Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

11 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

You can choose where you travel from on a coach, right? Either I'm being thick or I've read totally conflicting answers over time.

Considering coach for the first time in 6 Glasto's. No idea what the crack is. 

Theyre going to post of full list of all depatures and times before the sale happens so you can at least see those options and not worry as much if youre on the selection page.

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Theyre going to post of full list of all depatures and times before the sale happens so you can at least see those options and not worry as much if youre on the selection page.

Are they???? For all locations or just Bristol/London?

I don't care if I can't pick the time right now, I just want to know what I'm likely to end up with. Coming from Glasgow with a ten hour journey could mean not arriving until 7pm on Thursday night if I go for a Thursday ticket ? Im hoping there's at least one See Coach that travels over night (leaving at 11pm arriving at 9am or something).

I know I've got the fear now because I just emailed See to beg them to give me the departure times from Glasgow for the last two festivals... 

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They've never done that before, and haven't said they're going to do it this time.

All they've said is "A full list of departure towns and prices will be available prior to coach packages going on sale.", which is the same information they released prior to the past few October sales.

To date, they've not even released the Bristol/London coach times in advance, you only see them for the first time when you go to buy tickets.

21 hours ago, Sasperella said:

What's everyone approaches to coaches?

Do you opt for Wednesday coaches and stick with it? Or if there are only Thursday tickets left, do you nab one.... Even thought you might be able to get a general entry in the main sale?

Coach resale this year I left if it the lap of the tickets gods.

I used 4 computers in work and put 2 on Wednesday coach 2 on Thursday coach.

Thursday was straight through before I could think of refreshing so I took them, watched the Wednesday attempts get nowhere.

Better to be there late than not at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charm said:

Just had a read through some of this thread and it’s given me the fear, really sad that so many regulars failed, wishing t day was over now and we all knew our fate. 

Charm x

That's crazy choosing to go back and relive that trauma, you deserve a nicer Friday afternoon than that ;) 

5 minutes ago, mph said:

Coach resale this year I left if it the lap of the tickets gods.

I used 4 computers in work and put 2 on Wednesday coach 2 on Thursday coach.

Thursday was straight through before I could think of refreshing so I took them, watched the Wednesday attempts get nowhere.

Better to be there late than not at all.

If I get all the way to the resale without a ticket I will definitely be going for a Thursday Glasgow departure!!!

ive had a 24 hours to forget ...Installed a new update for iPhone but it managed to stop it from functioning properly and I was unable to close any apps without turning off the phone... so ive spent about 6 hours on the phone to Apple installing and uninstalling the operating system and still it didn't resolve it ... so need to make a trip to the apple shop now but at least i haven't been uncontactable around the ticket sale time .... make sure any updates are done in good time everyone 

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

That's crazy choosing to go back and relive that trauma, you deserve a nicer Friday afternoon than that ;) 

I know what a silly thing to do on such a lovely day, it was such a nice read at first when everyone was posting their success stories, totally gutting when the sale ended. 

Charm x

7 hours ago, Sweet_pea said:

I've just done the same ?

Slow day at work. 

Now I feel unwell

Properly grim.

Charm x

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Was the last Saturday of October last year, CV passes too. Same again most likely. 

We really want to get a tipi this year, but it looks like they’ve increased in price by £75 and are now £1,150 each. Could be a bit rich for my blood. There would only be two of us (hope to take the better half next year and wanted something extra special) so that’s a hell of an expense. Also, if they go on sale at 10am again, it’ll be 2am in LA, where I’ll be at the time, with no laptop and just a phone to fart around with trying to put in details. Food for thought. 

I just spent two hours down a YouTube hole; it started as me looking for something from the Chemical Brothers set from this year's festival which in turn led to Lizzo, and then beyond. That Lizzo set was brilliant live. 

Anyway, I don't think I've done myself any favours as I'm dreading failing on ticket day. 

39 minutes ago, kalifire said:

We really want to get a tipi this year, but it looks like they’ve increased in price by £75 and are now £1,150 each. Could be a bit rich for my blood. There would only be two of us (hope to take the better half next year and wanted something extra special) so that’s a hell of an expense. Also, if they go on sale at 10am again, it’ll be 2am in LA, where I’ll be at the time, with no laptop and just a phone to fart around with trying to put in details. Food for thought. 

If you're already looking at those kinds of prices then why would an extra £75 make any difference? Not being shitty, genuinely don't get it.

42 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Think tipis went the fastest out of all the other options last year, Worthy View might be a better bet but that sounds a scramble too. We did CVs this year and enjoyed it, expensive renting but felt it was all worth it in the end. Having a gazebo next to it helped massively on the Saturday when I gave up on some acts due to the heat. 

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If you're already looking at those kinds of prices then why would an extra £75 make any difference?

I guess it wouldn't, I've just had in my head that a tipi is around a grand, and now it's significantly over. I'll have to review it. The main thing was I didn't want her first experience to be rammed up alongside other tents like sardines. Not that she's overly precious, I just wanted to provide the best experience.

8 hours ago, lukethekid said:

My finishing moves usually ended up with me failing to successfully input the required button combination in the given amount of time resulting in my sister getting so annoyed she'd punch me and a real life fight would ensue! 

Maybe seetickets should require you pull off a similarly complex controller button combo when on the payment screen to make it go through--imagine the tension! ?

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

My finishing moves usually ended up with me failing to successfully input the required button combination in the given amount of time resulting in my sister getting so annoyed she'd punch me and a real life fight would ensue! 

Maybe seetickets should require you pull off a similarly complex controller button combo when on the payment screen to make it go through--imagine the tension! ?

It was nearly impossible to do I’d say, the combination to perform the fatalities was more complex than some safe combinations. 

The one were a Mortal Kombat arcade machine falls and lands on their opponent I think is my favourite in that video. Never been seen in real life though ?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

I guess it wouldn't, I've just had in my head that a tipi is around a grand, and now it's significantly over. I'll have to review it. The main thing was I didn't want her first experience to be rammed up alongside other tents like sardines. Not that she's overly precious, I just wanted to provide the best experience.

If that's your main concern then surely Worthy View would do? I can see that the walk might not be too appealing though.

I camp out in Bushy where there is a ton of space around the tents compared to say Pennards and have never felt hemmed in there like I used to at Park Home. I do understand why she wouldn't enjoy that feeling. I don't really like being camped on top of others.

I guess it depends how important a central location is to you. Maybe the new tents by Glastonbury on Sea would be a shout?

Tipis do look so appealing but I can't imagine me ever justifying the cost. Also you fly from Australia, don't you? So already pricey.