Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

25 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I spent the evening the other day working out how expensive/feasible Lovefields and other options that include tickets would be if i’m unsuccessful in the general sale

I’ve been scanning through other festivals line ups and info this year to see if any appeal to us. Obviously nothing compares to the GF but I fear this ticket sale. 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve been scanning through other festivals line ups and info this year to see if any appeal to us. Obviously nothing compares to the GF but I fear this ticket sale. 

Yeah, i think any idea of a ‘replacement’ is doomed to failure. Best thing is to go to something utterly different, like Primevera where you’re in a hotel in a city. Anything that involves a farm and a tent would be a pisspoor substitute for me

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This thread has gone a bit negative ... come on everyone .... most on here will get tickets as always ... some help will be needed come the resale but thats what this forum is good at :) hope the weekends going well .... homeward stretch now for tickets anyway :) 

A Welcome snippet of optimism, but will be glad when this ordeal is over ! 

I've always entered the ticket sale with a "if it doesn't work out, I'm happy to work" mentality.

Unfortunately with a baby due in Jan that's not really possible this year due to having to go in and out during the festival.

I've always wanted to see the festival from the other side so to speak and almost feel like I was giving something back.

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fair enough ... will wait 2 weeks and a couple of days to start thing about those :) 

I have pessimism!! So much pessimism!!

We have five groups this year. FIVE! So there's no fucking way we're all getting tickets. 

Plus at least three of those coming have angered the ticket gods to fuck by relinquishing their 2019 tickets for such stupid reasons as "I have to go to a wedding". Actually, now I think about it, maybe I shouldn't put myself in their group... 

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I have pessimism!! So much pessimism!!

We have five groups this year. FIVE! So there's no fucking way we're all getting tickets. 

Plus at least three of those coming have angered the ticket gods to fuck by relinquishing their 2019 tickets for such stupid reasons as "I have to go to a wedding". Actually, now I think about it, maybe I shouldn't put myself in their group... 

Thats 30 people trying for tickets surely although you cant check that they are all trying .... but good organisation should be the key here ... and communication between the groups .... a watts app group useful if people can control themselves and only post when a group is sorted .... everyone of course needs the correct registrations and groups to try for after succeeding ... so maybe group 1 tries for group 2 if successful 3 for 4 ... etc and then once 1 and 2 are sorted they try for group 3 ... the only posts on the group should be group 1 sorted etc ... but it will need someone with good organisation to get the registration and watts app group together and to administer it ... thats your difficulties ... any leftover everyone helps in the resale .... and as harsh as it is put the more keen and determined in your group of 6 

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, i think any idea of a ‘replacement’ is doomed to failure. Best thing is to go to something utterly different, like Primevera where you’re in a hotel in a city. Anything that involves a farm and a tent would be a pisspoor substitute for me

The thing is that as well as the unique atmosphere and the amazing characters attending that is Glastonbury the diversity of music on offer suits us. We have slightly different tastes, mrs c loves the Avalon vibe and I go for the bigger stage acts. Something for us all, we can go from Ralph mctell to royal blood no problem.  Other festivals just don’t seem to offer this. 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thats 30 people trying for tickets surely although you cant check that they are all trying .... but good organisation should be the key here ... and communication between the groups .... a watts app group useful if people can control themselves and only post when a group is sorted .... everyone of course needs the correct registrations and groups to try for after succeeding ... so maybe group 1 tries for group 2 if successful 3 for 4 ... etc and then once 1 and 2 are sorted they try for group 3 ... the only posts on the group should be group 1 sorted etc ... but it will need someone with good organisation to get the registration and watts app group together and to administer it ... thats your difficulties ... any leftover everyone helps in the resale .... and as harsh as it is put the more keen and determined in your group of 6 

Yes, I am in charge of organisation ? Its the only thing I bring to the table (other than enthusiasm!!!) as I've never successfully bought any actual tickets. But I organise and coordinate the fuck out of T-Day. Including informing all groups when someone gets tickets. Last year we got all 17 we needed....but failed to get a fourth group for another friend who wasn't on our spreadsheet. Five groups gives me the fear. Obviously more people is great, but I think you reach a point of diminishing returns.

I realised another trick too. You need to not only have the most determined people in your group and those with proven ticket-buying ability, but you also want to be the second group that all the other groups will try for once they have tickets. Which involves putting the connecting individuals in with you, if possible. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The thing is that as well as the unique atmosphere and the amazing characters attending that is Glastonbury the diversity of music on offer suits us. We have slightly different tastes, mrs c loves the Avalon vibe and I go for the bigger stage acts. Something for us all, we can go from Ralph mctell to royal blood no problem.  Other festivals just don’t seem to offer this. 

So true. A few of our Glasto crew also go to Boomtown and we have a great time. But there's other key players who I'm unable to convince (and tbf, they probably wouldn't like it anyway). Finding a festival that ticks everyone's boxes is so hard

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yes, I am in charge of organisation ? Its the only thing I bring to the table (other than enthusiasm!!!) as I've never successfully bought any actual tickets. But I organise and coordinate the fuck out of T-Day. Including informing all groups when someone gets tickets. Last year we got all 17 we needed....but failed to get a fourth group for another friend who wasn't on our spreadsheet. Five groups gives me the fear. Obviously more people is great, but I think you reach a point of diminishing returns.

I realised another trick too. You need to not only have the most determined people in your group and those with proven ticket-buying ability, but you also want to be the second group that all the other groups will try for once they have tickets. Which involves putting the connecting individuals in with you, if possible. 

although  that might diminish the chances of everyone being successful if they all go for group 2 ... it needs to be spread out as much as possible ... if however you have priority groups ... thats somewhat different ;) .... as im sure amongst the 30 there will be some you are not quite so bothered about ... so try to see that as not failure if they dont get tickets ...you will likely not get all of them but if they are still keen its bus resale and resale time 

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

I was thinking of going to Glastonbudget, if I don't get a ticket. It's under £100 and tribute bands seem to be the thing at the moment.