Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

I have a very relaxed approach this year cos I have the whole Oxfam stewarding priority thing sorted; my ticket day will be a relaxed affair trying for others. Last year was the first time I’d ever completely failed, so it forced me (quite happily, I always fancied working it) into working. Now I don’t really fancy going back to being a normal punter, I’m spoilt by showers/staff bars/free entry/parking etc! 

ok, I’ve got to give up 24hrs, but I’ll make up for that by heading down Monday ??

• Like 1

I have a question on group sizes for the first sale:

I was told that group sizes have now been put up to 6 for the coach sale, is this true? It has always been 4 as far as I know.

...and is general sale still 6 for the October sale?

(Sorry if this is a daft question but I’ve looked on here/emails/Glasto site and I can’t seem to find out)

Edited by ConorC

5 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I have a question on group sizes for the first sale:

I was told that group sizes have now been put up to 6 for the coach sale, is this true? It has always been 4 as far as I know.

...and is general sale still 6 for the October sale?

(Sorry if this is a daft question but I’ve looked on here/emails/Glasto site and I can’t seem to find out)

Website says 6

2 hours ago, Charm said:

I’m leaving the country during Glastonbury week if I fail, already looking at Ibiza, just couldn’t face being here, would make me too sad.

Charm x

Come on Charm, you're one of the most positive people here.

If you're already setting your expectations to fail then where does that leave us pessimistic old grumps?

14 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Come on Charm, you're one of the most positive people here.

If you're already setting your expectations to fail then where does that leave us pessimistic old grumps?

I know, just feel like my newbies are going to be useless on t day and exactly how many times in a row can 1 person get lucky, please can I join you in the pessimistic old grumps gang.  

Charm x

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

I know, just feel like my newbies are going to be useless on t day and exactly how many times in a row can 1 person get lucky, please can I join you in the pessimistic old grumps gang.  

Charm x

It'll likely shit down with rain anyway as thats 3 years in a row when its been nice on Glasto weekend.

Not much chance of a Henry Kelly.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It'll likely shit down with rain anyway as thats 3 years in a row when its been nice on Glasto weekend.

Not much chance of a Henry Kelly.

Hate to say it but you are so right, I’m obviously in right state now as I’m actually agreeing with you about the weather.

Charm x

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, crazyfool1 said:

hopefully someone more technically minded will come along .... but my thoughts are that if I have any issues by refreshing too fast and it blocks me and I get the screen of death ... its another option that is there to be used ... but I have no techical knowledge whatsoever :) 

Not the *most* technical, but a VPN will possibly limit your bandwidth depending on how it has been set up, and maybe it'll have slightly longer latency than a direct connection. 

But the bandwidth doesn't matter because all the data amounts are really small for the ticket-buying website, and the latency doesn't matter either coz it's still just luck of the draw whether you get a slot when your packet arrives, and the latency will only make milliseconds of difference (and might even mean you hit a slot you otherwise wouldn't have, but it's just random).

So I'd suggest (with all the usual caveats, natch) that if you've got access to a VPN, then use it on one of your devices as it gives you another IP address to get you into the queue as another punter, and you can F5 up to 60 times per minute per IP address.

As far as a wired connection goes, the same applies that WiFi might be a bit slower and have a bit more latency than a direct connection, but it's insignificant, as above. What wired connections give you is reliability, so it's not going to drop out at a crucial moment and take time reconnecting just when you're submitting the reg details, so I'd definitely recommend going wired if you can

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Never done the coach sale. When do you pick the location and time to leave?

It's part of the ticket booking process in the coach & ticket package sale on Thursday 3 Oct. After entering and confirming registrations you will be asked to select a departure day & location. Only those departing from Bristol and London can select a departure time. Your tickets will only be allocated after a booking for coach tickets has been made and confirmed by deposit & coach ticket payment.

15 hours ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Look I've got decades of good fortune with only the slightest hint of failure and even that was overcome via a resale or secret resale.  So now more than ever I think "it's hard to see me racking up a 29th time in a row".

That being said, as we sit here today we've got just as good a chance as anyone else, even @The Nal :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Look I've got decades of good fortune with only the slightest hint of failure and even that was overcome via a resale or secret resale.  So now more than ever I think "it's hard to see me racking up a 29th time in a row".

That being said, as we sit here today we've got just as good a chance as anyone else, even @The Nal :) 

Wow impressive stats, excellent work. 

Been chatting with one of my newbies and he is so determined and excited to go I’ve decided to snap out of my feelings of doom.

Thanks for all the kind words, it’s appreciated.  

Charm x

I'm dreading it; only been twice (2017; 2019) but been successful 3 times inc. the resale last time for a friend. Thought I was going to be buying for my daughter and her boyfriend but they can't make it now so it's just me from our family. May group together with a guy and his wife at work or with a mate and his family/friends. Just not feeling confident but I've already bagged an EOTR ticket and will get a Greenman ticket on Thursday (early bird) which will soften the blow if I fail at the Glasto sale. Just nice to get Glasto sorted as it's nice and early in the season.