Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Trying not to get carried away on the ticket front. The rumoured acts are my best case scenario atm so I feel like there’s loads to lose. The 50th isn’t a good one to miss.

NOS Alive could be a good backup plan if it doesn’t pan out, though.

I missed out this year and did NOS Alive and I think I agree with what Mardy says about doing a completely different type of festival. NOS is pretty much like a big gig rather than a festival, one big outdoor stage and then smaller tents. I had a great time and Lisbon’s a great city but I think it being nothing like Glastonbury definitely helped, I wasn’t really comparing them and thinking about what was missing. 

I echo the nerves on here. I've fallen madly in love with this festival and all of you lovely people. If I get over the line this time I can rest easy and maybe hang them up after. The score increase in ticket I can live with as suggests they're pulling out the stops and Michael due to retire so if a huge line-up and a golden handshake to our leader costs 20 lids, it's  bargain. I hope everyone here is successful. I think we all deserve a break in terms of ticket success for the 50th 

• Upvote 1

its rare I set an alarm for a sunday,  probably 3 times a year ..... but will give myself 2 hours to grab breakfast and do those last minute checks of reg details and all devices are  set up ... with none set to go to sleep :) .... and a quick check asking for watts app photos of everyone else to check they are all prepared too 

Edited by crazyfool1

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Does that make it faster....or just less likely to crash?

Not too sure but I think it makes it faster. My wireless on the pc on rare occasions doesn’t connect so I won’t take any chances. No problems on other devices. 

Spoke to someone last night who hasn’t been before, but has registered and might try though she isn’t too bothered, just curious about the festival. I am tempted to superglue her f5 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not too sure but I think it makes it faster. My wireless on the pc on rare occasions doesn’t connect so I won’t take any chances. No problems on other devices. 

Spoke to someone last night who hasn’t been before, but has registered and might try though she isn’t too bothered, just curious about the festival. I am tempted to superglue her f5 

an automatic leave out of a group unless you need to make up a 6 ... it will make it faster yes ... but the difference will not be much ... although psychology of it might make a difference .... im working out if I can run one laptop on a vpn ?  and if that's worth it :) ah the pain of it all 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

an automatic leave out of a group unless you need to make up a 6 ... it will make it faster yes ... but the difference will not be much ... although psychology of it might make a difference .... im working out if I can run one laptop on a vpn ?  and if that's worth it :) ah the pain of it all 

Oooh. My work computer has a VPN. If it's still running off my WiFi is that going to help, it make both slower?

I've managed to convince my uncle to help me buy tickets. He's got previous experience trying to get Glasto accommodation and definitely doesn't want to go himself so an ideal candidate

He just asked me if he needs to register on see tickets to buy six himself. Any ideas? I think officially no, but I know I always do anyway.... Any ideas? 

Also....for the hundredth time...he doesn't need my card details, does he?

Just now, Sasperella said:

Oooh. My work computer has a VPN. If it's still running off my WiFi is that going to help, it make both slower?

hopefully someone more technically minded will come along .... but my thoughts are that if I have any issues by refreshing too fast and it blocks me and I get the screen of death ... its another option that is there to be used ... but I have no techical knowledge whatsoever :) 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I've managed to convince my uncle to help me buy tickets. He's got previous experience trying to get Glasto accommodation and definitely doesn't want to go himself so an ideal candidate

He just asked me if he needs to register on see tickets to buy six himself. Any ideas? I think officially no, but I know I always do anyway.... Any ideas? 

Also....for the hundredth time...he doesn't need my card details, does he?

no and no if hes happy to use his own card 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Wonder how many French rugby fans are on EFestivals.... I would not be happy if there was an England world cup game kicking off at 8.45am on the 6th!!!

id already been to check the fixtures to see who was playing .... it will be on ... but mind won't be on it :) 

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Wonder how many French rugby fans are on EFestivals.... I would not be happy if there was an England world cup game kicking off at 8.45am on the 6th!!!

I traditionally watch every game in every rugby world cup.... France and Tonga will have to be seen on catch up though. Priorities.