The closest to the perfect weather

stuartbert two hats

Which year?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you prefer?

• Other

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was this year perfection? Is "enough to keep the dust down" really a thing?

I never understand the wails about dust- you'd think that if it's dry the festival is subject to some sort of saharan sand storm. All you have to do is squint your eyes when a vehicle is passing and you're fine. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was this year perfection? Is "enough to keep the dust down" really a thing?

I get hay fever, so it is for me. I always welcome a bit of rain during hot festivals as it really helps wash away the pollen. Plus it freshens up the dry atmosphere.

2010 was better than the near perfection of 2019,merely because I think 2010 was a drier heat and thus less energy sapping. 

2019 was lovely though--cloudy for queuing at the gates, a coolish breeze for much of the festival, no rain and lots of sun. We got very lucky

I found 2019 hard work until Sunday. It was nice that it was dry. But I suffered a fair bit with the oppressive sunlight and some allergies. Still, looking back, it was pleasant enough. I just found it tricky at times.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Did it rain at all in 2017? Can someone with a better memory help me out because I remember it being a dry one.

Yep. Rained Sunday when Slaves were on and at least one night, can't recall which day but definitely a little bit as I was walking back to my tent at around 2am.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Did it rain at all in 2017? Can someone with a better memory help me out because I remember it being a dry one.

Seem to remember some drizzle, possibly Sunday morning? Wasn't enough to impact though.

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep. Rained Sunday when Slaves were on and at least one night, can't recall which day but definitely a little bit as I was walking back to my tent at around 2am.

Friday Night into Saturday morning it was raining, I remember coming out of block9 around 3ish to head back to tent and getting in fairly damp