The closest to the perfect weather

stuartbert two hats

Which year?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you prefer?

• Other

On 8/11/2019 at 12:49 PM, oneeye said:

Even though 2010 (dust) and 2017 were perfect dryness I actually enjoyed 2014 weather more, it had a bit of everything including an impressive lighting storm (good photos). I actually like a little rain....

I think you needed wellies Fri-Sat-Sun on 2014, if I recall correctly? Not for me thanks.

my ideal weather is probably 2008, which is annoying for this poll of course . . . setup in the dry, not too hot, drop of rain thursday evening for a couple of hours so you can have that 'lie in the tent and listen to the apocalypse - peer outside - see its only drizzle and laugh a lot' bit, maybe wellies on the friday, but the rest of the time dry and sunny enough to be able to plonk yourself on the floor. 

That way you get to justify bringing wellies and accessorising welly socks spectacularly, you get to rest up properly overnight without getting baked out of your tent, you get sun/rain mixture like this country seems to want us to all the time, and you get the benefit of a suntan with mudspots which is surely the ambition of everyone at glastonbury every single year. well, maybe just me. 

On 8/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, Mr.Tease said:

I never understand the wails about dust- you'd think that if it's dry the festival is subject to some sort of saharan sand storm. All you have to do is squint your eyes when a vehicle is passing and you're fine. 

Problem for me with the dust is that I wear contact lenses, and without fail by the end of the day my eyes get a little irritated.... Tried sunglasses but dust still gets in the eyes..... And I really struggle with using normal glasses so keeping the dust down is a thing for me

I'd take 2017 weather all day long as even working in the mornings in 19 it was tough in the heat however I loved the weather this year overall, during the music I suffered a bit on the Saturday as it was sweltering.

2017 was sunny and cooler other than the sweltering Tuesday and Wednesday. In between 17 and 19 would be ideal i'd say. 

1 hour ago, TheSheriff said:

Problem for me with the dust is that I wear contact lenses, and without fail by the end of the day my eyes get a little irritated.... Tried sunglasses but dust still gets in the eyes..... And I really struggle with using normal glasses so keeping the dust down is a thing for me

have you tried swimming googles .... should be perfect in all eventualities :) 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

have you tried swimming googles .... should be perfect in all eventualities :) 

Have you tried wearing swimming goggles while not swimming?  They last about 30 seconds before they are fully steamed up and you can't see a thing! :)

I'd pick any year that doesn't have the weather as one of its defining features.  Whether it's too wet, or too windy, or too hot, or too cold, the clue is in the word 'too'.

The weather should be like a referee in football - best when you barely even notice it's there, so you can get on with whatever you want to do.

• Upvote 3

On 8/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I wish I'd gone further back. On reflection, I think I preferred 2009 to all of them.

There was a shitload of rain and loads of mud Thursday evening and Friday in 09. Didn't dry out until Friday evening. 

24-Hours-Glasto-Weather-G-009.jpg?width=

24-Hours-Glasto-Weather-G-006.jpg?width=

51561?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signat

Edited by The Nal

2013 was perfect, rain had the decency to only make an appearance on Thursday evening and cut out in time for the arcadia launch show.  Never too hot, nor cold... The goldilocks zone of festival weather. 

Edited by Spindles

2017 was perfect for me - warm but not too hot, little bit of drizzle Friday night into Saturday lunchtime which meant a (relatively) early night and a lay in, but otherwise dry the rest of the time. Left my wellies in the car the whole festival. 

This year was lovely Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, but Friday and Saturday were just too hot. 

46 minutes ago, incident said:

Just mental, then.

It's rare that (during season) I ever think "I'm glad I'm not at a festival this weekend", but that was one of them.

Me too. 

Or that was my coping strategy!