just getting up at 8am on the saturday as the sun had driven me out of my tent- I feel quite lightweight now! Fortunately I've found a few shaded spots around the festival site to have an emergency morning nap, for those roasting mornings.

To be fair, the Saturday is getting a bit of a kicking on these boards, but I'm pretty sure it suddenly went cloudy and very windy and cooler at some point in the afternoon. Though this may be a false memory...

Clouded over about 3pm I think. It was incredible. Me and Mrs Solider walked from Tangerine Fields (Gate B ) to The Park for Mattiel about midday, and while she was great, it nearly killed us. It was oppressively hot, and with nowhere to hide. We walked back over to Williams Green to meet our crew for Fontaines DC, and genuinely felt ill. Never even ventured into the tent to see them. I had to go for a very unpleasant long drop shit around that time too. It was a rough few hours. The cloud saved my Saturday. This is why 2017 was the best. Sincerely Little Girl. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ah yeh, by the time Lizzo was on, I was back in action. It was just between 12-4pm that was really killer. We sought refuge in the acoustic tent - the first time I've ever felt the need to go anywhere near there!

21 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ah yeh, by the time Lizzo was on, I was back in action. It was just between 12-4pm that was really killer. We sought refuge in the acoustic tent - the first time I've ever felt the need to go anywhere near there!

That 12pm to 4pm stretch seemed to last years- I felt like I was stranded out in the Sahara desert

Rain and mud is awful.  But they've never stopped me seeing bands I like.  Extreme heat has a few times now.  I basically had to write off all of Saturday daytime, and a lot of Friday too.  I hid in shadows doing naff all.  Waste of time.  

On 8/15/2019 at 1:07 AM, JoBalls said:

2017 was perfect for me - warm but not too hot, little bit of drizzle Friday night into Saturday lunchtime which meant a (relatively) early night and a lay in, but otherwise dry the rest of the time. Left my wellies in the car the whole festival. 

This year was lovely Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, but Friday and Saturday were just too hot. 

100% agree!  This year I couldn't be arsed to trek far across site and got a banging headache on Friday through dehydration.  But I'd take it again next year (if I get a ticket!) I will just to learn from this year, woman up and go up to Strummerville and the Park despite my can't-be-arsedness.

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

That forecast a few weeks before had the temp at 42 degrees, imagine trying to survive that??

I was at a one day festival in Melbourne in about 2004, that was 38 degrees - being a young dumb twat I downed half a bottle of rum at midday just before the Darkness took to the stage, and almost immediately after they finished I had to go lie in the shade and bung water over me. People were dropping like flies in the heat - not just us holidaying poms, but actual aussies too. Hard bloody work. I’m perfectly happy at 22 degrees. 

This is what I've got for Moovin festival on Saturday. There's not a lot I'd change about this. I want to dump the bag for a coat in the evening. Not going to burn with the cloud cover, but nice and warm all the same most of the day.

This is pretty close to perfect for my money. 

Screenshot_20190818-232044_BBC Weather.jpg

Edit: The only thing I'd change is the morning being a bit cold, but it is the end of August. Weather like this with midsummer hours and we're talking.

Screenshot_20190818-232423_BBC Weather.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This is what I've got for Moovin festival on Saturday. There's not a lot I'd change about this. I want to dump the bag for a coat in the evening. Not going to burn with the cloud cover, but nice and warm all the same most of the day.

Edit: The only thing I'd change is the morning being a bit cold, but it is the end of August. Weather like this with midsummer hours and we're talking.

Yep that looks great to me. It's my husband's birthday this weekend so we have a long long weekend (booked Tuesday off as well) so hoping we have lots of opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors. 

15 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This and nothing is else is acceptable :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5342052